This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rubicon 09 Aftermath

I am in for that as long as it is in June sometime... Usually my best time to get upo there!
    WT 4x4
    91' One Ton Bronco
    1971 Bronco
    9/11/01 Never Forget

Comment

Originally posted by cityhick View Post
      my only regret about the whole trip was not doing more wheeling than what i did... The traffic and my vapor locking problem were the two biggest inhibitors to me going in farther. I did not want to get in farther and have bigger problems or get stuck behind untold numbers of rigs trying to get out on sunday.

I really want to go back on a mid-week trip with a good group of rigs, i think we need to plan a 'con run midweek next summer - maybe a wed-thu-friday run so folks can hang out for the rest of that weekend if they desire.

I enjoyed hanging out with everybody in camp and had a good time doing the small amount of wheeling i did.
      x2!!
      KK6DAD
      70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

I think that was the best trip I have been on. It was nice meeting everyone and finally putting a face to the screen names. I was there from Thursday to Sunday and wheeled almost the whole time. Sitting around the "camp fire" was a good time also. There was a lot of people on the trail but not much traffic. Here are a few of the pictures I took. I will post some videos later.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Rockbronco67; 09-14-2009, 02:52 PM.

Comment

I had a great time too, it was nice meeting every one. I got 2 flats, both on the sidewalls on Saturday. I was able to patch one up to get off the trail and borrowed another to drive home with good tires. Thanks again Ben. Now I have an excuse to get bigger tires.
          Kyle
          Aptos
          1967 EB, 5.8, AOD, Stak 5.22, 37's, Dana44/9" w/ARBs 5.13s, 3.5" WH SL, 2" BL, 4wheel disc hydroboost, wristed.

Comment

Had a great time and met alot of nice fellow wheelers. Lost my powersteering,broke a hub and ruined a upper tracbar bushing (made for a fun ride home). Kyle thanks for the use of the hub and all who helped me fix it.
            sigpic70w/ 69/351w/GT40 lightning heads 435/203/D20 5.5/3in 44/arb 9in/detroit need some beadlocks

Comment

Originally posted by TRAILBOUND View Post
              Damn Army bull$h!t, now i really wish i could of made it.
              sonny still wants to get out there...maybe you guys can plan a run soon.

Comment

You guys that didn't go in any further really missed out because as Matt said, there really wasn't that much traffic on the trail. Every once in a while we had to pull over to let someone by, but not often enough to slow us down any.
                Attached Files

Comment

okay...here's a song for all you who dared the con last weekend...and better luck next time.

there's even a bronco in this video i found...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtYuKBfdLHo

Comment

We made it home late last night, but had a great trip. Lot's of good people in our group. I only had a few minor issues with the bronco. When I started into old sluice on Saturday I discovered my rear ARB seal had blown so no rear locker for the rest of the weekend and on the drive out my upper radiator hose slipped off the thermostat housing.
                    69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

Yay beer bongs!!!

Comment

Great idear on the mid-week trip, Tony! Traffic does not sound like fun.
                        70 rebuilt 302, Edelbrock Performer intake and carb, C4, 20 w/aftermarket gears & HD output, D44 w/Power-lock, disks, 4:88, 9 in Detroit, PS, PB, winch, lights, rock bumpers, full cage, 3 1/2" WH lift, 2" body lift, IROK 37's, 23 gal tank

"70" CJ-5 ('58 frame, '70 tub, '72 running gear, '80 motor) 350 sbc, 5 1/2 in lift, 35's, PS, PB, full cage, lockers, 5.38's re-gear spring over going in soon.

And a bunch of other crap, some of them run.....

Comment

Originally posted by PhantomEB View Post
                          Yay beer bongs!!!
                          If that is the group I heard about, it wasn't beer that was going through the funnel. It was hard alcohol.
                          Marc D.
                          If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Here are the pics I have. I didn't have a camera with me, so here are the aftermath pics.
                            Attached Files
                            Marc D.
                            If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

NICE! Sounds like a great trip, I've gotta get out there soon, ANYWHERe would be nice as well..

Hey Mark, a little rough on the extinguisher huh??
                              '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Comment

Originally posted by earlybronco72 View Post
                                If that is the group I heard about, it wasn't beer that was going through the funnel. It was hard alcohol.
                                Yeah, when they were behind me in the Old Big Sluice, they were doing Bacardi bongs!!! I honestly don't know how they were still standing, or walking, or driving, or breathing for that matter.

Comment

Working...
                                X