No announcement yet.

“Blue” 69

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks crawlin68. I’m looking forward to putting some miles on it.

Comment

You have been Productive!
      2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
      1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
      2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Started my next project last month, a little bit of rust repair to the drivers floor, both inner kick panels, as well as some patching on the inner fenders. This is my first attempt at metal repair, so if I’m doing something wrong, please let me know. As soon as I dug in I discovered the bottom of the drivers door pillar was toast. Just about complete on the drivers side repairs. Here is a list of what I have done so far with some pictures: New front floor brace, floor panel, kick panel, and door post. Patches trans tunnel, inner rocker, inner fender, and cowl.

Attached Files

Comment

Looks Good... You went Full Monty with the Door post and kick panel!

Comment

Thanks Doug. Definitely didn’t plan on getting into the door post, but better to get all the rust out now. Pretty sure I can save the passenger post and only replace the kick panel. Will see when I dig into it this weekend.

Comment

Great work on the metal.

Comment

Thank you. Learning as I go. Not to bad so far. Just taking longer than I had planned. Passenger side should be quicker.

Comment

Looks great! You're doing a great job.

Comment

Kind of in the same spot with mine...….I couldn't figure out the "black" door post, spent the extra and got the 2 piece.... Looks good. What's the approach on that inner rocker?
                    Brad
                    Chico, Ca.

Comment

That is a lot of work!! I like the floor panel. I replaced mine about 20 years ago and got a cheap panel that didn't have the ribs in it. I definitely regret not doing it right. My floors are uncovered and am contemplating redoing it.
                      Kyle
                      Aptos
                      1967 EB, 5.8, AOD, Stak 5.22, 37's, Dana44/9" w/ARBs 5.13s, 3.5" WH SL, 2" BL, 4wheel disc hydroboost, wristed.

Comment

Brad, not sure what your asking regarding the inner fender. My inner fender was rotted out where it met the kick panel and a small spot at the front. I just cut those out and welded in a patch.

Comment

Was able to finish up the passenger side this past week and weekend. Saved the door post with a patch, new kick panel, repaired the cowl corner, and patched the inner fender.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by M_luther; 03-01-2020, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Looks good Sir! When you get it all done, are you painting everything or undercoating, both... or maybe you haven't have time to think that far ahead?

Comment

For now I will probably just paint.

Comment

Decided to move the glove box over so it will clear my roll bar. Ran out of wire for the welder so didn’t get to finish.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X