This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Good Morning

New fuel pump installed in Excursion. Back on the road again. It quit on the way back from disneyland. Family stranded but friends came to help. Got to use the 10k lb. car trailer i built a few year back. That saved me a lot of money. Let me say that taking out a 40 gallon tank with nearly 15 gallons of gas with full skid plate attached was some heavy business. But it's done and running again. Buddies made me take a picture of the Ex loaded being pulled by a chevy. Demoralizing.

Comment

The only vehicles that have ever stranded me anywhere have been Fords.

My numerous Chevys have always been super dependable and have always gotten me home... even when my truck's transmission failed it was able to limp home.

The Ford curse began in my childhood and has continued up to and including Bronco ownership. When my Bronco EFI fuel pump quit a couple of years ago, my dad came to get me with his F150 and a trailer... and his F150 fuel pump failed that day too. I often question my love affair with certain Fords.
      1970 Bronco
      My build thread

Comment

Originally posted by CityHick View Post
        The only vehicles that have ever stranded me anywhere have been Fords.

My numerous Chevys have always been super dependable and have always gotten me home... even when my truck's transmission failed it was able to limp home.

The Ford curse began in my childhood and has continued up to and including Bronco ownership. When my Bronco EFI fuel pump quit a couple of years ago, my dad came to get me with his F150 and a trailer... and his F150 fuel pump failed that day too. I often question my love affair with certain Fords.
        HA, evidence through experience.
        In Ford's defense, they used a Bosch pump, which I've always heard that brand being making high quality parts.

It is a 15 year old vehicle.

Comment

My 1990 F150 with 6000 miles had the fuel pump take a sh*t after my buddy borrowed it to move to Hollister. He had just loaded it with most of his stuff.

Towed to the Dealership to install a new pump under warranty. In the process they managed to pinch the plastic return line. Driving to work the check engine line came on and the rig ran like a turd. Dealership could not release the rig to me because it was a safety hazard. 3 weeks later... after the 3rd replacement fuel line was air freighted over night from Michigan... I got my truck back. (1st two new ones arrived damaged)
          That started a wonderful trip of warranty replacement for various parts and seals... But the EFI 300 I6 never died... I sold it when the extended warranty expired and bought a Toyota T100. Which was a great truck, even if the head gaskets on the 3.4L V6 failed at 22,000 miles................. Under warranty.
          Last edited by 904Bronco; 02-03-2015, 04:33 PM.
          2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
          1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
          2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

So how does this make It a ford issue... I understand it as a technicians fk up.

Comment

Originally posted by PhantomEB View Post
              So how does this make It a ford issue... I understand it as a technicians fk up.
              The story was shortened... Water pump and heater core failing a week appart... Every seal in Tranny and T-case being replaced at one time. The fuel pump being the start of things to come...

The Toyota had it's own issues too, all were fixed under warranty, still an inconvenience.

Now my 2002 7.3 Superduty truck... 163K and only a cam sensor that went bad and I changed that myself....
              2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
              1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
              2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Back up to the Oilsands I go, for work. Gonna be fun this time, dead of winter and I hear -28 at night.... Guess who's workin nightshift? I sure hope it's a heated pump shack with overhead crane!

Comment

Like they say when someone leaves you, there's someone else better to take her spot.

Finished a 5 day run of work up north now to run 8 hrs back to my house for 3 days, get cleaned up for a date with a really cool chick. Some odds and ends on the truck and maybe her car so she's mobile again. Then 8 hrs back up north for another 4+ day run of work!

All this effort has to be worth something in the near future!

Comment

Maybe the house is your someone better.
                    Originally posted by PhantomEB View Post
                    Like they say when someone leaves you, there's someone else better to take her spot.

Finished a 5 day run of work up north now to run 8 hrs back to my house for 3 days, get cleaned up for a date with a really cool chick. Some odds and ends on the truck and maybe her car so she's mobile again. Then 8 hrs back up north for another 4+ day run of work!

All this effort has to be worth something in the near future!
                    Marc D.
                    If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Oh I said to a friend everything has a price....everything but the house and the dog. House is awesome, can't wait to start the renos!

Comment

First project will be throw up a few walls in the basement for a third bedroom before my buddy comes to do some electrical work for me, ie motion detection switches in pantry, and stairwell.

Comment

Looks like I gonna end up with a good run of 12s on this night shift rotation. So tired but it be worth it when I start pickin up girls for dates in a jacked up '12 on 35s with a shit load of goodies. Don't really need a commuter car with work 8 hrs away and I don't tow heavy much anymore to need the diesel.

So I much rather a nice truck to daily drive!
                          Last edited by PhantomEB; 02-18-2015, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Are you living in a trailer up there, or a hotel? Have fun on your run.
                            Marc D.
                            If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Full out camp, dry camp but better than most. All it is up here is all inbound $$ and no day to day outbound $$. Unless you in town spending, gambling, drinking or shopping other than bills back home. Hell my fridge still is empty and it's the only thing drawing power other than the furnace!

Comment

Thank you IRS and FTB... Finally got my Atlas Transfercase!!! No more leaking NP 205.
                                Attached Files
                                SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Working...
                                X