No announcement yet.

My ZF build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK we are mocked in, I am trying to measure for the rear driveshaft. Anybody running the same setup? I measured 26" from yoke to yoke. Sound right? I have about a 3.5" lift.

Things to do:
    POR 15 frame
    install shifters

Pics for the needy....
    Attached Files
    71 Bronco
    EFI, ZF, Atlas 4.3, 35" BFG's, Explorer serp, hydroboost, 4 wheel disks, Lars Bars, Protofab bumpers, Warn winch,
    Mastercraft seats.

Build thread

ZF swap

Comment

Re: My ZF build

Just wanted to bump this to the top. A few of us are working on ZF swaps at this time.
      Originally posted by TBS-POPS
      After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

yep, good read...
        68 Slightly modified
        67 LUBR once again
        61 Willy Wagon

Comment

sounds like u are on the right track
          72 BRONCO,still building.

Comment

Updates? did you end up rebuilding the tranny or just hope for the best and rebuild if need be
            {o===o}
            Originally posted by TBS-POPS
            EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
            Originally posted by CityHick
            I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

I still plan on rebuilding it...sometimes I can't get into reverse... usually not a problem untill you are stuck up against a huge rock. But it works great most of the time.

It is not the perfect daily driver trans. First is too low to use on the street and I usually dont get into fifth around town. It is a lot like a 3 speed. But first is there when I need it (along with a 4.3 atlas) and the overdrive is great on the freeway.

When I replace my tired 302 it will get a rebuild. Until then it works great!
              71 Bronco
              EFI, ZF, Atlas 4.3, 35" BFG's, Explorer serp, hydroboost, 4 wheel disks, Lars Bars, Protofab bumpers, Warn winch,
              Mastercraft seats.

Build thread

ZF swap

Comment

Working...
              X