Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome to the Nor Cal Broncos forum!!! Please Check In Here!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Welcome to the Nor Cal Broncos forum!!! Please Check In Here!

Originally posted by earlybronco72 View Post
    Enjoy exploring NorCal.
    Went out yesterday chasing the sun and seeing what I could find. Left out of Discovery Bay headed towards Clayton on Marsh Creek Road down through Morgan Territory Road and back up Vasco Road. I was hoping to find some unpaved roads, but like everywhere, it looks like all the good places are private property and have fences around them.

It was still fun though. Doing Morgan Territory Road for the first time at night was blast.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello everyone, joined this site about a month ago after hearing about it on Classicbroncos. I've had a '78 Bronco for years and always loved the early ones. Last year I found a '67 sitting in a barn in Washoe Valley, I live in Reno. The guy wasn't selling it at the time but decided it was better to let it go than have it sit there covered in dirt and cobwebs. It had not been started in 15-20 years and the rust seemed minimal. Boy was I wrong about the rust, lol. The restoration is going much slower than I anticipated, just hard to find the time. The plan is to turn it into a luber and replace the 289 with a 351W, I also plan to put in a 4wr70. Here are a few pics of the day I brought it home.

Comment

Awesome find. Way less rust than mine. Have fun.
        Marc D.
        If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Another great one rescued from the barn. That's awesome! Good luck with it and keep us posted on your progress.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome guys. Here are a few pics of when I first saw it in his barn. People seem to throw the term "barn find" around a lot on Craigslist, but I always have to explain that I really did find it sitting in a barn.

Comment

Great find and rescue! Welcome to the site and have fun with your project! Keep the pictures rolling as you go along, we like pictures!
              1969 Sport, 351 roller EFI, 4R70W, TEAM BLUE.

Comment

welcome

Comment

Welcome to helo-mech...I think you'll find the best thing you can hope for is a nice levee road to park next to and hang by the river. Take a drive up to Rio Vista, cool little town! Your fastest getaway is head east on 4 then make your way up to highway. 88 past Pine Grove.
                  Welcome to hsach! Awesome barn find!
                  Relativity: Where ever you go, there you are.

Comment

Welcome! Truly a Barn find
                    2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
                    1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
                    2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Welcome new guys!
                      We'll have to get some form of meet up arranged later this summer. Not sure we're ever going to decide on another "bronctoberfest" location but I've had thoughts about just reserving a group campground somewhere, fill the place up with broncos...
                      1970 Bronco
                      My build thread

Comment

Hey guys, new to this forum but not the Early Bronco community, my name is Andy and I've been into Bronco's since I was in college and got a job working at a Bronco Vendor up here in Oregon. I've been building up my '68 since 2006 with dreams of running the Rubicon and it looking like next year I'll be ready to go! I talked with Jim Creel awhile back and he said I should become a member on this forum so I can get some info on your annual Rubicon run.
                        '68 Bronco - 302, NV3550, Atlas 4.3, 4.88s, OX locker / Yukon Grizzly, 17x9 Fuel Offroad D116 Anza beadlocks on 37x12.5 Goodyear Wrangler MTR's
                        '66 Bronco - Uncut and under the knife

Comment

Hey krawler, welcome to you too! Glad to see new members are able to sign up right now.
                          I wonder if it's just temporarily opened up again, or if the spam issue is fixed finally?
                          Either way, welcome and have fun with some wheeling. Just missed some previous runs this year, but I'm sure others will be heading out. Still got a bit of summer left.

If not, looks like we can play in hsach's very own rock garden he's got going on there in his side yard. Even has a short hill-climb!

Paul
                          Wild Horses 4-Wheel Drive
                          www.wildhorses4x4.com

71 U15 3.5" WH lift, Hanson rear, cut w/33" Swamper Thornbirds
                          68 U15 2.5" WH lift, Hanson front, uncut w/31 BFG Explorer engine/trans

Comment

I live just north of Eugene, Oregon so I won't be doing too many trail runs in California this year. Coming up in a couple of weeks is our annual Oregon Unevent which is in Florence, Oregon. Anybody interested in making the trip north is welcome, should be another great event again this year on the Oregon dunes.
                            I'm thinking after I conquer the Rubicon I'd like to try running the Dusy one day, that looks like a great trail! Once the 2015 Rubicon thread is started I'm sure I'll be asking plenty of questions as to what gear I should bring along. I'll post up some pictures of my Bronco tomorrow for you guys to see.
                            '68 Bronco - 302, NV3550, Atlas 4.3, 4.88s, OX locker / Yukon Grizzly, 17x9 Fuel Offroad D116 Anza beadlocks on 37x12.5 Goodyear Wrangler MTR's
                            '66 Bronco - Uncut and under the knife

Comment

Welcome Andy

Comment

Hey everyone. Scott from the East Bay here. New to the forum, but not broncos. Pretty sure I was conceived in a '72, and grew up wheeling all over norcal with my pops. Looking for my own rig now that college and the career are started. Hoping to scoop one up soon and meet more of ya'll.

Comment

Working...
                                X