No announcement yet.

testing turns into thrashing !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chuck that thing is looking sweet! Nice break and fix by the way. I hope your wife is not looking but in your last pic of the before damage I must say NICE RACK
    Kevin
    LFD Inc.
    71 EB 56K original miles stock for now!

73 EB/rock buggy 351W EFI, Art Car C-4 manual VB w/ comp braking, 37 MTR's, 4-Link F&R, Fox Air 16", Full Hydro and now it runs!

51 F1 PU with MII front end, T-Bird IRS

70 C10 SWB, 92 LT1 vett motor, 700R4, power everything, great driving street rig.

Comment

Food for thought on the square tube pics. May rape that idea as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Familyman
        .......Just FYI putting in those 5.5" rear springs is a pain. I hads to use a rachet strap, bottle jack and lots of love to get those in.
        FYI...A trick I learned that solves this in about 3 minutes. Install the rear of the springs...spring to shackle then shacke to rear hanger. Then, run your winch cable under the rig to the front eye. Wrap the hook around to itself. Check for anything that could get pinched. Winch in and slide the bolt it. Its works!!
        Don't worry about it...its mostly glass...will be fine...

I went to the woods to live deliberately...

Carpe' Dium

Comment

Thanks NOTPRETTY, I will use that in the future and hopefully will save someone else a couple of hours in the meantime.
          72EB, one-ton fab project that will never end

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
          1 Cor 16:13-14

Comment

Did we ever get a volunteer to hold a "how to 4 link your bronco" class for dummys? I am interested in doing this but know nothing about how to go about it.

Comment

This is what I did. I have a friend, that right after he graduated with a degree from the U of Idaho in engineering, and didn't have a job yet, do the research and design for me. He understands all the important stuff about suspension, and I gave him a couple of things that I wanted in the suspension. What I wanted was 48 inch lowers, and for it to drive nice, and that was about all I told him. What he came up with is what I built. Works well for me, and a buddy that copied it in Idaho.
              Marc D.
              If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Here is the repair process. Both tubes fully welded into the centersection, and a brace for added strength. Here also is a pic of one of the plugs that was suppose to hold the tube inplace. Kinda no surprise why this happened?
                Attached Files

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.

Comment

After the brace was inplace I tied it to the top of the centersection (in a pretapped hole) and then accross to the diff cover where I added an extension to be able to bolt them together.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Very Nice Chuck! I like the added brace.

Comment

Nice work! Just make sure you start another tech section on 4-links!!!!
                      '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Comment

Well got er back together. and everything fit just fine. Still need to re-do the axle wrap bar. Nice thing is I found the last small leaf that I had removed from the spring packs when doing the axle conversion and put them back in. This brought the rear end back up so that when loaded she should sit flat.

Thanks again to all who threw in ideas on how to fix this thing, ya'll saved me some c$sh. Thanks for the help FM

Comment

You must have been hopping on that rear axle. I did the same thing with my leaf springs on the slabs on Rubicon. Bouncing and BAM!!!!! Took out the rear YOke on a D70. Drove back to the trailer in front wheel drive and hopped in a buddies rig to enjoy the rest of the weekend. Everyone else broke at least one joint also. I now have 4 link front and rear and 1350 yokes front and rear.

BEfore....

After...
                          Attached Files
                          69 bronco, 72 bronco, 66 vert stang

Comment

WOW! You did that to a D70!?

Comment

here is another option for linking the rear. Very cheap cost.....
                              3 link 1/4 elliptical rear using extended radius arms...
                              69 bronco, 72 bronco, 66 vert stang

Comment

Did he end up with a lot of "Jacking" on the rear, and wheel hop when spinning the tires? I've had friends that did that, and it was pretty bad on there rigs.
                                Marc D.
                                If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Working...
                                X