No announcement yet.

Patina Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The frame came out looking great! Keep up the good work man.

Comment

Thank you all for the comments...

Skip if your web page suggestion works, I will owe you beers!
      I have almost 2.5 hrs so far on hold with Holley waiting to talk to a Tech
      2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
      1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
      2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Well Skip, no luck with the online suggestions for the Sniper Idle issues.

I spoke with my 3rd Holley Tech Saturday, after well over 5 hrs on "Wait" with Holley Tech support in total. After doing all the tests they have recommended and reporting my findings, the last Tech feels the IAC is bad. He has elected to send me a complete new Sniper unit with a call tag to return the 1st one. I am hopeful that this will resolve my issues and I can go back to working Full time on Mater.

Comment

Well it seems that Holley is trying to make it right. Keep us posted when you get the new Sniper installed. It’s surprising to me that you had such a difficult time getting through to Holley Tech Support. Back when COVID first hit and the Holley techs were working from home I had to contact them a couple of times. I never waited over about 20 minutes.

Let me know if you have any issues with the new Sniper that you and Holley can’t solve. I have a couple of other resources.

Comment

Well that sure is too bad. Hopefully the new unit will solve your issues. I take it that it wasn't idling correctly?

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
              Well that sure is too bad. Hopefully the new unit will solve your issues. I take it that it wasn't idling correctly?
              The idle adjustment screw is completely backed off of the linkage and I am idling just under 1,100 rpm

Thanks Skip, minimum wait time has been 45-50 minutes, one afternoon I gave up after 1.5 hrs on hold. I have come to despise their wait music...
              Last edited by 904Bronco; 09-14-2020, 07:14 AM.

Comment

There are a few sneaky vacuum ports both on the front and back of the Sniper EFI unit. It took me a while to realize that they were there. Make sure you have them all plugged.

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
                  There are a few sneaky vacuum ports both on the front and back of the Sniper EFI unit. It took me a while to realize that they were there. Make sure you have them all plugged.
                  Yeap, 4 in front and one in the back that had to be opened for the PB booster. And I have checked visually and with the Propane test.
                  Well got my return shipping tag from UPS, but it appears that the new unit will not ship until this Friday the 18th. Was hopping that I would be done with this by the weekend

Comment

So I got a UPS notice early Saturday morning that the replacement Sniper unit is shipping, which means to me that the shipping tag was generated and it will ship out today...

I just got a call that Mater's frame is done at the Powder coater and ready for pick up! I tore down the rear end this weekend and well as expected the news was not good. Both drums are done, 2" shoes on a 11 x 1 3/4 drum doesn't work well, wheel cylinders frozen, wheel bearing are done. Interestingly enough, original 69 brake drums and one factory axle bearing and seal. There was water, mud and 90wt oil, the vent was plugged, and the housing had some welds on it that were leaking. I took that to the guy that repaired the frame, Jerry made up some plates so he could pressurize the housing and find the leaks with soapy water solution. I hope to get that back today. Nothing (needed parts) is in stock at my Napa, so that stuff is on order. Then I got back to the 3rd member and well rust on the ring gear
                    Welding up holes on the body and remaking parts
                    Probably make a run to WH's this week and pick up suspension parts... I am guessing it will be an expensive week for Mater...
                    Attached Files

Comment

It seems that everything that could be F’d up is F’d up. But you are making good progress.

Comment

Well, I guess this confirms why it's always a good idea to tear everything down. LOL. Now you can make sure that it's done right!

Comment

Thanks for the positive comments Gents... There is a budget for this build and well it took a hit...

The rear end housing got welded up. And I picked up the frame from the powder coater's. They even blasted the rear end housing while we loaded the fame for $40 which I thought was a screaming deal, I was not looking forward to picking up the angle grinder with the wire wheeling attachment again after 4 days on the Frame.

Ring gear set, locker, and master rebuild kit showed up from Westcoast Diffs yesterday, and the pumpkin will get dropped off at my buddy for a rebuild. No call from Napa on parts yet?

Drove out to Lodi yesterday and warmed up the Credit card, but I should have everything I need to get the Chassis rolling again.

Still have parts soaking in deruster, and then wire-wheeling, followed by priming / paint

And guess what showed up yesterday? The replacement Holley Sniper!!! Today's main project.

I will get some pictures up latter...

Comment

Sound fun!
                            Hope the Holley goes well this time around...

Comment

There was some success... I think the Trans am can go home soon, depends on a few more cold starts and more miles on the odometer.

Still painting and cleaning parts... Waiting for all my needed rear end parts to come in from NAPA
                              Attached Files

Comment

Whooo Hooo! Nice to have some progress in the right direction huh!? So what are your thoughts on the Sniper now that you have a good unit?

Comment

Working...
                                X