Blwngsket Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Blwngsket Project

Last night after work I cut the brackets off of the pass side.
    Plan is plate and mount the L bracket of the mount from below instead of on top ( this L instead of this 7. Clear as mud?).
    That way the weight of the rig is on the brackets and not the weld, wanting to twist the lower portion of the bracket away from the frame and up. Tearing it away from the frame.
    Attached Files
    1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Good idea

Comment

Two thumbs up. Wish I saw this before having mine all buttoned up

Comment

Just weld that bottom frame seam up real good and it should be good to go.
          1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Finishing the driver side plate.
            Here's the passenger side.
            It's 3/16". Should work.
            Attached Files

Comment

Sure does suck when you are welding and you trip the breaker every 20 seconds
              Made a 2 hour job take all freakin day. So I have a whole bunch of stich welds that look like shit from starting and stopping. Did I also say that I have a liner and trigger issue with my 110 Mig?
              Nice to know that when you have a bead going that hasn't popped a breaker, that the welder will start to slow down and drag the wire. That's if it doesn't outright stop
              Looked like a good reason to buy a new 110 unit. Picked up a Norstar 140 which is all Miller components. Really like this machine...
              Good news is the pig is back on it's own feet. Little more work to do but it is ready for Rubicon.
              Even got a new to me trailer puller. An 02 Dodge 2500 long bed with a 24 valve cummins turbo. Should pull the pig a little bit easier than the Durango did.

Comment

Got my 5.8 fi/ZF 5 speed donor vehicle. My shop contractor just put his truck into a ditch plowing roads and needs the tins.
                Turns out I'm getting my drive train for free and make money on the deal.
                I dont even need to tow it away. .......
                Attached Files

Comment

Nice score!!

Comment

Should be rolling trusses on Tuesday
                    Attached Files

Comment

Looks like your building your Broncmahall. What size? 10' walls?? What are your plans?

Comment

40x40 total foot print. 12 ft ceiling. 800 sq ft finished attic.

12x40 ft office with a full bath for my wife. 2 40 ft deep bays with 10x10 doors for me.

Be looking for a lift in the near future.

Comment

Tony, that shop is going to be nice. 40x40 sounds about right. My dad has had a 40x30 which was just about right, and he now has a 20x40 which (with a lift) gets a little tight.

As for a lift... hunt around on craigslist for a while. Get one out of a shop or dealership - they are usually much better than the "hobbyist" type lift out of a catalog, and can be had pretty cheap. My dad got a 10,000lb lift for around a grand as I recall.

I will get there one day... any lots around you to be had on the cheap? lol.
                          1970 Bronco
                          My build thread

Comment

Super cheap...

Comment

Yes....I am very jealous!! That is going to be awesome Tony!

Comment

Originally posted by blwngsket View Post
                                Super cheap...
                                How do they feel about Californian's moving North? Guns loaded next to their door...

It is going to be a great shop, envious!
                                Last edited by 904Bronco; 01-05-2015, 01:02 PM.
                                2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
                                1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
                                2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Working...
                                X