• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PROJECT: Pokey

NICE!!

Comment

NICE!!! What size Irok is that?
      1973 Bronco Ranger - 302, C4, Dana 20, Dana 44 front, 9 inch rear, 3.55 gears, 35" MTR's on Allied Beadlocks, 3.5" Wild Horses lift

Comment

Dude, you could hipnotize chicks whith those things. The outer ring (non directional) pattern and wheel (directional) pattern make an interesting visual combo. "Look into my wheels"... Look great man!
        Last edited by Fungus232; 12-07-2011, 10:01 AM.
        sigpicRoad trips on an island get boring after the 1st lap...

Comment

Originally posted by GloNDark2 View Post
          NICE!!! What size Irok is that?
          It could be a 42... ... ...
          Originally posted by Fungus232 View Post
          you could hypnotize chicks... "Look into my wheels"...
          You could be onto something here...
          {o===o}
          Originally posted by TBS-POPS
          EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
          Originally posted by CityHick
          I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Did you google bb balancing. Im not sure 8oz is enough for 39" tires. I think there is like 12 or 14 oz in my 38s per the info I found.

Looks good, now you need some RCVs so as not to snap your baby axles.
            72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

This is the cart I used.
              http://www.innovativebalancing.com/BigTirechart.htm

Tires are 37x12.5x15
              {o===o}
              EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....

Comment

Nice looking combo Ryan
                69, 7" lift,D-44 with air locker, 9" 35 spl full floater with a locker, 4-wheel disc, custom paint, one off custom mods, Hanson bumpers and side protection, 35's on Champion beadlocks.

Comment

Nice work Ryan, that first one came out pretty nice.

Originally posted by PDXBronco View Post
                  ..get your cutting blade out for your inner fenders front and rear, you'll need it, otherwise they will self sipe :-X
                  X2... mine self-siped with 2 more inches of suspension height than you have. And welcome to Team Tippy. 37" is definitely the tallest I'll ever run on stock width axles. Good luck going down Big Sluice next summer
                  1970 Bronco
                  My build thread

Comment

Your growing up so fast. Welcome to the Irok club.
                    67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
                    69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
                    69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
                    79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
                    67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

Small cutting, more bending of offending 'siping' material and the right bumps! with beadlocks you will be fine 'cause air will be lower

Looks great 'bud!
                      68 Slightly modified
                      67 LUBR once again
                      61 Willy Wagon

Comment

I might as well put these here.

I got my 1st gen BC guards put on, NCB Tree Hugger and my rear bumper reattached.
                        The frame tore off last weekend and I couldnt think of anyway that would work to rebox the frame So Jeff helped me out by letting me cut off his extra frame.

Hopefully it stays attached for another 4 years
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by 71BRONCO71; 06-17-2013, 11:24 AM.
                        {o===o}

Comment

Looks good bud! The quarter guards look great on there too!!!

Comment

Rocker panels were perfectly pristine. Then I found a sawzall and went to town.

1x4, thin wall, under the door post to keep it rigid when I step on it.
                            2x6 .188 rockers
                            2x2 .188 going from the frame to the new rockers

I cut the angles at a 45*. After looking at it, If I was to do this again I would cut the ends off at a 30* angle.

At the same time I decided to raise my Warflares. I cut the fenders to the top of the belt line going around the Bronco.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by 71BRONCO71; 06-17-2013, 12:01 PM.
                            {o===o}

Comment

Found a great deal on a rebuilt dana 20, with terra low gears, Upgraded output shaft, shift rails filed down. Slapped on an orange 3/8 cover. My old transfer case leaked when it got hot. I used a 90* Brass fitting in place of the old "mushroom type". Found the cheapest fuel line and ran the breather to the firewall.

NP435 * Axle * Dana20=Crawl ratio
                              6.69 * 4.56 * 3.17=96:1
                              Im calling it 100:1 for simplicity.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by 71BRONCO71; 06-17-2013, 12:12 PM.
                              {o===o}

Comment

After years and years of wheeling, my P/S pump, which had no cooler on it, died. The fluid got so hot at Coyote lake/Rubicon that it ate the blades inside of the Saginaw pump rebuilt by PSC. After following CityHicks thread I decided to replace the guts of the pump.
                                The replacement is a direct bolt on the results are night and day. Even when I had 33's, a new pump, It was difficult to steer off road. I can now one finger drive with 5lbs of tire pressure. I was considering going to hydro assist, but That is put on hold. The results were that good.
                                This pump won't turn like hydro assist (on demand) but it pumps the fluid well enough that I dont really see myself spending more $ on steering when it works beautifully right now.

P/S Pump http://www.summitracing.com/parts/AGR-807256
                                P/S Cooler http://www.summitracing.com/parts/DER-13212
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by 71BRONCO71; 06-17-2013, 12:21 PM.
                                {o===o}

Comment

Working...
                                X