Project Crawlin68

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Crawlin68

Well....I rolled her out of the garage for the first time today. I feel like a proud daddy! I started this project back in November and I finally have the chassis ready for the body.

Here are the stats:

5.0 EFI
    NP435 to NP203/205 doubler
    Full Width Heavy Duty 3/4 ton HP D44, 30 spline 4340 Moser axles w/ Super Yukon u-joints, Warn hubs
    Full Width FF D60, 35 spline Yukon axles
    5:13 R & P
    ARB's front & rear
    Stone Crusher Steering on top of High Steer arms
    Saginaw pump to F-150 4x4x2 steering box
    Four wheel disc brakes w/Hydroboost
    5.5 Wild Horse Rock Crawler Spings and 5.5 11 leaf pack
    CAGE extended Radius Arms
    BC 24 gal rear tank w/skid plate
    Rear axle is stretched back 4 inches
    38.5 x 15 Swampers on 15 inch black steel rims
    and a lot of custom fab work on the t-case crossmembers and rear frame crossmember, lower trac bar mount
    Attached Files
    Last edited by crawlin68; 11-02-2005, 10:42 AM.

looks sweet...I wish mine was that clean.
    70 eb 60f 14b mild 302 435-klune 4-1-np205 and some dents

Comment

OOHHH Myyyy.... Thats beautiful!! Can't wait to see the rest..
      KK6DAD
      70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

“I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

I haven't driven mine in 3 months. Sometimes whem I 'm wrenching I wonder if it's worth it. This is clearly NOT the case here. You are going to have a sweet rig.
          Is your right rear shackle almost maxed out on droop?

Comment

His rear springs still need to settle and along with the added weight of the body, the shackles should end up almost vertical...
            “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Originally posted by Mike
              I haven't driven mine in 3 months. Sometimes whem I 'm wrenching I wonder if it's worth it. This is clearly NOT the case here. You are going to have a sweet rig.
              Is your right rear shackle almost maxed out on droop?
              Believe me......there has been plenty of nights where I have gone out into the garage and just stood there staring at the mess that I've made and thought, holy sh@t! What did I get myself into here.

Like Delta said, the new rear leaf springs are just very stiff when they are new. They will settle down once I get the body on it and start flexing the springs out. Thanks.

Comment

Well I brought the body home (from storage) so I could start on the body work. I haven't looked at the body sense I bought the EB back in November of last year. It has a lot more rust than I remember. This is what my cowl looked like after I dug all of the roofing tar out from the PO.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by crawlin68; 06-23-2005, 09:29 AM.

Comment

So I got to work yesterday cutting out the windshield support and cowl. Here it is all cut out.
                  Attached Files

Comment

And here is the new windshield support welded in.
                    Attached Files

Comment

And here is the new drivers side cowl welded in place. (that is a lot of holes to drill) I'll put the passenger side cowl in tonight and then post some more pics.
                      Attached Files

Comment

that was some serious rust replacement. How's the rest of the body?

Comment

Originally posted by Delta 4 Wheel
                          that was some serious rust replacement. How's the rest of the body?
                          Believe it or not, the rest of the body isn't really that bad. The truck sat for 10 years and by the looks of it, it was getting water under the hood (though the hood vents I would guess) and then the water just sat there.

The floor pans of course need to be replaced and some areas on the inner fender wells in the engine compartment are rusted through. These I will just cut out the bad spots and replace with home made patch panels made out of 18 ga. steel.

Comment

I've got to say two things. Man new steel is pretty, and good job.
                            Marc D.
                            If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

As soon as I get the time...my eb will be torn down...and rebuilt...

Comment

Working...
                              X