Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well all this shit sure has slowed down the bigger projects but I still on the nickel and dime stuff around the house.

more focused on some plans that will kill some monthly bills off or downsize them.

anyways time to hit some dirt this weekend for once. Click image for larger version

Name:	1902C844-3C5C-4EF0-9866-2E3436FC4CBF.jpeg
Views:	111
Size:	928.1 KB
ID:	315244

Truck sure needs airbags for the intended use of hauling that quad of mine, especially when I tack a RV trailer onto the back of it. 31s on polished aluminium rims sure will help in the looks dept too.

Comment

• Up early. Running out of projects I can do on couple hundy a week. So was up early and cleared out this room in the basement. How hard can mud and tape be! Gonna pick up a pancake compressor and sanding paper for my long board.
      Attached Files

Comment

• wow looks like you are killing it in the getting things done dept! things are going slow over here.... i have 12 more windows to install and 3 sliders per the wife's request.
        also doing a frame off on the ole bronco hoping to wrap that up sooner then later. hope all is well for every one!

Comment

• only doing what I can justify spending on. Probably put 250 more screws into the one room, still got ceiling to do.

got a quote of 500 to mud and tape the crafts room.....which the little lady has Said she may pay for!

hope some job prospects open up soon so I can really kill some projects here. Yard is half done as far as Artificial turf but the little lady is loving her potting bench. And I redid my ramps for the quad. These ramps stay permanent in the truck as I sure made them versatile all around.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by PhantomEB; 06-08-2020, 05:12 AM.

Comment

• Should be sore tomorrow. 40 miles of hardcore trails with just me and my brother on our Quads. Made it to to one range short of a National Park where motorized off highway vehicles is not allowed. Next time, we shall push the boundary.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Great picture.
              Aches and pains are okay when you had fun making them...
              Went and looked at a Bronco an hours drive from the house for $10K, body was hacked up and it was a candidate for a replacement body. I started doing the math in my head (and called Cage Dave), I just could not see putting that kind of money into a project right now. It was not the work to save it, but all the things missing... they nickle and dime you to death...

I have the yard squared away, fresh paint inside and out on the house, fresh garbage disposal for the 18 y/o one that seized up, and I have learned to just chill and do some reading on occasion.
              Last edited by 904Bronco; 06-11-2020, 06:26 AM.
              2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
              1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
              2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	9D5C964D-7311-4559-96BA-93316E8636CF.jpeg
Views:	85
Size:	471.0 KB
ID:	315963
                Engine crane modified for extended reach, now just to wait on my replacement rear floor so I can get back on patching that up and welding in my extended wheelbase wheelwells. Life is good with a 40 hr a week job that has me home on the weekends!

Comment

• Since this is a thread about nothing in particular...
                  When I first got my Bronco, I was maybe just a few months into owning it, I killed the air compressor that I had. A non-serviceable 110v HF cheapo direct-drive unit. I got a replacement, used 4hp, 220v speedaire unit which moves more air than any of my tools require. It's only downfall is it's smallish tank. Anyway... that compressor lead me to buy a bunch more air tools over the years. It served me very well.

Fast forward: The speedaire compressor motor recently developed a problem - the motor won't start - it'll just buzz and pop it's internal breaker. I went on a wild goose chase for finding a shop to repair the motor, and I looked into buying a replacement motor because I really like this compressor. Meanwhile my dad found a very similar Blue Point 220v, 5hp compressor for not a lot of money. I have it now and I still have the dead speedaire, which I am debating what to do with.

So now... with my operational garage air compressor, the other day I go to use my air impact wrench. It doesn't work like it once did. Starts out full speed and then slows down to very slow with no power. Not very useful. The "experts" on the internet say I should take it apart and clean it. Maybe I've been over-oiling it or something. I will cross that bridge when I get there.

In the mean time I picked up a Milwaukee M18 Fuel cordless electric impact wrench. It comes today and I am perhaps more excited about it than any other recent tool purchase. Which makes me now wonder, if it is as good as its rumored to be, why do I even need such a powerful air compressor? lol

Anyway - random ramblings for your Thursday.

Hoping to get the new transmission installed into the Bronco soon, so pray to the tool gods that I don't have any more tool failures, please!
                  1970 Bronco
                  My build thread

Comment

• I also have a 5 hp 2 stage compressor, it’s such a monster I never want to get rid of it. I love the conversation piece as well the air manifold system I got here.

also been dabbling in cordless tools more than I thought I would.

Comment

• The new electric impact wrench doesn't disappoint. So much power.
                      1970 Bronco
                      My build thread

Comment

• Originally posted by CityHick View Post
                        The new electric impact wrench doesn't disappoint. So much power.
                        So I have a 5hp 60 gal upright Sanborn compressor that I bought back in 84, it has not disappointed me. However after a tire change on my F250, on the side of the road on I-80, on the way to Reno, I decided it was worth the expence to have a Batt powered impact. It does not disapoint, and surprisingly, I rarely pull out my CP 1/2" air impact gun at home anymore. A couple of years ago I updated my batt tools to 18v Milwaukees so I can swap batteries. I rarely pull out the cord powered tools now. And I recently added a Milwaukee leaf blower with the biggest battery they sell, I can do the whole yard on it. Still have the 16 y/o Stihl 2-stroke blower for big jobs, but I use that less too.

Adding to the more about nothing Thread...
                        2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
                        1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
                        2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

• I am building a pretty large collection of Milwaukee M18 tools - I have the leaf blower and the weed whacker, along with several other tools, and even an LED lantern. I almost get annoyed when I have to plug in a tool anymore. I have had my M18 drill for at least ten years. I have a few M12 tools as well, and even those are pretty nice. I am just about sold on the M18 miter saw; my corded miter saw is showing its age - a garage sale special from 15+ years ago...
                          1970 Bronco
                          My build thread

Comment

• This is a must have.
                            I call it my automatic assault ratchet.

It's probably going to get banned in CA soon.
                            {o===o}
                            Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                            EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
                            Originally posted by CityHick
                            I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

• As long as you register it as an assault ratchet and pay the government their fees, you'll be ok.

Comment

• Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 View Post
                                This is a must have.
                                I call it my automatic assault ratchet.

It's probably going to get banned in CA soon.
                                That is the most used tool I have. Bought to work on my engine on the super duty. So much easier in tight spots.
                                67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
                                69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
                                69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
                                79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
                                67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

Working...
                                X