70 Sport resto/mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 70 Sport resto/mod

I had to go back through my order history on summit's website but I believe these are the fittings needed:

5/8-18 male inverted flare to -6AN:
    http://www.summitracing.com/parts/AER-FBM2964

1/2-20 male inverted flare to male -6AN:
    http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EAR-961946ERL

Pump pressure fitting adaptor - 16mm x 1.5 0-ring male to male -6AN:
    http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EAR-961955ERL
    1970 Bronco
    My build thread

Comment

Thanks!
      73 Bronco 302 C4 3 1/2 2" 5.14 9"/d44 d20 37"

Comment

Originally posted by CityHick View Post
        For anybody who is curious... the new AGR pump made an amazing difference in my ability to steer aired down 37" tires in the rocks with the front locker engaged. In all honesty, the idea of adding ram assist is so far off my radar screen now its not even funny. I felt like my tires were pushing rocks around instead of being pushed around by the rocks this past weekend on Coyote Lake. The AGR Pump was worth the money and the time to install it, my rig now has amazing power steering off road!
        I like what I hear.... Question though.

Does the ARG pump high pressure fitting have the same thread/pitch as the saginaw? (low pressure was a hose and hose clamp)

I know there are two style of fitting for sag pumps, Flared and o-ring. I currently have a flared pump.
        Last edited by 71BRONCO71; 07-10-2012, 02:09 PM.
        {o===o}
        Originally posted by TBS-POPS
        EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
        Originally posted by CityHick
        I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Ryan, the AGR pump that I ordered is nothing more than a Saginaw "canned ham" pump that they worked their magic on when they rebuilt it. It ships without the reservoir, so you pull your old pump and insert the new one into the same canister/housing.

They have multiple part numbers but I believe the "split" between the metric o-ring fitting and the SAE flared fitting is 1980/81. Pre is SAE, post is Metric. Give them a call, he'll answer your question(s) for sure and give you the correct part number so that you can order it from Summit for overnight/cheap shipping.

So far so good... smooth quiet operation with 400-500 on/off road miles now.
          1970 Bronco
          My build thread

Comment

Some of you have undoubtedly seen my track bar mount failure. I finally got to weld the new mount in today and bolt it all together. I am happy to say the rig is back up and operational. Drove it around the block a few times, then down to the hardware store. So far so good. Almost all of my problems that popped up during/since the last trip have been corrected. I am now debating whether or not to take a day or two to enjoy a running rig, or to tear into the transfer case to figure out why it refuses to engage the front low gear. Rear low is no problem, front high/low works too. Front+Rear low is damn near impossible.

Anyway... the new track bar mount is double shear. The rear mount is 2x2" .25 wall square tubing, gusseted in two directions and a whole lot of welds holding it down. Some are not the prettiest but welding upside down in tight quarters isn't my strong suit. The front mount is a piece of .25" flat stock, 3" wide and 6" or so tall. A 3/4" grade 8 bolt passes through the whole assembly and there are no threads in shear.

All seems very solid, but I want to go beat the heck out of my front suspension at Carnegie or somewhere before I go anywhere far again. I figure both mounts on their own are stronger than the failed mount from before, and now there are two mounts. Hopefully this is the last time I deal with this!

Thanks to dblue351 for contributing some of this material. Dave I need to stop by sometime and give you what I didn't use, and perhaps a sixer of the adult beverage of your choice.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by CityHick; 07-28-2012, 03:40 PM.
            1970 Bronco
            My build thread

Comment

Thanks to dblue351 for contributing some of this material. Dave I need to stop by sometime and give you what I didn't use, and perhaps a sixer of the adult beverage of your choice.
              So you're going to keep my material?
              {o===o}
              Originally posted by TBS-POPS
              EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
              Originally posted by CityHick
              I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 View Post
                So you're going to keep my material?
                Man I didn't think I was old enough to lose my marbles yet... almost forgot I had your stuff too. I still have yours but don't know where you live. I'd be glad to drop it off sometime with the same payment that Dave got. I didn't even use any of yours! I do appreciate you stopping by that day though.

1970 Bronco
                My build thread

Comment

Looks like a beefy mount Tony. Did you tear your old one off at some point?

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
                    Looks like a beefy mount Tony. Did you tear your old one off at some point?
                    The old mount cracked at some point during my Coyote Lake trip earlier this month. I didn't notice it until I got home and I know for certain it wasn't cracked prior to the trip. Scares the heck out of me knowing I drove a couple hundred miles with it cracked like that... first pic shows the damage. Very weird crack too - the crack ran down to the bolt hole then curved around the bolt hole. That is what saved my bacon... if it cracked through that hole I'd have ended up on my lid on the freeway.

That trip was hard on my rig but finally convinced me I need EFI. My transfer case also won't shift into low range (on the front output anyway). Most other issues that popped up are fixed now though. Hoping the t-case is something easy otherwise I'm probably down for the season.
                    1970 Bronco
                    My build thread

Comment

I've decided that my Bronco is long overdue to be shown some love so in the past few weeks I've jumped back in with both feet.

Project #1 has been in the works a long time; I'm finally working on the doors and they are just about ready for some more of that Orange shiny stuff. If the weather cooperates I'll be shooting paint onto them pretty soon. Right now the body work is almost done and they are sealed with some epoxy primer/sealer. They need just a little more block sanding and then it'll be game on for paint. I am looking very forward to having a Bronco that I can drive more comfortably in cooler/wetter weather. A top will come at some point too. Pictures below.

Project #2 (at long last) is converting my 351w to EFI. The Bronco Gods have smiled favorably upon me lately; I was made aware of a 93 Lightning lower intake manifold for considerably less than Ebay prices. That set the wheels into motion and I've since acquired an Explorer upper manifold, fuel rails, throttle body, mass air sensor, and miscellaneous other parts. A friend tonight gave me a set of very low mile used 19lb injectors and a high pressure external fuel pump (a Ford OEM part, unsure which exactly but the same exact model feeds his injected 347 without issue).

It feels good to be working on the beast again. I plan to buy a new(er) commute friendly car and then possibly downsize the fleet getting rid of my pickup truck. The goal is to have the Bronco be a viable second car... EFI and real doors will get me a bit closer to that. But anyway, a few pictures below.
                      Attached Files
                      1970 Bronco
                      My build thread

Comment

Well the weather got cold and I've put the door painting project on hold until after my EFI conversion is done. Doesn't quite seem as daunting a task when I choose to focus on just one Bronco project.

So... December 31st 2012 was the last day my Bronco ran as a carbureted vehicle. The Qjet, intake manifold, and Duraspark distributor are out. I picked up a brand new TFI distributor (1988 Bronco 5.8L distributor with cast iron drive gear since I still have a flat tappet cam). Lightning lower manifold is installed with FelPro gaskets at the advice of Crawlin68 and others. Torqued down to spec in sequence. Ended up buying another torque wrench in this process too.

Today I ordered a wiring harness from Summit. Summit part number SUM-890120. Seems to be a good, complete harness that will cover most of my needs.

I still need an A9L computer and a new MAF sensor. Also need a thermostat and miscellaneous gaskets, etc. I should have most of the parts that I need pretty soon and may host an EFI help day (beer/pizza/etc). I need to mount the electric fuel pump and run a return line, all of which will be done by said build day...

Anyway, a few pictures of my mess are attached.
                        Attached Files
                        1970 Bronco
                        My build thread

Comment

hahaha that pic is classic. Looks good man, can't wait to see how this turns out.
                          1973 Bronco Ranger - 302, C4, Dana 20, Dana 44 front, 9 inch rear, 3.55 gears, 35" MTR's on Allied Beadlocks, 3.5" Wild Horses lift

Comment

who builds that harness? I ask because the RJM only allows you length to mount computer above heater which is NFG if you need to get to it. I modified a mustang harness and mounted my computer under drivers side with the harness running above the brake-clutch mount. That summit harness looks long enough to mount it there. Curious if that will work?
                            Attached Files
                            Relativity: Where ever you go, there you are.

Comment

Pretty sure this is not an RJM harness. The only markings I've found on it so far are from Summit but I'm sure its a rebrand from someone else. I opened the box it came in and took a quick look at it yesterday. It's pretty nice - my only complaint so far is that they loomed it up tight and any re-arranging will be a little difficult (namely - the battery leads go to the wrong side of the engine bay). Minor details though. My plan is to mount the computer to the bottom of my tuffy glove box. It came with a second box of fuses and relays which I also want to mount nearby that location.
                              1970 Bronco
                              My build thread

Comment

Pretty sure this is not an RJM harness. The only markings I've found on it so far are from Summit but I'm sure its a rebrand from someone else. I opened the box it came in and took a quick look at it yesterday. It's pretty nice - my only complaint so far is that they loomed it up tight and any re-arranging will be a little difficult (namely - the battery leads go to the wrong side of the engine bay). Minor details though. My plan is to mount the computer to the bottom of my tuffy glove box. It came with a second box of fuses and relays which I also want to mount nearby that location.
                                How about a picture of the harness for us curious folks Tony?
                                2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
                                1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
                                2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Working...
                                X