PROJECT: Pokey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PROJECT: Pokey

I havent touched the Bronco since last week when I decided to drive it into work. I noticed the front axle's seal is REALLY bad now. Does anyone have a good recommendation for some seals or should I just put the orange ones in from the part store. I really wish Marlin Crawler made seals for DANA stuff.
    Attached Files
    {o===o}
    Originally posted by TBS-POPS
    EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
    Originally posted by CityHick
    I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

I believe Monument sells seals made by Spicer. I know that I am running spicer seals in my axle and at 3+ years, no leaks.
      1970 Bronco
      My build thread

Comment

Originally posted by CityHick View Post
        I believe Monument sells seals made by Spicer. I know that I am running spicer seals in my axle and at 3+ years, no leaks.
        Monument it is. The seals are a little over a year old but my dumb ass decided to leave the 3ft breather tube on the front instead of putting on the 9ft I have that I bought for the last trip. The front end has to have a crap ton of water in it.
        At least it happened now because I need some motivation to put my camber shims back in and put on my new RuffStuff cover.
        {o===o}
        EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....

Comment

Yeah Monument has them. I got a front output shaft seal for a 205 from them a few weeks back. No one else had them in stock.
          WT 4x4
          91' One Ton Bronco
          1971 Bronco
          9/11/01 Never Forget

Comment

Just park that side on a rock, that's what I do. Spicer for me (60).
            67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
            69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
            69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
            79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
            67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

I should finally should add some Tech to this thread

I got me some DIYbeadlocks.com locks. Painted the outside ring hammered black.

As promised Pat... Here are the pics
              I only got one done today. Just waiting until the paint dries so I can slap on the tire.

(Tire size is still classified)
              Attached Files
              Last edited by 71BRONCO71; 12-04-2011, 06:05 PM.
              {o===o}

Comment

Looks good, what size are those skins?

Comment

Whoo Hoo!! Locked, cocked and ready to rock! Way to go Snarky!! Your gonna like those 37 inch Iroks!!

Comment

Wow, pulled off some radials huh? Must have gotten some OT lately! This'll be a nice setup....get your cutting blade out for your inner fenders front and rear, you'll need it, otherwise they will self sipe :-X

Thats how I rub...I mean roll!

Comment

Nice tires!!!! That setup is going to be awsome!
                      Kyle
                      Aptos
                      1967 EB, 5.8, AOD, Stak 5.22, 37's, Dana44/9" w/ARBs 5.13s, 3.5" WH SL, 2" BL, 4wheel disc hydroboost, wristed.

Comment

Looks good man! So why'd you go with DIYs instead of the Ruffstuff ones? Just asking as I'm seriously looking at the latter set for the '68.
                        sigpicRoad trips on an island get boring after the 1st lap...

Comment

Because I didnt think to call Dan and ask him for a special design.
                          {o===o}

Comment

Looking sick Rybo!
                            Leave No One Behind
                            KK6AUW

Comment

Its been a couple days, where's the finished product?

Comment

I only got one done
                                after I welded the inner ring, I took my grinder and made the weld flush. I only found 2 small leaks and quickly ground down the spot and made another 1" pass on top of it. The tire has been sitting for 2 days/3 nights and its only lost 1lbs of air. But I think thats from me checking the tire pressure every hour.

And Justin, No silicone!

I threw in 8oz of airsoft bb's to help balance the tire. No idea if it works or not.
                                I should be able to get the other three done this weekend.

(I need to invest in a real camera and not rely on my 4y/o cellphone)

UPDATE:
                                Since running the 8oz, I noticed a wobble around 70mph. I decided to add another 4oz and it balances better. (12oz total)
                                I dont think you can get an irok to balance at high speed on a 40+ year vehicle.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by 71BRONCO71; 06-17-2013, 11:43 AM.
                                {o===o}

Comment

Working...
                                X