X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FFMDX's SLOW Build

Hey Guys,

Sorry for all the pix....

I felt like posting some pix of the "progress" that's been happening around here. Waaay back, Delta built me a B&tchin 347 Stroker out of an '88 Lincoln 5.0. (In the Tech section) Originally I was just goin to run my Holly TA while I collected parts for an EFI upgrade, well you know how that goes. With my Daughter being new-born and me studying for a promo. exam, I figured the rig and motor weren't going to go anywhere fast, so I started the EFI conversion. With my motor out I wanted to get all "the little things" done that were bugging me since I did my 1st upgrade (PWR Brakes) about 6 years ago.

My to do list is still as long as my arm, but I HAVE completed my upgraded fuel system/line, brake lines, POR-15 the frame and firewall, new firewall insulation, moved/modified my wiring harness, line locks, Mojave Heater, computer mounted up high, mod radiator mounts and 1/2 way through re-mounting my rear shocks......

I figure that I'll be dropping my motor in (FINALLY) with in the next week or two.Then all I have to do to get it on the road is to modify my radiator , run the last of my fuel lines as well as my cooling/heater lines, Exhaust, Bleed the brakes and PS system and HOPEFULLY drive away~!!!!!

Sean
    Attached Files
    '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Sean, nice progress!!! Did you run those long tube headders before with the duff arms!!! I know that mine will get squished if I stuff real good. Thats why I went to 5.5 to give the headders some more clearance for a while. POPS
    72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
    BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
    RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

NICE Mac Daddy!
      2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
      1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
      2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Looking good Sean!
        If you get serious about dropping the motor in, in the next week or so give me a holler. I'll be off work for 10 days starting Friday and I'd be glad to lend a hand. I am hoping I can get my act together in the next couple days, build my temp. spray booth and shoot more color this weekend/early next week.... Otherwise I'll be free.

-Tony
        1970 Bronco
        My build thread

Comment

Originally posted by TBS-POPS View Post
          Sean, nice progress!!! Did you run those long tube headders before with the duff arms!!! I know that mine will get squished if I stuff real good. Thats why I went to 5.5 to give the headders some more clearance for a while. POPS
          I havn't run them and was wondering the same thing. I've got a 4.5" susp ans 3" BL. My biggest dilemma is whether or not to try 'em out or goes with what I know works...shorties.

If anyone has some input on this, I'd love to hear it. I've got the JD long arms and a HP 44 to boot....

They may be on the market for what I got them for $320.

TONY: I'll def let you know, thanks for the offers!

Sean
          '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Comment

That is a sweet looking motor you've got there! Great work on the rest of the stuff too. Keep the pics coming.

Comment

Originally posted by FFMDX View Post
              Waaay back, Delta built me a B&tchin 347 Stroker out of an '88 Lincoln 5.0.
              Has it been that long since we have seen the MacDonalds?? I guess it has.

Progress looks awesome.

I never did run the Duff arms, but I did run long tubes with my own radius arms that are close to the same blue print as the Duffs. I never hit but I am pretty tall. I remember the flange being inside the arm's area of up and down travel. If you do have to use one of the other, I would hope when you said you would sell "them" for what you had into them you referring to the headers not the Duff arms. I would definitely rather have the arms than the long tubes...

Again, all looks awesome.
              “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Sean I have the same headers but run Cage arms, no probs here, AND welcome back!
                Rick-
                68 Slightly modified
                67 LUBR once again
                61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Yeah, LONG time Carl AND Patrick! I may be off-loading the headers, they are the Hedman Elite Long tubes coated by Jet-Hot.

Oh Yeah here is about 90% of my distraction
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by FFMDX View Post
                    Oh Yeah here is about 90% of my distraction
                    I can understand your distraction. My 16 month old takes up all of my time too.

Comment

My, My, she is getting big Sean!
                      2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
                      1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
                      2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Yup! Mommy's 'tude too

BTW In order to prime my motor, does the pump need to spin clock-wise or counter CW? Should I do it before intalling it?
                        Last edited by FFMDX; 05-14-2008, 08:28 PM.

Comment

CCW, Do it right before you fire the motor for the first time... She's gett'n BIG Sean,,, What a cutie!!!!
                          72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
                          BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
                          RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

Oh, well, I just primed it yesterday....guess I'll do again before firing it up!

Comment

Progress!!!

Some updates here....Tues my Father came over and helped me drop my motor in! WOOO HOOO Thanks to TN1776 as well! There's nothing like the feeling of lining up the bell housing and then realizing that you forgot to install the inspection plate! So after that little SNAFU, everything else went fairly smooth, even the tranny splines lined up on the first go!!!

I had to grind about a 1/4" off of the block for the WH clutch adaptor though. Ryan's harness is just about completed, but I am running into some minor clearance issues with the upper. Here are some pics of the progress...........Oh yeah, If anyone is interested I NEED to sell my headers ASAP!!!! They are over in the "Stuff" thread.

Sean

PS: Questions to follow
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by FFMDX; 05-23-2008, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X