This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Good Morning

Waiting on final word that a non union LOCAL millwright company will take me on so I can focus on home life, Reno’s and my bronco once again. First things first will be kill off the bills from building my garage!f

*edit*. GOT IT! 4 months of 6 days a week, ten hour days 15 min from home.

Can’t wait to go back to annual payments of taxes, insurance and pay forward on cell phone. Will be majorly focused on all outside Reno’s or tools to do such and paying off the garage so I can get an OBS F350!
    Last edited by PhantomEB; 04-27-2018, 06:48 PM.

Comment

The groups that I go wheeling with, I have group texts with and that has killed one site (WT4x4.com) and my main site (UC4X4.com) is fighting to stay alive. Pirate is still pretty active but stale and fullsizebronco.com is still active but I sold my last 2 FSB's last year with no plans to replace them. Makes it hard to relate. Classicbroncos.com is still going pretty good but i have only had 15 post since 2011 .

We tried starting a facebook page for the UC4X4 group as everyone is on that all day but it failed harder than the site.

I still check this site 4-5 times a day out of boredom and hope.
      Idle hands equates to wild horses getting my money

Comment

I drove my 73 to work today. My son and I are going to Mud in yer eye this weekend and I hadn't driven it since Rubicon last year. It fired up no problem. I need to check all the fluids and pack it up. Heading down early Saturday for one night. Our CAD manager came by asking who owned the old Bronco parked outside. I said it was mine and he thought it was awesome.
        Last edited by gddyap; 04-26-2018, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gddyap View Post
          I drove my 73 to work today. My son and I are going to Mud in yer eye this weekend and I hadn't driven it since Rubicon last year. It fired up no problem. I need to check all the fluids and pack it up. Heading down early Saturday for one night. Our CAD manager came by asking who owned the old Bronco parked outside. I said it was mine and he thought it was awesome.
          I finally got around to finishing my windshield. Nothing like driving it through town to make you feel young again.

Comment

Heading off to Thunder Hill raceway in Willows for the weekend. Norcal Shelby club is having an open track event there...
            2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
            1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
            2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

I might actually find some time to work on my Bronco again this weekend.
              My Bronco has really slipped to the low end of my list of priorities in the last year or two. It feels good to work on it again but at the same time I really just want to drive it and not think much about it. I am pretty content to drive it around town and on the occasional weekend cars and coffee event.

I picked up a windshield washer reservoir and mounted it a few weeks ago. Need to run the wire up to the dash switch and run the tubing to the washer nozzles on the hood. I also have my Aero side tank sitting and waiting for me on the workbench. Mounting it is going to require some re-engineering of my drivers side seat mounts if I ever think I will want to remove it again without dropping the tank (which is why I have not yet started down that path).

My explorer front dress project... I don't know when I will ever get to that. It will be a nice upgrade for me, but it is also requiring that I buy more parts and get deeper in than I actually wanted to go.

Work and personal (non-bronco) stuff continues dominate most of my time.
              1970 Bronco
              My build thread

Comment

Most of my upgrades require an "aging" process where they have to sit on shelf for at least 2 years. Sounds like I'm not alone.
                Idle hands equates to wild horses getting my money

Comment

Holy fk I may finally be rid of those white soft doors I want out of my garage!

Hope shipping from Calgary to Alabama isn’t gonna kill this deal. I could use the extra cash for Vegas this week and that space for my future 30t hydraulic press!

Hellbent to make my garage more of a workshop that I can tackle things more.

Comment

Originally posted by PhantomEB View Post
                    Holy fk I may finally be rid of those white soft doors I want out of my garage!

Hope shipping from Calgary to Alabama isn’t gonna kill this deal. I could use the extra cash for Vegas this week and that space for my future 30t hydraulic press!

Hellbent to make my garage more of a workshop that I can tackle things more.
                    Remember what the comedian Kevin Hart says... What happens in Vegas, doesn't stay in Vegas! Have Fun!

Comment

Oh don’t I know it. 4th time for me 2nd for the better half. She loved it last year and was bouncing off the walls when I fold her book some tickets To come down sat as I only in class half a day Sunday.

Well Doors are sold, now when I can afford it I can buy that 30t press I want.

Comment

Morning All,

Chrystal clear morning and 30* outside... A great day to pressure wash the JV backstop at the son's HS in preparation for paint this week if the weather holds?
                        Followed by a scrimmage Varsity BB game at Twin creeks and a sucky drive home in commuter traffic. At least I have been promised dinner out tonight

Comment

Good morning all.

Looks like my back ain’t all tweaked out from shovelling all the snow that dumped.

Now to wait on job offers to come in so I can start back on the bronco. I can’t clean up any more!

Comment

Morning my fellow Broncians.

Well today we taking the "Old man" himself out to lunch, Wayne Hanson, the man of Bumper fame. A group of us local Bronco owners going down to Salinas to shoot the chit, kick tires, and BS.

The whole will be lost, but a great way to spend it!
                            Last edited by 904Bronco; 02-22-2019, 06:15 AM.

Comment

Good news!

Headed back up north to the Oilsand plants on Friday March 1st. Hopin and don’t care if I don’t come back down until the Easter break from what I see of the latest revision of a Company outage calendar.

Pay off these last 4 month of barely any work.

Get set up for next time I off like this. Should be ordering a bunch o’ parts weekly for the truck.

Comment

• Sweet, laid off yesterday and looks like no job prospects until the new year. Time to wrap up loose ends and get back on my bronco!

Comment

Working...
                                X