• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rubicon 09 Aftermath

Ouch, watch that elbow!

Thats how I rub...I mean roll!

Comment

Wow, another great trip. I thought last was fun looks like everyone had a blast and alot more broncos this year. I sure hope to make next years trip and enjoy some of the fun. Thanks for the vids and pics.
      69, 7" lift,D-44 with air locker, 9" 35 spl full floater with a locker, 4-wheel disc, custom paint, one off custom mods, Hanson bumpers and side protection, 35's on Champion beadlocks.

Comment

vid of the v notch alittle before old sluice were everyone goes around the big rock. Tried to recreate my last run through there, were I went high and rolled onto the pass. side, squeezed through and drive out of the flop....not this time.
        That is some serious flex.

Comment

Today I'm finally getting around to my post-trail bronco inspection. Overall I did pretty well but I did notice my transfer case is leaking at both the front and rear output shafts. It always leaked a little (~1 drop a week) but now it's leaving a puddle. Time to tear into the t-case to see what that is all about, not what I wanted to do.
          I also noticed that the u-joint at the front D44 pinion is absolutely caked in grease. I must have over-lubed it or something, it's a mess.

There's no real damage to report other than that, however I must have dragged my rear diff over every rock out there. Thankfully the skid plate did its job - I was never really stuck on the diff I just remember dragging it over several obstacles. I guess the solution there is to be a little more careful with my choice of lines.

I just talked to my dad a little while ago - he says he can't wait to get back out there and do the whole trail with me. I think that means he had a good time too!
          Last edited by CityHick; 09-19-2009, 10:28 AM.
          1970 Bronco
          My build thread

Comment

Originally posted by CityHick View Post
            I just talked to my dad a little while ago - he says he can't wait to get back out there and do the whole trail with me. I think that means he had a good time too!
            That there is the best part of the trip. Enjoy him
            Originally posted by TBS-POPS
            After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Hosed the beast off too, then a broom in the gutter for the 'silt' Like OT a bunch of shiney steel under the Bronco, fun!
              68 Slightly modified
              67 LUBR once again
              61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco Brian View Post
                That there is the best part of the trip. Enjoy him
                It's funny for me to be in the driver's seat taking him camping in an old Ford. Growing up it was him taking me in his 74 F250. I am certain he'll make more trips with me whenever he can.

Originally posted by Broncrick View Post
                Hosed the beast off too, then a broom in the gutter for the 'silt' Like OT a bunch of shiney steel under the Bronco, fun!
                Gotta love the newly shiny steel! All that means is that we were using our Broncos for what we built them for. Navigating rocks is fun...
                1970 Bronco
                My build thread

Comment

Time with your Dad is so cool! Please enjoy it while you can.
                  Jack
                  73 Bronco 302 C4 3 1/2 2" 5.14 9"/d44 d20 37"

Comment

Originally posted by Action View Post
                    Time with your Dad is so cool! Please enjoy it while you can.
                    Jack
                    I agree. My father joined me in Moab this last spring, and we hit three trails. We had a good time, even though he kept getting out on the tough obstacles.
                    Marc D.
                    If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

• Re: Rubicon 09 Aftermath

Doing this kind of stuff with your dad is Awesome, My dad died 7 years ago, there are a lot of things I'd like to ask his opinion about, and to show him, and just share with him. Enjoy your dads while you can, everyone.
                      Yes, It's a Jeep, Can't we all just get along?
                      35s,44s locked,102:1 blah, blah, blah. I'll upgrade whatever breaks next, something will, I am sure, hopefully it's something cheap.

Comment

These pics in this post are for the simple reason that most wouldn't have believed me that the drivers door fits agian.
                        I guess it is about time for paint.
                        Attached Files
                        Marc D.

Comment

Good work on the sill, BUT, you call that a door?
                          68 Slightly modified
                          67 LUBR once again
                          61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by Broncrick View Post
                            Good work on the sill, BUT, you call that a door?
                            Yeah, I may need to do a little work on the door also.
                            Marc D.

Comment

Marc you are a madman...
                              Before I enlarged the pictures I thought you'd painted the rig like a cow - the dark spots on white.
                              1970 Bronco
                              My build thread

Comment

Originally posted by earlybronco72 View Post
                                Yeah, I may need to do a little work on the door also.
                                Marc, I thought you were allergic to doors???
                                72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
                                BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
                                RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X