Patina Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patina Build

Picked this late 69 up today, it is the next project. Honestly, I have not formulated a plan yet, thinking frame off, fresh mechanicals, Rewire, Explorer EDIS, 4R70W, and then drop the body back on. I do have some sheet metal to do, but no floors or door/striker posts.
    Last edited by 904Bronco; 07-06-2020, 08:55 PM.
    2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
    1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
    2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

This should keep you busy for a while.

Comment

Nice! I just saw that it was sold and my first thought was "I wonder if Doug bought it"? Awesome man! I can't wait to watch your work on this one!

Comment

So I got the door mechanisms lubed up and working, picked up a parking brake assembly to install so the wheels don't have to blocked.
        Windows go up and down. Found out it is an electric wiper rig that someone installed vacuum wipers on??? (WTF)
        Ordered a few pieces from Wild horses, and working on fixing the Nightmare PS conversion...
        Put the better tires and rims on it...
        Oh and simple greened the snot out of it, followed by the pressure washer
        Attached Files

Comment

Love following your builds Doug. Looking forward to this one as well. Mike

Comment

That has a really nice patina to it Doug! Is it original paint? Looks like a Sport model. It even has the hard top chrome trim. Nice!! Are you going to order a Marti Report? I may have a piece of frame that you can graphed on to replace that power steering hack job.

Comment

Updates for today -

Yes indeed it is a sport model, or at least it has the correct parts. Original color is Orange, which was not offered in 69? Andrew Norton suggested that it could be a special order... Marti report has been ordered. Faded blue color, with a darker blue hood and grill. Drivers fender is new, inner fender needs patched or replaced. Wheel well will need replaced as well.

Rebuild 4-turn box on its way, as well as used electric wiper set. Got two D20 t-cases with it, hoping to get one working one from both? Probably going to need a drive gear...

It has a d30 in front with 3:50
              The rear is a non locker 4:11
              Looks like I need a D30 carrier for 4:11's.. Anyone have one? Trac-loc would be welcome

Took a look at the rear drums with the hope of making the Park brake functional. Looks like someone put 2" wide shoes on a 11 drum that should of had 1 3/4' shoes. Outer edges of the shoes are ground down, drums are shiny. But got them to work well enough to get rid of the block in the driveway.

Rig has 3 gas tanks - rear has a rot hole in it, along with dirt > Junk. Pass side tank has dirt and rust > junk. Driver side tank I am going to have to cut on of the J-hooks off to get it out. Factory tanks all have silicon smeared around sending units?

Cut off a few brackets welded to the frame for dual exhaust. Fuel hoses and plastic lines all rock hard and snapped off in my hands.

Going to get the last tank out tomorrow, and then start making patch panels for various holes.

Dr Bill's 79 Trans-Am with the Holley Sniper conversion is supposed to show up this weekend, too bad the parts have not shown up yet. At least one item is back ordered.

Pictures... maybe tomorrow

Comment

Wow, almost Stroppe power steering!
                Looks like a cool project Doug!

Comment

A few pictures as promised...

Has Dual Shocks on it, removed the 2nd pair.

Took the 67 to a Cars and Coffee this morning, lots of interest and questions. A few stories from others about back in the day... Went for a Cruz afterward, getting closer to that 1st Oil change!

Attached Files

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	old power steering1.jpg
Views:	734
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	315651 Click image for larger version

Name:	old power steering2.jpg
Views:	738
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	315652 Looks like a great project! That PS is similar to how mine was when I got it. I was able to find another frame.
                    Last edited by kman67; 07-15-2020, 11:12 AM.
                    Kyle
                    Aptos
                    1967 EB, 5.8, AOD, Stak 5.22, 37's, Dana44/9" w/ARBs 5.13s, 3.5" WH SL, 2" BL, 4wheel disc hydroboost, wristed.

Comment

Damn Kman, what a mess!

Comment

Yeah I am working on it still, just not active on the Bronco forums. Sneak on, look around, post a parts want, and off.

I was given two T-shift cases with it, 1st one is damaged. 2nd one has been welded, finally found a 3rd one and it is being resealed.

I am tackling the PS frame stuff next month.

Attached Files

Comment

Looks like progress. Lookin good.

Comment

Nice work on the sheet metal Doug!

Comment

Well I got a Thumbs up from the Re-builder on the 3rd T-shift T-case. THANK You Paul Brannon for the hook up!!!

So been playing detective on what color Orange Mater is... Guess what, He is Cal Trans Orange!
                              Did some chatting with Andrew Norton of Baja Broncos, based on the Marti report and the modified wiring harness inside we have pretty much figured out it was a fleet purchase. And that would explain the poor repaint of the blue over the orange for a quick Sale to the Masses.

The debate now is what color to paint it? (Not that I am in any hurry to paint it) Does it have any more or less value to retain the orange color? I plan to Raptor line the inside of the tub, so go with Black that matches everything or California Orange, Or?

I am still filling holes and waiting for parts to start Dr Bill's Trans-Am.

Comment

Working...
                              X