Tube Door Upgrade!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tube Door Upgrade!

Decided I didn't want to squeeze speakers into the dash and got to thinking... why not the tube doors? I fit up a piece of 1.75 tubing (same as the door material) at an angle then welded two 16ga. plates to finish the speaker box enclosure. I also drilled two holes in the door to hide the speaker wire for that extra clean look! The speakers are Pioneer 5.5 rounds, and they really made a difference in sound.
    Attached Files
    Leave No One Behind
    KK6AUW

Re: Tube Door Upgrade!

Damn nice!
    sigpicRoad trips on an island get boring after the 1st lap...

Comment

And you put door latches on too... NICE!!! It looks good!
      SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Nice!!!
        72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

Why didn't I think of that??? Nice man!
          1970 Bronco
          My build thread

Comment

Are thes the only two speakers or are you running more?

Comment

nice!
              '68- 302 C4 x D20, Dana 30 x 9" stock gears, 33" pavement pounders, 3-1/2" suspension lift 0 body lift, wishlist getting bigger, wallet getting smaller

Comment

Very nice! My list keeps getting longer.

Comment

Originally posted by ProudPapa View Post
                  Decided I didn't want to squeeze speakers into the dash and got to thinking... why not the tube doors? I fit up a piece of 1.75 tubing (same as the door material) at an angle then welded two 16ga. plates to finish the speaker box enclosure. I also drilled two holes in the door to hide the speaker wire for that extra clean look! The speakers are Pioneer 5.5 rounds, and they really made a difference in sound.
                  I was looking at you 3rd pic and boom! Great place for the NCB decal!

Comment

Very nice.
                    75 sport 302 c4 full width 44 front 9 rear let the building begin

Comment

Just takin' a second look at these and would seem a guy could run the cross tube down a tad lower and even squeeze a nice 6"x9" in there!
                      sigpicRoad trips on an island get boring after the 1st lap...

Comment

Thats sweet!
                        Vacaville, Ca
                        67 EB - D44, BB 9" (4:56's), front discs, Wristed arm, 5.5" + 2" BL, 37" MTR's on Hellcats, 302/NP435/D20, Bilsteins, Mastercraft Rubicons w/4pt's

Comment

Originally posted by Rockbronco67 View Post
                          Are thes the only two speakers or are you running more?
                          No Matt. I have a set of 6x9"s above the rear wheel wells. Can't hear them too well on the freeway and now its much better!
                          Leave No One Behind
                          KK6AUW

Comment

Nice!
                            Did you have to stuff the mounts to get rid of any echos?
                            Mark Harris
                            71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

Those must be shallow mount speakers...I can't believe the mag. doesn't hit the sheet metal?? Nice job though! More stereo sound is always a plus!
                              70 Bronco, 5.0, ARB front 44, Detroit 9in Rear, Dana 20 w/ Rock Eaters, NP435, Beadlocked 36X13.5 IROXS

2001 F-250, triple gauges, ATO Tranny, 35 SST's, line-x, bully dogged!

Comment

Working...
                              X