Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm good man! The way this whole "thing" has been rolled out has been absurd, however I've had several meetings with higher ups and I am well poised to come out of this ahead of where I am now. Not counting my chickens before they hatch, but my head is more calm now. I am planning to get my Bronco back together soon, get past all the frustrations I've had with my new braking setup... and put all this drama behind me. Felt the need to put a few thoughts out semi-anonymously.
    1970 Bronco
    My build thread

Comment

• I would be 100% be down with overnight trips in the Blue Lakes, Bodie, Mammoth areas. That is some of my favorite places. I plan on doing a LOT of camping and wheeling this summer. I'm not much into crawling anymore dirt road/overlanding stuff is what I am hoping to do a lot of this spring thru fall.
      1973 Bronco Ranger - 302, C4, Dana 20, Dana 44 front, 9 inch rear, 3.55 gears, 35" MTR's on Allied Beadlocks, 3.5" Wild Horses lift

Comment

• Originally posted by GloNDark2 View Post
        I would be 100% be down with overnight trips in the Blue Lakes, Bodie, Mammoth areas. That is some of my favorite places. I plan on doing a LOT of camping and wheeling this summer. I'm not much into crawling anymore dirt road/overlanding stuff is what I am hoping to do a lot of this spring thru fall.
        I've not been up to Blue Lakes in quite a while, that sounds like a nice idea. Perhaps a run into Deer Valley as well. Let's keep this in mind and try to get a group together when the snow melts and the weather warms up.

As for my personal/work stuff if anybody is interested... my employer decided to blow up my department, moving the mission to a low-cost labor market. They did not call this a layoff, and the intent seems to genuinely be that everybody affected gets a new role. I've long felt that successful people do not wait for things to happen to them, but rather they go out and happen to things. So I took this bull by the horns and found something interesting to me - long story short, I was given 6 months to find a new opportunity. I accomplished that goal in two weeks. I verbally accepted my new position today and should have it in writing come Monday or so. I am breathing a little easier now. If nothing else it is a bridge to my stock option maturity date. Along the way I am going to use this as an opportunity to broaden my technical reach, and make new connections for future opportunities.

1970 Bronco
        My build thread

Comment

• It's been about 11 years since the doors have been on the bronco.
          {o===o}
          Originally posted by TBS-POPS
          EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
          Originally posted by CityHick
          I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

• Good morning, er, evening fellas.

I've been working mostly from home since the pandemic; even promoted to a new position remotely. All good things must end; I'm now on a mandatory "hybrid" schedule with 3 days (of my choice) in the office, per week. I dreaded this day, but as they say, management has it's privileges. There's no denying that driving in the South Bay sucks, but I am now able to basically define my commute times. I tend to go in pretty early to beat the traffic, and most days I bail out around noon and jam home to finish my day.

I have a pretty sweet office with a big window and a nice view, and I'll say it's actually pretty nice being in the office again. Maybe I'll burn out on this, but for now I think it's actually a boost to my mental state. I'll plan to drive the bronco in once in a while like I used to do, on nice days, just for the hell of it.

I am however taking delivery of a new commute ride soon - one that accelerates like a violated chimpanzee, and that I can charge for free in the parking lot there... photos to come
            Last edited by CityHick; 12-07-2023, 07:50 PM.
            1970 Bronco
            My build thread

Comment

• It’s a great morning. 2” of snow everywhere except the roads and sidewalks.

it’s a scheduled day off at the plant but I signed up to be on call so it’s a day of errands and a little shopping. Plan to get some more Christmas decorations up and out in addition to garage time.

Comment

• Picked up a Tesla Model 3 Performance the other day. Aside from the complete lack of vroom vroom sounds, it is a hot rod. 0-60 in 3.1 secs, 11-12 seconds through the 1/4 mile.
                After a couple of days of moving things around in the garage, I've gotten to where I can park the Tesla in the garage next to the Bronco. I don't know that I'll always park it inside, but its nice to keep a car clean inside...

Now I need to get the garage charging situation figured out (though much of my charging will happen at work).

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20231210_215248029.MP.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	543.2 KB
ID:	319967 Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20231209_001744878.MP.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	789.5 KB
ID:	319968
                Attached Files
                1970 Bronco
                My build thread

Comment

• Originally posted by CityHick View Post
                  Picked up a Tesla Model 3 Performance the other day. Aside from the complete lack of vroom vroom sounds, it is a hot rod. 0-60 in 3.1 secs, 11-12 seconds through the 1/4 mile.
                  After a couple of days of moving things around in the garage, I've gotten to where I can park the Tesla in the garage next to the Bronco. I don't know that I'll always park it inside, but its nice to keep a car clean inside...

Now I need to get the garage charging situation figured out (though much of my charging will happen at work).

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20231210_215248029.MP.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	543.2 KB
ID:	319967 Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20231209_001744878.MP.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	789.5 KB
ID:	319968
                  Very nice!

Comment

Working...