This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The **OFFICIAL** 5th Annual "Broncos on the Con"

I'm just hoping I don't have to go to China during the trip again.

Comment

Originally posted by gddyap View Post
      I'm just hoping I don't have to go to China during the trip again.
      cough cough
      68 Slightly modified
      67 LUBR once again
      61 Willy Wagon

Comment

As far as a set weekend goes, what have we done? june 11 was too much snow. the first trip I went on was '08 I think it was August. I don't remember what 09 was like but 2010 was ok in june.
        Just remember, If it's like june was this year, It will be rough again. Was that a "once in 20 years" june, or does it happen lots of the time?
        Last edited by Franked; 12-30-2011, 07:28 PM.
        Yes, It's a Jeep, Can't we all just get along?
        35s,44s locked,102:1 blah, blah, blah. I'll upgrade whatever breaks next, something will, I am sure, hopefully it's something cheap.

Comment

One thing I thought of about the date(I voted june28-july first, 'cause it's LATER) If we go much later like 09 when it was september, the water is warmer at Buck for swimming/bathing, always a good thing.
          Yes, It's a Jeep, Can't we all just get along?
          35s,44s locked,102:1 blah, blah, blah. I'll upgrade whatever breaks next, something will, I am sure, hopefully it's something cheap.

Comment

warm weather and water would be good it was real cold this year. wasnt really ready for the cold nites that and somebody left battery cable loose............
            Last edited by steve.b; 12-30-2011, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Last weekend in June is good I think, but why not plan another trip for September as well?
              Last edited by Efibroncoman; 12-31-2011, 06:30 AM.
              SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Here is why June works for me and maybe speaking for other people as well.

Rubicon is the first trail to really open around here. Everyone can't wait to try their new parts and mods. Snow is hit and miss but is always a good time. Barett and Fordyce opens July-Aug. Then for the Fresno area people, trails open Aug-Sept (Dusy and Swamp). If we have it set to the last weekend in June, this gives people a chance to run all other trails the rest of the summer.

Comment

^x2
                  68 Slightly modified
                  67 LUBR once again
                  61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Is there a way to change your vote?

I don't love the idea of being on the 'con on or near the 4th of July, but I will probably be in Tahoe (staying in Tahoma right near the Tahoe side trailhead) the week of July 4th and I'll have my Bronco there, so the June 28 - July 1 option might work pretty well for me. It seems to be the most popular option right now anyway.

My friends and I are talking about running in backwards, down to Buck and back out to the cabin that week, or possibly running in from Loon out to the Cabin and staying there a while afterwards.
                    1970 Bronco
                    My build thread

Comment

One of the main reasons for going a little earlier in the year (other than stated above) is that we can have campfires! Later in the year and no fires allowed. Sucks camping without a campfire. Although our "campfire" at Ellis was a good substitute!

"Where did Ryan go?" Ha Ha!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CityHick View Post

My friends and I are talking about running in backwards, down to Buck and back out to the cabin that week, or possibly running in from Loon out to the Cabin and staying there a while afterwards.
                        Tony, never ran it backwards, should be fun! gimme a call
                        68 Slightly modified
                        67 LUBR once again
                        61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by Broncrick View Post
                          Tony, never ran it backwards, should be fun! gimme a call
                          We're still sorting out the details but I think the cabin plan is a go. Cadillac might be interesting to drive down... Big Sluice going up too. Guess I'll find out if my tippy rig is any less tippy being 1" shorter... otherwise I might end up with matching bruises on both sides this time
                          1970 Bronco
                          My build thread

Comment

Did we pick an official date yet people?
                            Leave No One Behind
                            KK6AUW

Comment

Originally posted by CityHick View Post
                              Cadillac might be interesting to drive down...
                              It's alot easier going down Cadillac than going up, especially in the dark.
                              69, 7" lift,D-44 with air locker, 9" 35 spl full floater with a locker, 4-wheel disc, custom paint, one off custom mods, Hanson bumpers and side protection, 35's on Champion beadlocks.

Comment

I am asking for the 28th-29th off..
                                KK6DAD
                                70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Working...
                                X