Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PROJECT: Pokey

OH RUBIMASTER!!!

Very nice man! You're gonna have some FUN this Rubicon trip! I'm following you!

Comment

Damn 'bro! you make me proud, now lead the way!
      68 Slightly modified
      67 LUBR once again
      61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Now the Bronco is getting expensive to build. Im past all the small bolt on crap.

Originally posted by TBS-POPS View Post
        Damn!!! I think he even washed it!!
        What is this WASH you speak of? Never heard of it.
        {o===o}
        Originally posted by TBS-POPS
        EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
        Originally posted by CityHick
        I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Think of it as it "was" expensive now that all the big $$ is on and the rest are only "minor" upgrades. Looks good by the way.
          67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
          69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
          69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
          79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
          67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 View Post
            Well its about time I spill the beans.
            35 KM2
            Cage Arms
            ARB rear
            High output ARB comp with Air up kit
            31 spline rear axles
            Spartan Front Locker
            4.57 Gears
            Rock L.E.D. Lights
            New jeep Rear seat
            Tuned Motor

Still need to weld on the New shock towers I have laying in the garage. Almost ready for the 'Con Run. All of this happened because I was looking at my tires and noticed that I would need new ones by next summer.

Here ya go
            Yeah got alot of red wires running down the frame there... Was there a sale on red wire?

Looks good, as said: From here on out it is just minor upgrades...
            2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
            1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
            2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

I think it looks better in person. See you in a couple of weeks, and I will follow you through little sluice.
              Marc D.
              If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Are the radius arm wedge bushing thingies in the right way? Front axle pinion angle seems low. Or do you have a non-cv driveshaft?
                I say we play follow the leader with Ryan up front.

Comment

Sweet Ryan!! I love those KM2s. How do you like the rock lites?
                  Kyle
                  Aptos
                  1967 EB, 5.8, AOD, Stak 5.22, 37's, Dana44/9" w/ARBs 5.13s, 3.5" WH SL, 2" BL, 4wheel disc hydroboost, wristed.

Comment

Looks good Ryan, that is a lot of upgrades since last season and I think you'll be happy with the results.
                    1970 Bronco
                    My build thread

Comment

Originally posted by 904Bronco View Post
                      Yeah got alot of red wires running down the frame there... Was there a sale on red wire?
                      IM FIXING IT! hahaha

Originally posted by gddyap View Post
                      Are the radius arm wedge bushing thingies in the right way? Front axle pinion angle seems low. Or do you have a non-cv driveshaft?
                      It might be the pic but the bushings are in correct, I swear. It's a 3.5 lift with 2* bushings and the cage arms say that they have 4* built in. and there is a cv on the shaft

Originally posted by kman67 View Post
                      Sweet Ryan!! I love those KM2s. How do you like the rock lites?
                      these are the only ones that the beam pattern is wide. they are supper bright for only being 1 led
                      {o===o}
                      EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....

Comment

Question to the masses. If I need my front pinion to rotate up, do I need less degree in the bushings? I measured from the ball joints and i was about 2-3 degrees off of 0*. Currently I have 2* bushings with the cage arms and 3.5 coils.
                        {o===o}

Comment

Question to the masses. If I need my front pinion to rotate up, do I need less degree in the bushings? I measured from the ball joints and i was about 2-3 degrees off of 0*. Currently I have 2* bushings with the cage arms and 3.5 coils.
                          Yes. To tilt the pinion up you sacrifice caster without doing something crazy like rotating your inner-c's. I have 2" more lift than you and I believe 2* bushings on cage arms. My front pinion angle is crappy, but you have to realize this is not an axle you're sending power to every day.

Mine's typically only in 4wd at very low speeds, and the front d/l will vibrate when I get up above about 20mph. If your axle can travel without binding your upper and lower u-joints then don't worry about it. Front u-joint life will be shortened, but keeping the joint lubed and carrying a spare you'll be fine. I spoke to a driveline shop about this and they agreed... not ideal for a primary drive axle but workable for a front axle.
                          1970 Bronco
                          My build thread

Comment

Jack up your Bronco's front end (by the frame) and let the axle droop all the way down. Now try to spin your front driveline. If it spins freely, you're good to go, but it binds then you'll need to raise your pinion up a little. Even if it doesn't bind with a static droop, it could still bind up on the trail after your suspension warms up and there is force on the front axle to flex, so carry at least one spare u-joint.

Comment

so being at 0* is ideal, but if its close just run it?
                              {o===o}

Comment

so being at 0* is ideal, but if its close just run it?
                                You actually want a little bit of caster. That is what will help your steering self center, and drive straight down the road.
                                Marc D.
                                If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Working...
                                X