Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by highlander View Post
    Your not done yet, what's takings so long
    You mentioned earlier you thought about shaving the housing, will you get any benefit out of that with the portals? It seems like with the housing sitting 6" higher and the third installed upside down that the bottom of the housing will be almost parallel with the ground to get the pinion angle right. If so there really isn't anything to shave.
    Also you haven't mentioned it yet, but are you planning to make/buy box braces for the portals?
    Ha Ha. You're a funny guy. Yes, the bottom of the housing will be pretty darn flat. That's why I was considering not shaving it. I would only gain MAYBE 1/2 inch at the most so I probably won't do it. The portal box braces are on the Brown truck as we speak!

Comment

I looked through my scraps, I have ~2' of 2x6-1/8" and a little over 1' of 3x6-3/16". Plus I should have an extra 8' or so of 2x6-1/4"
      I might take you up on some of that 2 x 6 x 1/4 after all. The little devil on my shoulder (Mr. Overkill) says that I might as well match the 1/4 wall of the axle tubing with a 1/4 wall truss. How much do you want for about 36" piece?

Comment

• Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
        I might take you up on some of that 2 x 6 x 1/4 after all. The little devil on my shoulder (Mr. Overkill) says that I might as well match the 1/4 wall of the axle tubing with a 1/4 wall truss. How much do you want for about 36" piece?
        I think I paid $9 a foot for it. Does that sound fair?
        69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

I think I paid $9 a foot for it. Does that sound fair?
          I haven't priced it new at the yards, but yeah that's fine. Are you going to be in town in the near future?

Comment

• Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
            I haven't priced it new at the yards, but yeah that's fine. Are you going to be in town in the near future?
            I think I will be down Monday, I should know for sure later today. I'll let you know if something changes
            69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

I think I will be down Monday, I should know for sure later today. I'll let you know if something changes
              Sounds good. I should be home Monday.

Comment

• COMMON MR. MOM!!! Haul Austons butt down to the scrap yard or pick and pull and get fabbin!!!! Get that boys hands DIRTY!!!!Quit watchin cartoons!!!
                Last edited by TBS-POPS; 12-02-2007, 06:52 AM.
                72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
                BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
                RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

• Heeeey, I like Bob the Builder! LOL!

Comment

• I saw these and thought of your build. http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=582974

Comment

• Originally posted by RADDONKEY View Post
                      I saw these and thought of your build. http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=582974
                      Yeah, I saw those a while back. He's been trying to sell them for a while. Too much $$$ for me though.

Comment

• Originally posted by TBS-POPS View Post
                        COMMON MR. MOM!!! Haul Austons butt down to the scrap yard or pick and pull and get fabbin!!!! Get that boys hands DIRTY!!!!Quit watchin cartoons!!!
                        In the interest of keeping Mr. POPS happy, I got to work today. The surgery has begun. I go the D60 out and cut off the leaf spring hangers and the old crossmember for my anti wrap bar. Here are some pics for your viewing pleasure.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Hey!!!! I Still See Mud!!!! Wtf????
                          72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
                          BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
                          RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by TBS-POPS View Post
                            Hey!!!! I Still See Mud!!!! Wtf????
                            No SH$T!!! That Yelton mud just refuses to come off. I've pressure washed it 3 friggen times now! You should see the interior. Still covered in Yelton mud.

Comment

• LOOKS GOOD, hey dont forget your sunglasses are on the rear bumper.
                              Last edited by RADDONKEY; 12-03-2007, 08:23 PM.

Comment

• WOO HOO! Been waitin to see this.
                                1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Working...
                                X