No announcement yet.

70 Sport resto/mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheels look fabulous Tony, but then I am biased. As for the shocks, yeah... Told ya.. It's difficult to grasp the difference between good gas charged monotube shocks and everything else until you bolt them on and go hammer some bumps. I noted that on FB you were pondering tire pressures. The shop that installed my BFG All Terrain KO2 in LT315/70R17 size inflated them to 45 psi. That was ridiculous. I dropped them to 35, then 30, now at 26. Bueno.
    1970, Exploder 5.0 with P heads, EEC-IV EDIS, lots of wiring.

Originally posted by CityHick
    I suddenly feel rich and feel the need to dump more cash into my Bronco.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lars View Post
      Wheels look fabulous Tony, but then I am biased. As for the shocks, yeah... Told ya.. It's difficult to grasp the difference between good gas charged monotube shocks and everything else until you bolt them on and go hammer some bumps. I noted that on FB you were pondering tire pressures. The shop that installed my BFG All Terrain KO2 in LT315/70R17 size inflated them to 45 psi. That was ridiculous. I dropped them to 35, then 30, now at 26. Bueno.
      Thanks, Lars. I thought that you might like those.
      I am now spending time online looking for new ideas of places to take it in the spring/summer. With this unseasonably warm weather my mind is definitely wandering.
      1970 Bronco
      My build thread

Comment

• Your new wheel and tire combo look fantastic Tony, And I am sure the new shocks do not disappoint either! We need to plan a Coyote Lake trip this summer for sure!

Comment

• Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
          Your new wheel and tire combo look fantastic Tony, And I am sure the new shocks do not disappoint either! We need to plan a Coyote Lake trip this summer for sure!
          I would love that. Been way too long! My only request is that we do it for more than just one night. A Friday-Sunday trip would be great, or Friday-Monday. Whatever works best for all.
          1970 Bronco
          My build thread

Comment

• Originally posted by CityHick View Post

I would love that. Been way too long! My only request is that we do it for more than just one night. A Friday-Sunday trip would be great, or Friday-Monday. Whatever works best for all.
            I agree, two nights for sure. They typically open the trial in July. So lets look at weekend after that and make it happen.

Comment

• Wheels look good!
              Attached Files
              {o===o}
              Originally posted by TBS-POPS
              EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
              Originally posted by CityHick
              I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

• Do you happen to know the part number or lengths of the Bilstein's?
                1973 Bronco Ranger - 302, C4, Dana 20, Dana 44 front, 9 inch rear, 3.55 gears, 35" MTR's on Allied Beadlocks, 3.5" Wild Horses lift

Comment

• Originally posted by GloNDark2 View Post
                  Do you happen to know the part number or lengths of the Bilstein's?
                  Offhand, no. I used a friend's forklift to flex the suspension without shocks installed, took measurements for full extension and full compression. I ordered shocks to match my results. My mounts are likely different than yours are, so I'd recommend that you do the same kind of measuring. Then take your measurements and compare with what's offered by WH and whoever else sells them.

I also built custom bump stops since the "off the shelf" units from the vendors do NOTHING when installed on the rear. Also given that my front axle differs from the norm, I had to get custom there as well. You do not want to bottom out these expensive shocks!

For valving I did 360/80 front and rear. Some say you can get by with softer valving on the rear since it is leaf sprung, but I have no complaints.

1970 Bronco
                  My build thread

Comment

• Tom's Bronco Parts recently offered free shipping, so I ordered a pair of their bucket seats. They came in just a couple of days and I installed them this past week. Finally replaced my old PRP suspension seats. I like them quite a bit, though I've not yet devised a new way to mount the seat belts (buckle side). My floor is a bit "custom" and so I wasn't able to use their supplied brackets without modification. I did some cutting, welding, grinding, and imagining, and got things set up the way I like them.

It was between a pair of seats and a new rear bumper... perhaps if they offer free shipping again I'll get a bumper next time. I am working to eliminate annoyances in my rig, slowly it's getting where I want it to be. Of course the other thing I need to do is invent the time to actually take it out and use it. Until then, its still a nice grocery getter and dog hauler...

I was going to finish up the final details today, but a long lost friend showed up in town and it was nice to catch up. And as usual I have other conflicting plans for what remains of this weekend, so I'll get back to this again... someday.

1970 Bronco
                    My build thread

Comment

• Originally posted by CityHick View Post
                      Tom's Bronco Parts recently offered free shipping, so I ordered a pair of their bucket seats. They came in just a couple of days and I installed them this past week. Finally replaced my old PRP suspension seats. I like them quite a bit, though I've not yet devised a new way to mount the seat belts (buckle side). My floor is a bit "custom" and so I wasn't able to use their supplied brackets without modification. I did some cutting, welding, grinding, and imagining, and got things set up the way I like them.

It was between a pair of seats and a new rear bumper... perhaps if they offer free shipping again I'll get a bumper next time. I am working to eliminate annoyances in my rig, slowly it's getting where I want it to be. Of course the other thing I need to do is invent the time to actually take it out and use it. Until then, its still a nice grocery getter and dog hauler...

I was going to finish up the final details today, but a long lost friend showed up in town and it was nice to catch up. And as usual I have other conflicting plans for what remains of this weekend, so I'll get back to this again... someday.
                      Oh man, those look great in there!! Nice!
                      1973 Bronco Ranger - 302, C4, Dana 20, Dana 44 front, 9 inch rear, 3.55 gears, 35" MTR's on Allied Beadlocks, 3.5" Wild Horses lift

Comment

Working...
                      X