This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rubicon 09 Aftermath

Just got back and thought I'd post this up.
    I'll let Mark talk about his run thru the box. I can tell you my truck worked great. Until today (Sat). First day (Thurs). Ripped off one rear shock and broke a wing window. Second day, ripped off the other shock, broke the same fuel line 3 times, and had to relocate the rear fuel pump. Had to leave on Saturday to drop my brother off at the airport for a flight to Or. Rick drove his rig out with us. Made it all the way to the granite bowl and bang. Thought I'd back up onto a big boulder for a couple of pic's. I broke the Pass side front axle. Tore both shafts ears clean off. Also ripped out one side of my trans cross member. Nothing holding it in except the motor mounts. Used a 2 1/2 ton chain hoist to ratchet it back into place and wheeled the rest of the way out.
    I left Rick and Aaron at loon and left for home. 5 miles out I sheared all 5 lugs on the driver side rear axle. Rig fell onto the tire and I'm done. I pulled the lugs out of one of my wheel spacers but found that they were too small so I used some zip ties to shim them in, installed the brakes and tire and drove at 20 miles an hour the remaning 18-20 miles to hwy 50. At 50 I called AAA and got a tow truck ride home. What a week end. Had so much fun. Can't wait for next years run. Did I say we had 22 rigs in camp at Ellis on Friday night. Great turn out. Great wheeling, Great time........
    Attached Files
    1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Re: Rubicon 09 Aftermath

More pic's

Having a problem posting pic's.....
    Last edited by blwngsket; 09-12-2009, 09:15 PM.
    1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Glad you had a good time, no other problems?
      1971 BRONCO, 89 5.0 HO, NP435, D20, D44 CTM Superior Detroit , Currie big bearing housing 31 spline Detroit

Comment

Another try
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by daves View Post
          Glad you had a good time, no other problems?
          Other than having to use one of the nastiest out houses ever.

Comment

thats sick
            1971 BRONCO, 89 5.0 HO, NP435, D20, D44 CTM Superior Detroit , Currie big bearing housing 31 spline Detroit

Comment

Thanks for the pics. Sorry about all the carnage. Hope it was the stress relief you were lookin for. Can't wait to hear about Marcs flop.
              Vacaville, Ca
              67 EB - D44, BB 9" (4:56's), front discs, Wristed arm, 5.5" + 2" BL, 37" MTR's on Hellcats, 302/NP435/D20, Bilsteins, Mastercraft Rubicons w/4pt's

Comment

Yeah I want to hear about Marc and his adventures in the sluicebox!?

Comment

Great pic of Marc in the box! GO MARC!
                  WT 4x4
                  91' One Ton Bronco
                  1971 Bronco
                  9/11/01 Never Forget

Comment

Once again, Marc pushing the envelope!!!
                    72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
                    BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
                    RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

Great time! made it home w/o an un-intended trailer trip Left Loon about 5pm last night. Thought the pool might be a good idea to 'anti dust' myself, but the ring I left around the tub was eaisier to clean
                      68 Slightly modified
                      67 LUBR once again
                      61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by Broncrick View Post
                        Great time! made it home w/o an un-intended trailer trip Left Loon about 5pm last night. Thought the pool might be a good idea to 'anti dust' myself, but the ring I left around the tub was eaisier to clean
                        Any pics?

Comment

Trip was GREAT! My Thoughts,, Friday wheeling in was a parking lot.. Too Many Toyotas, My carburetor on Friday did not want to run right. I broke a rear diveline yoke and ujoint on the slabs trying to go up some "stairs".. "Thanks FRANKED" You saved my ass.. Trail was tore up this trip a bit harder than before. Got to camp on Friday 12 noonish.. Camp Was awesome!!!! Water in Ellis and a lot of room for all the Broncos!! 21-22 in all.. Good stuff. Saturday adjusted the Carburetor, aired up the tires a bit to gain ground clearance. As the others went up the trail for the day some came out. we came out with Tony and Rick. No traffic really on the way out just good wheeling, Good People.. Still coughing up dust.

Here is some..

Anybody have an extra Driveshaft?

GREAT TIME!!

Aaron
                          Last edited by Daddy4zack; 09-13-2009, 08:53 AM.
                          KK6DAD
                          70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Originally posted by PhantomEB View Post
                            Yeah I want to hear about Marc and his adventures in the sluicebox!?
                            MARC Looks Like he took a Can opener to his Rig.... TORE UP!!
                            KK6DAD
                            70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Last edited by Daddy4zack; 09-13-2009, 09:14 AM.
                              KK6DAD
                              70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Working...
                              X