Project Crawlin68

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• progress

Beautifull job! Ill be glad when I get my body back on the frame!
    Are you going to pull those pistols or whistle dixie?

Comment

• It's ALIIIIIVE!!! I feel like Dr Frankenstine. My creation has come to life. Just running straight headers right now so it's it kind of hard to hear the engine. Now I can get started cleaning up the rats nest of wiring.

CLICK ME

Comment

• Congrats Patrick! There nothing wrong with the soft "purrrrr" of straight headers!

Sean
        '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Comment

• DUDE! What a great Christmas gift!!

You are making great progress...a spring trip is just around the corner
          “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

• Yeah, I can't wait for the first trip in it. Hell, I can't wait for the day that I take it for it's first drive down the street.

Comment

• I got off work early today and decided that I would start building my exhaust. 2 into 1. 2.5 all the way out. I've never built an exhaust system so don't laugh too hard. Here's what I have done so far.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Looks great to me. I'm thinking of doing the same exhaust. I just need to find a quiet freeflowing muffler, and buy the tubing. I hope mine comes out as pretty as yours, but no matter what I do, it will be an improvement over the junk that is under mine right now.
                Marc D.
                If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

• Nice job, Patrick. I like the way you have it tucked right up next to the case looks very clean. I imagine there are plans for a t-case skid plate? Your rig appears to have a flat belly plan, was that hard to achieve?
                  72EB, one-ton fab project that will never end

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
                  1 Cor 16:13-14

Comment

• Originally posted by Familyman
                    Nice job, Patrick. I like the way you have it tucked right up next to the case looks very clean. I imagine there are plans for a t-case skid plate? Your rig appears to have a flat belly plan, was that hard to achieve?

Thanks! Yeah I've been trying to keep everything above the frame rails so nothing is hanging down below the frame to get hung up on rocks. It wasn't that hard to do. The biggest sacrifice was from clocking the 205 up. That resulted in a pretty steep front drive driveline angle. Because of that, I had to spent the extra $$$ for the High Angle 42 degree front driveshaft. I think it will be worth it in the end though. It will be nice to not have to worry about dragging my t-case or exhaust on the rocks. That's why I decided to build my own exhaust. I wanted it tucked up very close and I didn't trust a muffler shop to do it. It might not be the prettiest exhaust in the world but at least it's where I want it.

Comment

• Sweet. I love the fit. Try and bend that exhaust on a bender...

You will be ready for our Hammer/40th run in May!!
                      “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

• Originally posted by Delta 4 Wheel
                        Sweet. I love the fit. Try and bend that exhaust on a bender...

You will be ready for our Hammer/40th run in May!!

Oh yeah...I'll be there for that for sure! Maybe we can all caravan down? Or at least coordinate one camping spot for all of us to meet at so we can all camp together.

Comment

• Camp....

Hotel my nigga!

We found that after long hot days in the hammers, it was nice to have a shower before the pizza run. We did go back to the festivities for the sitting around the fire and party. The EBR has had a habit of crappy accommodations at their events IMHO...

The third is my son's first B-day...I will see how that plays out. I might be heading down a day late!!

Comment

• Hey, not trying to steal the thread but How? do you set your rig up for a flat pan. Is it simply clocking the t-case and setting up the cross member to set the case higher up in the frame. I am assuming it has nothing to do with the mounting of the motor , just posssibly the trans and t-case. Would like to do that while my rig is in project mod. Thanks FM
                            72EB, one-ton fab project that will never end

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
                            1 Cor 16:13-14

Comment

• Originally posted by Familyman
                              Hey, not trying to steal the thread but How? do you set your rig up for a flat pan. Is it simply clocking the t-case and setting up the cross member to set the case higher up in the frame. I am assuming it has nothing to do with the mounting of the motor , just posssibly the trans and t-case. Would like to do that while my rig is in project mod. Thanks FM

Yeah, you don't need to change anything with the motor. Because you are running the D20, you would need to fab up a new t-case cross member (or just mount the stock one higher on the frame rail) to raise the t-case up. It's been a while since I have looked at a D20 intermediate housing but you may be able to re-drill the mounting holes in order to clock it up a little bit. Or fab up a clocking ring, although that would add some length to your drive train. From there you would just need to deal with the new driveline lengths and angles. Your front driveline operating angle will be much worse depending on how much you clock the D20 up.

Comment

• Or Chuck, you can buy my doubler set up and clock away!

Comment

Working...
                                X