This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The **OFFICIAL** 3rd Annual "Broncos on the Con" June 25, 26, 27

Just got home had a great time. I got to meet some of you but peaple were pretty spread out.Had some fuel problems but not a show stopper. Broke the frame behing the steering box on the slabs just before the end. shower, beer then some pics.
    76, DuPont midori sour green, explorer 5.0, Mild built C4, D20, 1 ton steering, 44 w/soft locker 4:11, 9" w/locker, 4.5" lift, 1" NHL Bodylift, Duff front long arm's,4.5 WH front and rear, 35 toyo's, FloFit seats and other dodad's.

Comment

Great pics Arron! I took some time this afternoon to inspect the for damage and noticed that my gas tank is about to fall off. "Not Good", guess its got to go under the knife. I wish I had more time to go all the way in with you guys. I have a few pics and video and will post when I get some time. I guess it's back to the daily grid for now.
      Leave No One Behind
      KK6AUW

Comment

Originally posted by tankedbroncolady
        There were a lot of a mean people out there on our way back
        Rude too!

Was waiting at the top of Walker hill for 3 rigs comming up, a guy in a EB buggy came up beside me and I said there are 3 comming up we are waiting for. He said ok, drove on past drove up the side of the trail to make enough room for the others to pass and then took off in front of us. Maybe I didnt make myself clear but he acted like he owned the place and didnt give a flyin F***

All that has to be said is, hey, you mind if I pass you were haulin ass and wont hold you up. To witch I would have been fine, the trail doesnt seem to be the same as it was 5+ years ago when I was up there all the time, maybe Im just getting old...

RANT OFF...
        1969 EB, 88 Speed density EFI 302, HP D44 front w/ARB, Radius arm long arm, NP435, D20, D60 w/power lock rear, 4link rear with 4" stretch, Front and rear bumpers made by me.

Comment

I think I ran into that guy to! What a c*** sucker
          Leave No One Behind
          KK6AUW

Comment

Originally posted by SonicDonkey View Post
            Rude too!

the trail doesnt seem to be the same as it was 5+ years ago when I was up there all the time, maybe Im just getting old...

RANT OFF...
            A lot of people ...A lot of rigs... The "Buggy Factor" and the 20 somthings have ruined the trail/wheeling.. Drunk and Stupid is what will get the trail closed.. We saw many this weekend.... and this was a slow weekend... Too many people.. Time to go during the week..
            KK6DAD
            70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

What a great trip!! I broke off my anti wrap bar, but other than that, the rig did great. It was nice putting faces with names. I got home about an hour ago, unloaded the trailer and took about a 30 minute shower. I only found about 162 mosquito bites!!
              Kyle
              Aptos
              1967 EB, 5.8, AOD, Stak 5.22, 37's, Dana44/9" w/ARBs 5.13s, 3.5" WH SL, 2" BL, 4wheel disc hydroboost, wristed.

Comment

Originally posted by SonicDonkey View Post
                Well I was there but missed almost all of you guys. Katlin and Mark D can back up my claim to being there tho. I ended up camping with my Father in law near Ellis, headed to Buck Saturday AM when I saw Katlin as we were on the back side of Spider where you can see Buck, she said you guys were headed to the springs and Buck was CROWDED, so I bailed out and turned around. Kind of glad I did, took us 3 hours to get back to Ellis! Broken Jeeps, traffic, ect... Still had a great time, no brakage and Bronco Drove better than it ever has after a trip on the way home. Suppose there is always a next time... Cant wait to here the tales and see the pics.

Justin
                Trail was crowded... It is too bad i missed you and Marc..
                KK6DAD
                70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Here is my brother with a cut tire and a blingin spare from Rockbronco. Thanks Matt. My alternator gave out at the beginning of the trail. I had to swap it out for charged batteries 2-3 times a day to keep rolling. Fun.
                  Attached Files
                  67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
                  69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
                  69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
                  79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
                  67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

Did anyone get a picture of the bear? When I'm trying to post pics, what does it mean when it says i need a security token?
                    The bear was a freaking rumor, I put out Ding Dongs every night to see if it would show! We evan left out chilly for her. Oh why do I call it a her???? I figure it had to be a chick bear letting us all down. Oh it knew of my faux pas and was scared of a dirty old hippy.
                    Last edited by RandyatBBY; 06-28-2010, 06:39 AM.
                    1974EB 302v8, NP435, dana 20 twinstick, dana 44, 9 inch Detriot Locker's, 4.88 gears, front disk, Rockbox, wild horses 4.5 inch lift, 4 wheel Warn Full Floater, 35 Super Swamp Bogers.

Comment

Wow what a great time, Sorry no bummer people for me. I had the best time ever. Went in Loon to the springs and back out Loon. I got lost driving in the dark Thursday night ended up way past Wentworth springs on a loging road and turning around at a dead end dirt road in the middle of nowhere with a with the full rig on the trailer. My new locker on the front made it possible for me to take lines like never before. Well I have some pictures but I am missing my security token.
                      1974EB 302v8, NP435, dana 20 twinstick, dana 44, 9 inch Detriot Locker's, 4.88 gears, front disk, Rockbox, wild horses 4.5 inch lift, 4 wheel Warn Full Floater, 35 Super Swamp Bogers.

Comment

Originally posted by 69crawler View Post
                        It was funny watching people chase after the bear with cameras in hand.
                        Is it bad when you are following the bear with a dog/snack in your hand?

JK John got some pics of the bear, he was right behind our campsite.

Thats how I rub...I mean roll!

Comment

It was a great trip even though there was some carnage. I would sure like to know if Jim got out OK. I really don't like not knowing.

It was great meeting some of you and bummer I couldn't meet more of you. Maybe next year we can be more organized. Made it from buck to the chalet in 2:45. Leaving really early has its benifits. We followed some buggies out and really cooked it.

Now time to get the rig greased and checked for the Dusy in 4 weeks!
                          “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

I hope you are not referring to us
                            No your group was good people.. Its the other asshats
                            KK6DAD
                            70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Well like I have said before I go this weekend every year and this is by far the busiest I have even seen it this weekend! I thing the late winter this year had a lot to do with it.

All in all I have a great time. Met most of you. Had a blast at the Buck camping area. I thing we were with the most broncos in a camp. All great people.

I finnally got my rig up soup bowl whci was awesome! Thought I had it on video, but it looks like the person recording didnt have it on... :-(

Sat was the worst as for crowds, but I was on parts mission all day sat going back out to loon from buck and it was like fighting my way up stream. But we mnade it and got the parts back in that night.

The bear was cool to see Sat morning as well. he didnt seem to want to bother anyone.

We left buck later Sunday like around 10am ish and didnt hit any traffic coming out. Everyone must have leave real early.

Here are some pics, and I will get some video up later...

http://www.wt4x4.net/trips/rubicon/06.25.10/
                              WT 4x4
                              91' One Ton Bronco
                              1971 Bronco
                              9/11/01 Never Forget

Comment

Great time, got home at 4:30. Took a shower and only had 97 bites from skeeters and flies
                                One night at Ellis, one at Buck, then one at Observation Point was fun. Slip one more night at the Spring would be perfect.
                                Had to weld the steering box back on just before Big Sluice, snapped gd 8 bolts. A couple of PS hose leaks, and that was my carnage.
                                Sure was great seeing everyone, and meeting some new ones
                                68 Slightly modified
                                67 LUBR once again
                                61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Working...
                                X