Project Crawlin68

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Project Crawlin68

Hey Patrick, I could not find it in your thread, but are you running 2 or 2.5 inch Coilovers in the rear?
    What spring rate did you end up with?
    Mark Harris
    71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

What do you think he has? Mr. Overkill. Of coarse he went with 2.5

Comment

Originally posted by welndmn View Post
        Hey Patrick, I could not find it in your thread, but are you running 2 or 2.5 inch Coilovers in the rear?
        What spring rate did you end up with?
        I am running the King 2.5 x 16 in the rear. 250 lb upper and 350 lb lower main spring rates. 2.5 x 4 king bump stops.

Originally posted by Rockbronco67 View Post
        What do you think he has? Mr. Overkill. Of coarse he went with 2.5
        Ha Ha Ha, you so funny! But you're right!

Comment

Oops!

Well since I screwed up and posted, might as well ask... Anything new with the Bronco?
          Last edited by reynard101; 09-25-2010, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Well it's only been almost 4 years sense I posted in this thread. LOL! I started a hard top project today. It's a little rough, but with some rust repair, window tint removal, body work and paint, I think it'll clean up real nice. Thanks again Jeff for the hook up!! I've never had a hard top on my Bronco in all of the years that I've owned it, but so far I'm kinda diggin it! And it should keep me much warmer on some snow runs this winter.
            Attached Files

Comment

I wish I kept mine too. May try to grab another of winter runs and the ability to park her in the back yard.

Comment

Looks good Patrick.
                Marc D.
                If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Nice... doors in your future too?
                  What color are you thinking for the top? Keeping it the stock white, matching the body or something else? I don't know which way to go with mine whenever I finally get a top. White works decently well with yours but gray to match your liner or black to match your accessories would be nice too.
                  1970 Bronco
                  My build thread

Comment

I like it........................................
                    73 Bronco 302 C4 3 1/2 2" 5.14 9"/d44 d20 37"

Comment

Originally posted by CityHick View Post
                      Nice... doors in your future too?
                      What color are you thinking for the top? Keeping it the stock white, matching the body or something else? I don't know which way to go with mine whenever I finally get a top. White works decently well with yours but gray to match your liner or black to match your accessories would be nice too.
                      I was thinking of painting the top the stock wimbelton white color. And yes, doors are in the near future too. I have my original doors that came on the Bronco. I've just never done anything with them. They just need some welding and rust repair and then a total rebuild of the regulators, glass, felt, etc.... I actually test fit the drivers door yesterday and it doesn't line up in the door opening at all. I am a bit puzzeled as to how to make this thing fit properly. They are the original doors that were on my Bronco, so they have to fit back on there somehow.

Comment

Doors are a serious pain in the arse. I have been fighting with mine for months, they do not line up and I'm almost convinced they probably never lined up from the factory.

I know that I likely tweaked mine a little when redoing the floor panels and installing the body lift. You've done some "tweaking" on yours too, it takes a lot of patience.

Keep at it and let's go wheeling again soon. It's been a while man!
                        1970 Bronco
                        My build thread

Comment

I had to shim the body mounts to get my doors to fit .
                          75 302 c4 marlin crawler 20 44&9" 4.56 arb's 35"mtrs

Comment

Originally posted by GREMLIN View Post
                            I had to shim the body mounts to get my doors to fit .
                            Yeah, I did that and got the gaps all good when I just hold the door up to the opening. But when I bolt the door to the hinges, the door is a good 1/2 and inch too far towards the back of the bronco. So I have about 1/2 gap on the front vertical line of the door and it won't close because the door is too far back. I can't figure out how to get the door moved forward that 1/2 inch. I am beginning to wonder if my hinges are bent? But those are the same stock hinges that were on my bronco when I bought it and I've never taken off. So they are in the exact position they were when I took the doors off. Argh!!!

Comment

TUB door opening grew, Happens when we wheel without the doors. I wonder if mine will even fit now.
                              Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                              After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

My soft doors don't even fit because of that. I think the bronco grows over time in the middle like the owner.

Comment

Working...
                                X