Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The ***OFFICIAL***7th Annual "Broncos on the Con" June (26),27,28,29 2014

Originally posted by strokers View Post
    if you flipped it over you could probally go 2 to 3 times as fast.

That's exactly what I was going to say!

Comment

Originally posted by Broncrick View Post
      Delta, Ryan and I are going in about the same time, will prob see you!
      Yup. I should be at the dam around noon.
      {o===o}
      Originally posted by TBS-POPS
      EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
      Originally posted by CityHick
      I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

I did a round trip to Elk Grove from Livermore yesterday (Sunday). There were a ton of rigs on trailers headed south. More than I can ever remember seeing on I5 all in the same day. I get the feeling that the trail this weekend was out of control crowded... so hopefully it'll be nice and quiet for us heading in mid-week!
        1970 Bronco
        My build thread

Comment

The rubithon was this weekend and a couple other events.

Comment

Be prepared for thunderstorms, esp Wed Thu
            68 Slightly modified
            67 LUBR once again
            61 Willy Wagon

Comment

the wife and i are planning on attending this. this will be our first wheeling trip so we are complete newbs. we are just wondering how this works out. after reading all the posts seems to be that the meeting place on friday is going to be buck island and most are small groups going in from loon. so our first questions are
              we would like to go in with a group on friday anyone willing to take us in ? time location ?

we noticed no one runs a hard top with a 3+ hour drive to the trail would be nice to run hard top any issues with that or a bimini top much better option?

we are looking for any advice

Comment

the wife and i are planning on attending this. this will be our first wheeling trip so we are complete newbs. we are just wondering how this works out. after reading all the posts seems to be that the meeting place on friday is going to be buck island and most are small groups going in from loon. so our first questions are
                we would like to go in with a group on friday anyone willing to take us in ? time location ?

we noticed no one runs a hard top with a 3+ hour drive to the trail would be nice to run hard top any issues with that or a bimini top much better option?

we are looking for any advice
                It sounds like most people will be at loon around 10-11am on friday. We will get you to Buck. Hard top shouldn't be a problem
                Last edited by Rockbronco67; 06-23-2014, 12:11 PM.

Comment

I run a 'modified' hard top, no gate, no glass, no problems and I love the full shade!
                  68 Slightly modified
                  67 LUBR once again
                  61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Is anyone bringing some kids? I've got my godson coming with and he's 13.

Comment

Sigh, as usual I can't wait to see the pics. Be safe.
                      Vacaville, Ca
                      67 EB - D44, BB 9" (4:56's), front discs, Wristed arm, 5.5" + 2" BL, 37" MTR's on Hellcats, 302/NP435/D20, Bilsteins, Mastercraft Rubicons w/4pt's

Comment

IF i can get my stuff together, Im bringing my 7 year old.

Comment

Have fun guys. As usual I will be out of town during this trip. Take pics so I can enjoy them while I'm having fun in the humidity of Ohio.
                          Marc D.
                          If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

One more day of work!! Then I am heading in!! Se you all at Buck!

Comment

I took the whole week off, what the heck. As its been nearly two years since I've even looked at my camping gear and "oh shit kit", I've spent considerable time locating and organizing everything. I have a bunch of beer, some food, a lot of spare parts, tools, recovery gear and so forth, all packed and almost ready.

We're leaving Livermore between 8 and 9 wednesday morning if all goes as planned. Beat the valley heat, hopefully an early start and smooth trip through to Buck Island Lake. First "official" wheeling with EFI... excited at the prospect of not fighting my carb anymore

Anybody have an estimate of driving time from Loon Lake to Buck Island Lake? I don't drive fast; prefer to take it easy and enjoy the scenery.
                              Last edited by CityHick; 06-23-2014, 09:50 PM.
                              1970 Bronco
                              My build thread

Comment

I made it to buck taking it easy with no traffic in just over an hour. My taking it easy and yours may be a little different though. Have fun. I'm really jealous.
                                Marc D.
                                If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Working...
                                X