This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rubicon 09 Aftermath

What was that picture of Rick pulling Patrick???

Just Wondering... never heard anything about that....
    KK6DAD
    70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Marc, it doesn't look THAT bad, bad, but not Horrendous. I moved on after the welding, so I hadn't seen it after it came out.
      Yes, It's a Jeep, Can't we all just get along?
      35s,44s locked,102:1 blah, blah, blah. I'll upgrade whatever breaks next, something will, I am sure, hopefully it's something cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy4zack View Post
        What was that picture of Rick pulling Patrick???

Just Wondering... never heard anything about that....
        I was pulling Rick!

Comment

Here's a short video of Matt making it up Soup Bowl.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OsT0LLvulU

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
            I was pulling Rick!
            yep, thats it
            Great vids!!
            Last edited by Broncrick; 09-17-2009, 06:31 AM.
            68 Slightly modified
            67 LUBR once again
            61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by Broncrick View Post
              yep, thats it
              Great vids!!
              That's my story and I'm sticking to it! LOL!

Comment

Thanks for posting that Pat, now I have proof.

Comment

Here's some more pics. I even got a picture of the drunk guy asking for a inner D60 shaft, I think he should have been asking for a belt.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Rockbronco67 View Post
                    Thanks for posting that Pat, now I have proof.
                    Wow Matt. I have never seen anyone make it up that easy in anything but a buggy. Nice climb.
                    Marc D.
                    If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Originally posted by earlybronco72 View Post
                      Wow Matt. I have never seen anyone make it up that easy in anything but a buggy. Nice climb.
                      yeah i saw that.. damn makes it look easy.. I think the photoshopped the video..

Last year wasnt there a giant boulder at the left side base??
                      KK6DAD
                      70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Marc Made it up on friday, before he went into the Box and broke his stuff, but it took a couple minutes, I think Marc's rig is really capable, I saw him do a LOT of stuff that I avoided in Utah. If He had new tires I think he'd be unstoppable,..... well maybe not Little sluice.

BTW, someone said something before this trip about pulling jeeps with broncos, and yes, I had a driveshaft break at Carneige, and winched to Marc to get up, and I did some breaking this last weekend, but I never got pulled by a Bronco, I did winch to a Toyota when I was stuck on a ledge with only rear wheel drive, but I pulled a dead Bronco with my jeep, and I saw the same Bronco getting pulled by another jeep from Being Vapor-locked, on this very page. When I pulled him He got it started pretty quick after that. I love ALL these Rigs, Toys and Suzukis(less than the others) Jeeps, Broncos, Full sized, chevys and Scouts too. My step son has a scout, I have scout D44s on my jeep.
                        My point is I don't think it matters what you run, everyone has some bad luck sometimes, some people push beyond what their rig can handle, and some people still have things that need to be worked out(replaced, repaired, set up differently,made beefier, whatever, I am on that list). And we are all out there to have fun.
                        I had fun, Again, sadly I didn't get to hang out with most of you. But I had fun, I will be down for a month or more, with moving, and repairs, But I hope to see you all again after that, Frank
                        35s,44s locked,102:1 blah, blah, blah. I'll upgrade whatever breaks next, something will, I am sure, hopefully it's something cheap.

Comment

I even got a picture of the drunk guy asking for a inner D60 shaft, I think he should have been asking for a belt.
                          I keep having a guy I know telling me to get 60s, how do you break that? If they break too, what is there better? I have 44s, and they aren't breakin' yet.

Comment

Last year wasnt there a giant boulder at the left side base??
                            It's still there. Check the picture above of Bent70, he drove right over it.
                            Last edited by Rockbronco67; 09-17-2009, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockbronco67 View Post
                              It's still there. Check the picture above of Bent70, he drove right over it.
                              Yup Thats The one.. What a pain in the ass that obstacle is..
                              KK6DAD
                              70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

vid of the v notch alittle before old sluice were everyone goes around the big rock. Tried to recreate my last run through there, were I went high and rolled onto the pass. side, squeezed through and drive out of the flop....not this time.
                                70 eb 60f 14b mild 302 435-klune 4-1-np205 and some dents

Comment

Working...
                                X