X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rubicon 09 Aftermath

Originally posted by Sierra Backwoods View Post
    Great idear on the mid-week trip, Tony! Traffic does not sound like fun.
    Originally posted by FFMDX View Post
    NICE! Sounds like a great trip, I've gotta get out there soon, ANYWHERe would be nice as well..

Hey Mark, a little rough on the extinguisher huh??
    The 3 of us should do Slickrock or Deer Valley. They are in Backwoods' backyard. I am all for another trip before the weather makes it less fun.
    1970 Bronco
    My build thread

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy4zack View Post
      Darrins rig looks really nice and capable!! That sucks he was sold some bad stuff, hope it was just the wrong tubing.. End of the year run sounds good..

Here is Marc.. "BC" Before Carnage...

Aaron
      Ya thats Marc all right nice guy! I thought his Bronco was a little rough before. The box left a few bruises for sure. Time to buggy that thing Marc, it would better suit your driving style. Though the totally hammered look is cool to!

What are some ideas for a pre winter run? Darrin and I were thinking a Barrett Lake run if anybody is up for it. Mabey I should post it up.

Post some more pics guys, I can't get enough! My pics don't go past the slabs
      71'Bronco 5.8efi, ZF5, Atlas 5:1, ARB 44,CTM,s & Warns, Stage 8, 9" 4.88 detroit, disc, 31 spline Dutchmans, 1350 yoke, Duff arms WH coils, Deaver rear "Full ground up in the works"

05 Dodge CTD 4x4 6spd
      "everyone elses tow rig for the time being"

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
        Yeah, when they were behind me in the Old Big Sluice, they were doing Bacardi bongs!!! I honestly don't know how they were still standing, or walking, or driving, or breathing for that matter.
        "Beer Bong check" Making sure that makes it on the next pre trip checklist
        71'Bronco 5.8efi, ZF5, Atlas 5:1, ARB 44,CTM,s & Warns, Stage 8, 9" 4.88 detroit, disc, 31 spline Dutchmans, 1350 yoke, Duff arms WH coils, Deaver rear "Full ground up in the works"

05 Dodge CTD 4x4 6spd
        "everyone elses tow rig for the time being"

Comment

I didnt get many pics. Here are a couple
          Attached Files
          69 bronco, 72 bronco, 66 vert stang

Comment

Originally posted by earlybronco72 View Post
            If that is the group I heard about, it wasn't beer that was going through the funnel. It was hard alcohol.
            4 shots or more of bacardi and a tall boy....one of them had to have alcahol poisoning by the time they were either doing some hill climbing or falling out of the back of their rig at buck.

Very funny, yet sad at the same time.
            70 eb 60f 14b mild 302 435-klune 4-1-np205 and some dents

Comment

Looks like a great time. I hope to be able to make it next year.
              Glad to see everyone got home in one piece

FM<><
              72EB, one-ton fab project that will never end

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
              1 Cor 16:13-14

Comment

Originally posted by kman67 View Post
                I had a great time too, it was nice meeting every one. I got 2 flats, both on the sidewalls on Saturday. I was able to patch one up to get off the trail and borrowed another to drive home with good tires. Thanks again Ben. Now I have an excuse to get bigger tires.
                no problem Kyle I was glad to help
                sigpicWhen I get home im gonna punch yo momma in the mouth

Comment

DAMN! Impressive Marc!
                  WT 4x4
                  91' One Ton Bronco
                  1971 Bronco
                  9/11/01 Never Forget

Comment

Here are some pics of my little sis driving on Friday. She had tons of fun driving!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Patrick, little sis single?

Comment

Marc, You are a Savage!! You should have stayed out of the box! good show though, wish you could have gone on into Buck with me, the water was cold still, may not have done much Kayaking. I would love to take another run, But I did my own breaking. I was going to go to Rubiccon Springs Saturday, about 3 in the afternoon, with Patrick, and someone else(Jesse, was it you?) I went about 100 feet past the dam, and my right locking hub blew apart, and 3/4 of it landed on the ground. We did a trail weld job with some bar stock pieces(I'll put up pics later) and got part way out from buck before it broke, I ended up winching out about 5 times, bounced my fan into my Radiator, two little pinholes. We camped, and didn't get to the dam untill monday 10am. kinda Scary, but still fun. Nice to see some of the people I have met in the past, and some new people. I know a guy going to Barret lake 9/24-25, I was going to go, but now I am broken, Sigh. Too much other work to do to get the Jeep fixed in time, Ill be watching for another trip, Hopefully Randy(at BBY) will be ready this time.
                        Yes, It's a Jeep, Can't we all just get along?
                        35s,44s locked,102:1 blah, blah, blah. I'll upgrade whatever breaks next, something will, I am sure, hopefully it's something cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by PhantomEB View Post
                          Patrick, little sis single?
                          Seen that comming Saw Pic thought to myself Phantom will want to know if she is single LOL
                          Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                          After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

You guys couldnt handle a gal who could outwheel ya She's a sweetie though!
                            68 Slightly modified
                            67 LUBR once again
                            61 Willy Wagon

Comment

I had a great time wheeling and it was nice meeting everyone. I discovered that with a full tank of gas I can drive from Loon to the box to Ellis to Buck and back to Ellis again. A big thanks to the person (sorry, I can't remember names) who gave me a few gallons to get back out to Loon.I owe you. Unfortunately I can only add one picture to the pile of the trip. I did get a video of my brother going through/over a huge boulder. I'll see if I can get that posted.
                              Attached Files
                              67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
                              69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
                              69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
                              79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
                              67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

That sucks Frank that it didn't hold. What was the final failure? Was the guy in the buggy Shane? Wasn't sure on his name.

Well, I did some body work today. My tools of repair were a pair of channel locks, a pipe wrench, a two pound sledge, a tie down strap, a come along, my winch with a snatch block to my p/u, and my welder. I think it came out pretty well. I will try to get some pics tomorrow.

Anyone out there have a drivers side drum brake knuckle? I would like to just replace the one I have since the ball joints are now welded into it.
                                Marc D.
                                If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Working...
                                X