X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PROJECT: Pokey

Originally posted by CityHick View Post
    Hey Ryan,
    Take a look at the MSDS, there's some nasty stuff in Raptor. http://www.u-pol.com/storage/app/upl...1125987028.pdf
    It suggests wearing a supplied air respirator to keep that stuff out of your lungs. I am not sure that normal cartridge filters are adequate. It also says to wear impermeable clothing as there's skin absorption risk. Granted this is probably aimed at people who handle the stuff daily for a living but take note. If you don't have one already, hit up the paint store for some protective clothing - they sell tyvek suits that are cheap.

Just some food for thought.
    When I shot the underliner on the 71 Lubr, I bought a onetime use suit, hair hoody, and mask that was good for 30 days once you crack the bag.

Warm day, out side, mask everything off the day before.

I hear that people do not like it on top of their bed rails with a hard top???

Cage Dave has a specific recommendation for seem sealer that is compatible with raptor... LORD Seam sealer 800DTM

Also surface prep is very important. I have had Dave do raptor on two of my rigs, I plan to do the 67 with it. So far happy with the cost and performance.

Nice to see this thread brought back to life Ryan.
    2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
    1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
    2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

I got the tranny hump cover made. What a PITA!
      Shifts through all the gears with ease
      Attached Files
      {o===o}
      Originally posted by TBS-POPS
      EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
      Originally posted by CityHick
      I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

That came out great! Nice job man. I don't think it's going to fall off!! s I feel proud that you are following in Mr. Overkill's foot steps.

Comment

Today was bedliner day.
          ProudPapa, 39 Ford and BRONCO69 came over this morning and laid on the bed liner. It cane out awesome.
          Thanks again guys for the help

We mixed 75ml of pigment to each bottle to get the color perfect.
          Attached Files
          {o===o}
          EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....

Comment

Looks Good Ryan!

Nice work by all involved

Comment

That turned out great.

Comment

Love the grey. I got a lot of work to do to mine to get it that good!

Comment

That came out great you guys!

Comment

damn that does look good. I imagine it makes you want to keep going, paint next?

Comment

Ryan, How many cans of Raptor liner did you use?

Doug

Comment

Man that turned out awesome. This is on my list of stuff I want to do this summer. The carpet in my Bronco isn't that old but with 6 months of the top being off, it's seen better days. hahaha
                        1973 Bronco Ranger - 302, C4, Dana 20, Dana 44 front, 9 inch rear, 3.55 gears, 35" MTR's on Allied Beadlocks, 3.5" Wild Horses lift

Comment

Originally posted by Rockbronco67 View Post
                          damn that does look good. I imagine it makes you want to keep going, paint next?
                          Sure does.
                          Originally posted by 904Bronco View Post
                          Ryan, How many cans of Raptor liner did you use?

Doug
                          I used 6 total. I have two left over to respray the spots that wear in the future.
                          {o===o}

Comment

Took me a while but I finally got it all re wired. My brain was at full capacity while I was rewiring. Being that it was my very first electrical job, It took more out of me then I thought. But now looking back. I could easily gets this done in a weekend. (no breaks)
                            I won an American Autowiring Harness from WildHorses4x4.com at the roundup a few years back.
                            There are a lot of bonus wires through out this harness for Aux switched lighting, power seats, power windows, heated seats etc...... Overall I am very happy with the kit. And I finally have modern fuses!

The kit requires a special crimping tool that folds the connectors over the wire and the cover. AWW sells them both for $75 or you can rent them for $20
                            Attached Files
                            {o===o}

Comment

nice job....wiring is on my (big) list of things to do.....
                              73 Bronco 302 C4 3 1/2 2" 5.14 9"/d44 d20 37"

Comment

{o===o}

Comment

Working...
                                X