Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Project Crawlin68

Looks like crap!! Good job Pat!!!
    72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
    BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
    RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

Now you should put some speed holes in it to really lighten it up. Looks good. I wish my York install would be that simple.
      Marc D.
      If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Originally posted by CityHick View Post
        Patrick, that looks really good! That bracket is EXACTLY what I tried to make work with my Econoline PS bracket and a York compressor on my 351w, but I simply did not have the room as my engine is just a little taller and wider than your 302-based engine is.

One day I'm going to figure out how to run a York compressor on mine... but for now my Sanden works pretty well.

BTW - is that a remote reservoir power steering pump? If so, I like it and will be copying that probably before the summer. That would make things a little more workable in my engine bay.
        Yeah, the PSC pump is a remote res set up. I just don't have the remote res installed yet. What was in your way when you were trying to install your York? You have the same engine block as I do and the same PS bracket from the Van. Was it hitting your PS pump?

Comment

Originally posted by earlybronco72 View Post
          Now you should put some speed holes in it to really lighten it up. Looks good. I wish my York install would be that simple.
          LOL, I actually am thinking of drilling some holes in it!

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
            LOL, I actually am thinking of drilling some holes in it!
            Then you better get out the dimple dies too! Cant have lightening holes with out dimples!
            1969 EB, 88 Speed density EFI 302, HP D44 front w/ARB, Radius arm long arm, NP435, D20, D60 w/power lock rear, 4link rear with 4" stretch, Front and rear bumpers made by me.

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
              Yeah, the PSC pump is a remote res set up. I just don't have the remote res installed yet. What was in your way when you were trying to install your York? You have the same engine block as I do and the same PS bracket from the Van. Was it hitting your PS pump?
              You have a 347 stroker based on a 302, right? I have a 351w which has a taller deck height which in turn makes the engine a little wider and taller. I was not able to mount the pump and have enough clearance for my (stock) hood to close, and I think when I had it nearly low enough, it was sitting way too far over towards the inner fender. Its been a while and I don't remember the exact problem, but it did not work.

I like that PSC pump... I'm assuming you can basically mount the reservoir anywhere that you can run a hose to, right?
              1970 Bronco
              My build thread

Comment

Yeah, as long as the res is above the pump so the fluid can drain down into the pump, your good. It gave me enough room to mount the York plus the remote res gives you more fluid capacity too.

Comment

Lookin' sharp Patrick! Once I get through all the projects I've got stacked up already (at the rate I'm going probably be a couple years!), I'm gonna see what it'll take to mount a serp driven York on my Exploder setup. Prob a remote reservoir and some inner fender trimming, OR maybe I just need to lay off the glass pipe...
                  sigpicRoad trips on an island get boring after the 1st lap...

Comment

Pat.
                    This build is done! Moderaters please close thread. hahaha
                    {o===o}
                    Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                    EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
                    Originally posted by CityHick
                    I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Only a 1/4" thick, man your slipping. I thought for sure it would be at least 1/2".

Comment

Originally posted by Rockbronco67 View Post
                        Only a 1/4" thick, man your slipping. I thought for sure it would be at least 1/2".
                        Hahahaha, I was actually eyeing a piece of 3/8 plate that I have laying in the garage, but I decided to go with the 1/4 inch.

Comment

Originally posted by SonicDonkey View Post
                          Then you better get out the dimple dies too! Cant have lightening holes with out dimples!
                          MAN do I WISH I had a set of those!!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 View Post
                          Pat.
                          This build is done! Moderaters please close thread. hahaha
                          Ha Ha, you so funny!

Comment

Have you drove it yet? Can't tell from the pic but wondering if there will be enough belt on the power steering pulley ? I like how it all looks and would even trim my fender if it would work on my 5.8.
                            Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                            After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco Brian View Post
                              Have you drove it yet? Can't tell from the pic but wondering if there will be enough belt on the power steering pulley ? I like how it all looks and would even trim my fender if it would work on my 5.8.
                              No I haven't driven it yet. The PS pump shouldn't be that hard to turn, even with a load on it, but time will tell.
                              Last edited by crawlin68; 03-01-2010, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CityHick View Post
                                You have a 347 stroker based on a 302, right? I have a 351w which has a taller deck height which in turn makes the engine a little wider and taller. I was not able to mount the pump and have enough clearance for my (stock) hood to close, and I think when I had it nearly low enough, it was sitting way too far over towards the inner fender. Its been a while and I don't remember the exact problem, but it did not work.

I like that PSC pump... I'm assuming you can basically mount the reservoir anywhere that you can run a hose to, right?
                                I don't want to hi-jack your thread but from all of the stuff I've read, you can run your york on it's side. By the way nice clean bracket,fits like a glove. Some flames and pinstriping would look Fantastic on it.(sarcasim)
                                sigpic68' 351W ,Nothing stock except transfer case:

Comment

Working...
                                X