Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 351w Explorer Serp conversion

Originally posted by badtothebone View Post
    Does anyone have any ideas about converting a explorer harmonic balancer from 50oz to 28oz (I am building a 347), or buying a new 28oz balancer and adapting a new pulley to it?
    I can't seem to find a shop that can adjust the balancer ala carte. I don't want to add weight to the crank, I just want to be able to install "replacement parts" in case I decide in the future to run a different front end.

Thanks in advance

Mark
    You can buy aftermarket 28oz balancers that have both 3 and 4 bolt pulley patterns, as well as 3 sets of timing marks. I have one made by Professional Products on my 1975 302. Now I am building a 351w and bought a 50 oz balancer from the same company, very nice piece!!!
    SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by Delta 4 Wheel View Post
      I love this pump. I runs my 40's with no issues at all. I never get even a whine from it. We'll see how it will run the hydro boost too. I have heard that this pump is one of ford's best yet.
      Do you guys still like this pump? Delta why are you switching to PSC?
      KK6DAD
      70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Because is has very low flow and pressure. Most I have talked with are burning these up when pushing them,. I cant fawking turn at all when in 4 wheel drive, although pretty good in 2wd. Since I am switching to ram, and with my existing hydroboost, no way the stock would hold up. PSC said the MAX 3.2 they get out if the stock isn't going to be enough and the 4.7 from the new one will perform way better. I dont know, but I sure dont want to do the job twice!
        “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Working...
        X