X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The **OFFICIAL** 3rd Annual "Broncos on the Con" June 25, 26, 27

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 View Post
    Down for buck. but if we are all that way why not sat night get to the campgrounds. Then sunday morning get through cadillac and spend the rest of the day getting home
    The campground at the Springs is nice and all but most prefer Buck.

Comment

You can bathe at buck island, I don't know about the springs. Although the water is pretty cold in the lake at the dam. So, Im figuring for myself at least. friday at buck island, maybe saturday night at the springs, and out and around sunday. That will all change if I have More people, and someone Hiking and rotating in and out of the passenger/back seats.
      Yes, It's a Jeep, Can't we all just get along?
      35s,44s locked,102:1 blah, blah, blah. I'll upgrade whatever breaks next, something will, I am sure, hopefully it's something cheap.

Comment

Keep in mind in late June that water is going to be COLD!! Also I have a feeling it is going to be pretty wet up there this year. The snow just keeps falling!

My plan is to get up there early Friday and wheel into Buck with whoever I see. The camp there Friday and Sat, then head back out to Loon Sunday early. Of course all this depends on how everything holds up on my rig as well as others. Had this plan 2 years ago and a steering pump and box later all plans changed...
        WT 4x4
        91' One Ton Bronco
        1971 Bronco
        9/11/01 Never Forget

Comment

You were the one with the broken gearbox at about 1pm friday, on the 08 trip? and then I came in and punctured my radiator hose on my jeep? I remember the Gearbox issue, bummer.
          35s,44s locked,102:1 blah, blah, blah. I'll upgrade whatever breaks next, something will, I am sure, hopefully it's something cheap.

Comment

No not me. I didnt break anythink myself, but was in a group with two rigs that did break.
            WT 4x4
            91' One Ton Bronco
            1971 Bronco
            9/11/01 Never Forget

Comment

Originally posted by Franked View Post
              You were the one with the broken gearbox at about 1pm friday, on the 08 trip? and then I came in and punctured my radiator hose on my jeep? I remember the Gearbox issue, bummer.
              I think that may have been me...
              “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

I'm sorry, all broncos look alike to me, LOL Just kidding, that was the first trip I met anyone from Nor-Cal other than Randy, and I pulled off with Vapor lock/Carb issues, about 2-3hours in, after stopping the whole parade with a clogged filter. So I didn't end up with the group much at all. I've gotten to know a few people since, expect to get to know more people in Moab, and on this run, looking forward to it more than Christmas!

Comment

I have a question, I have always gone the Slabs, instead of big-Sluice. I walked it, last year when a Toyota Monster in our group broke down, and I went back out and around,(I was behind the Toyota) and back up the slabs to get out. Who here wants the Slabs, and who wants to go big Sluice? I'm a little Scared of it, but I think I may try it this time, if I've got some company, at least.

Comment

I have a question, I have always gone the Slabs, instead of big-Sluice. I walked it, last year when a Toyota Monster in our group broke down, and I went back out and around,(I was behind the Toyota) and back up the slabs to get out. Who here wants the Slabs, and who wants to go big Sluice? I'm a little Scared of it, but I think I may try it this time, if I've got some company, at least.
                    I did it last year with Darrin and Matt. It is a ton of fun!! I am going to do it again this year for sure!! Let's go!!!

Comment

Here's a pic from that day. I even got Patricks buddies in the picture.

Last edited by Rockbronco67; 04-01-2010, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Going down the big sluice is not bad at all. I plan to go that way. I hate the slabs. I always feel like I am going to roll....
                        WT 4x4
                        91' One Ton Bronco
                        1971 Bronco
                        9/11/01 Never Forget

Comment

I dont hink i will be going that way. maybe the slabs
                          Originally posted by dblue351 View Post
                          Going down the big sluice is not bad at all. I plan to go that way. I hate the slabs. I always feel like I am going to roll....
                          Roll? any pics? i have only made it to little sluice twice.
                          {o===o}
                          Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                          EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
                          Originally posted by CityHick
                          I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

You will be fine, i just hate hills with my shit being as tall as it is. The slabs are easier, I just perfer the other way...
                            WT 4x4
                            91' One Ton Bronco
                            1971 Bronco
                            9/11/01 Never Forget

Comment

I actually make better time going down Big Sluice then taking the slabs.
                              Mark Harris
                              71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

but i like my body straight. I dont have full width protection yet.
                                fawk it. I'll just play follow the leader.
                                {o===o}
                                Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                                EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
                                Originally posted by CityHick
                                I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Working...
                                X