Blwngsket Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Blwngsket Project

Sounds like you have it down. Preheat, weld, peen, wrap in insulation oversinght for slow cool down. The cast will melt a lot faster than the steel, so consentrate your heat on the steel as you are welding.

Comment

If you are welding something thiner like a manifold the slowing of the cool down is harder to do but with something like a 14bolt with a thick piece of steel plate the welder will be turned up hotter and the heat will stay in the part longer naturally. Possible a pre-heat on the starting point would be the only thing to do. This is just me and there is a million ways to accomplish the same thing when welding. I just try to go with logic, well my logic anyway.

Comment

Should I use a standard .035 mig wire. What about tig?
        1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

I would use the .035 mig on good size mig and practice on the cast you cut off with the same size plate to get it dialed in

Comment

Yeah, standard ER70S-6 MIG wire in a .035 diameter will do just fine with some 75/25 gas and you are good to go.

Comment

TMR 14 bolt shave kit showed up. Time to get to work.
              Attached Files
              1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

now I just need to make room in the garage and wire it for 220.
                That may be the most difficult part of this monkey show.

Comment

I think I have everything I need except the D60 axle shafts. No one seems to be selling a good set of chromo's on the cheap.

Comment

I just use 100' extension cord going through the house from my dryer outlet. Cheaper than wiring the garage
                    Idle hands equates to wild horses getting my money

Comment

Gonna try and call in a favor from a co worker. If not, a huge exstension cord may be in the cards.

Comment

Nice! Let the fun begin!!!

Comment

Any progress Tony?

Comment

None yet. Been fishing in Cabo for the last 2 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by blwngsket View Post
                              Been fishing in Cabo for the last 2 weeks.
                              Well Boo F'n Hoo isint that tooooo baaaadddddd.........
                              72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
                              BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
                              RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

You suck

Comment

Working...
                                X