Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The **OFFICIAL** 4th Annual "Broncos on the Con" June (23), 24 ,25 ,26 2011

Originally posted by welndmn View Post
    Myself, Dave, and our friend Justin.
    Yup I am in the middle chair. Breakfast with a view!
    WT 4x4
    91' One Ton Bronco
    1971 Bronco
    9/11/01 Never Forget

Comment

• Re: The **OFFICIAL** 4th Annual "Broncos on the Con" June (23), 24 ,25 ,26 2011

Originally posted by yjzonie View Post
      We would love to have someone with the trail knowledge to go in with us from Georgetown to Tahoe. It is a go for us to run, we'll be in Georgetown on the 12th to start the run in , camping somewhere, run so more and take it cool weather and beauty and camp again, then finish the trail and head on back to South Tahoe. We do welcome someone with the trail experience.

Another thing, where are the best places to camp. 1st day coming in from Georgetown so far and camping. 2nd day proceeding in farther and camping. The last day getting up finishing the trail and heading out to Tahoe. That's the plan as long as everything goes good. Where would the best camping place be in that scenario. We do appreciate any advice or someone wanting to run with us desert rats....

Thank you,
      Az Classic Broncos
      I'm still in negotiations with the wife because our anniversary is on the 12th. I also would have to try to put the bronco back together in two weeks.

Popular options starting from the beginning of the trail is Spider Lake/Little Sluice, Buck Island Lake, and Rubicon Springs. You can't camp near Spider lake anymore but you can still hike to it and go swimming. You can also watch the carnage in Little Sluice. Going farther in is Buck Island Lake. There's some good camping at Buck but only a couple places on the lake where the trail passes by. Plenty of spots just a short stroll to the lake. Next location is Rubicon Springs. This is private property. I think it's $10/vehicle. Rubicon River runs right by. It's doesn't take too long to get from Rubicon Springs to Tahoe. There are only a couple obstacles. Right now there's a huge pile of debris in the way that will take some time to be cleared out with chainsaws. Once you get to the top of Cadillac it is smooth sailing to Tahoe. You can stop and camp anywhere you want on the trail. The only stipulation is vehicles cannot stray beyond 25 feet on either side of the trail centerline. So if you want to camp off trail, you have to park on the side of the trail and then hike your gear to wherever you want to camp.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockbronco67 View Post
        Dave (helbnd1) is going in Friday at 10am with 69crawler, silentkiller71, and me. If you want to get there a little earlier you are more than welcome to roll in with us.
        Where are you guys meeting at? I think I can be ready to head up by Friday morning.
        SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by Efibroncoman View Post
          Where are you guys meeting at? I think I can be ready to head up by Friday morning.
          If your not ready to head up in the morning on Friday, Galen and I will be coming up after work.

Comment

Originally posted by NorcalKD View Post
            If your not ready to head up in the morning on Friday, Galen and I will be coming up after work.
            Actually that will probably work better for me... I have a few last minute things to pick up before I can get out of town. I'll PM you..
            SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Have fun guys, good luck and be safe. Take pictures!!
              '68- 302 C4 x D20, Dana 30 x 9" stock gears, 33" pavement pounders, 3-1/2" suspension lift 0 body lift, wishlist getting bigger, wallet getting smaller

Comment

Originally posted by Efibroncoman View Post
                Actually that will probably work better for me... I have a few last minute things to pick up before I can get out of town. I'll PM you..
                Sounds good, sent you one back.

Comment

REPORT:

Just spoke to Patrick, His cell phone should have lost service by now. He says its a crisp 85* with no snow going up icehouse. Looks like this past week has melted a TON of snow.
                  {o===o}
                  Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                  EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
                  Originally posted by CityHick
                  I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 View Post
                    REPORT:

Just spoke to Patrick, His cell phone should have lost service by now. He says its a crisp 85* with no snow going up icehouse. Looks like this past week has melted a TON of snow.
                    Ryan.... Get your ass up here tomorrow and lets go...
                    KK6DAD
                    70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy4zack View Post
                      not if your going to make that face. hahahaha

To Buck or bust tomorrow.
                      {o===o}
                      EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....

Comment

I'm rollin with you guys all the way! See you guys in the morning. 2X get your ass to A house Ryan, it gets hot quick.
                        Leave No One Behind
                        KK6AUW

Comment

Picked up the last parts I THINK i need. Tonight I'll jump in the sweatbox and bolt them together and see what I forgot.
                          If all goes well, I'll be driving it tonight and dialing in the shocks.

I need to add the 2nd spare tire mount to the trailer too. Easy, I need need to move all the other crap in my driveway to get the trailer in there.
                          Mark Harris
                          71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

Been tentative here, waiting for a new GM to show at work. So far he should have started three times by now. SO, still have Fri off, and if this slacker dosent show Thurs by the time I'm off, I'll be leaving O-dark early for the trip to Buck Fri
                            68 Slightly modified
                            67 LUBR once again
                            61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by ProudPapa View Post
                              I'm rollin with you guys all the way! See you guys in the morning. 2X get your ass to A house Ryan, it gets hot quick.
                              Does anything sound more gay than that statement?

Comment

Leaving in the AM

EDIT:
                                Looks like Patrick needs some tire slime. He got a text out that says he ripped a tire. Put some goo in your spare parts guys.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by 71BRONCO71; 06-22-2011, 06:23 PM.
                                {o===o}

Comment

Working...
                                X