X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bronctoberfest resurrection

Originally posted by 14Justice View Post
    I'm on shift that weekend. Dang it!
    Well don't let that stop you! Heck, Palo Alto is "just over the mountain a bit" as the crow flies anyway. Head up 152/156 to the coast, up Highway 1 to Page Mill, down the slalom and voila! You're back at work.
    You could show up after shift Saturday and be there in time for Sunday.

See? Piece of cake. No sleep maybe, but lots of cake!

Paul
    Wild Horses 4-Wheel Drive
    www.wildhorses4x4.com

71 U15 3.5" WH lift, Hanson rear, cut w/33" Swamper Thornbirds
    68 U15 2.5" WH lift, Hanson front, uncut w/31 BFG Explorer engine/trans

Comment

Originally posted by TieWire View Post
      I would say each rig pays.
      And double for Buick Regals?

Can't wheel it, but will try to come by Saturday to say howdy. Maybe even turn it into a beer run if you're already running low?

Paul
      www.wildhorses4x4.com

Comment

Bronco is down so I can't commit

Comment

The response is weak! If we cannot commit in a few days I'll make other plans.
          “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Originally posted by Delta 4 Wheel View Post
            The response is weak! If we cannot commit in a few days I'll make other plans.
            I agree!!
            69, 7" lift,D-44 with air locker, 9" 35 spl full floater with a locker, 4-wheel disc, custom paint, one off custom mods, Hanson bumpers and side protection, 35's on Champion beadlocks.

Comment

So tell me, what is Hollister really like? I am not a huge fan of park settings but never having been there I can't judge. It looks like there is some fun to be had, but I really turn up my nose on most designated campgrounds.
              My Bronco is basically ready and I do want to get out again. I need to pull a couple of wheels and investigate some leaks, and find the leak in my onboard air setup, and a couple of other maintenance items.

Ken, I really like your Slickrock idea better - if this trip falls apart then perhaps I'll caravan up there with you if you wouldn't mind. This late in the season, camping down on the trail near the bridge is probably a real option. So much of the area around Utica is either closed or way too built up now.
              1970 Bronco
              My build thread

Comment

So are we considering this idea dissolved?
                72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

Is this still happening? Just have to send out my PS Box to get rebuilt. If it's still happening I'm in.
                  House of Diesel on Facebook
                  http://www.facebook.com/pages/House-...53145751393079

Comment

Hollister can be a lot of fun CityHick. It's not "great" but it's a good place to test new mods before heading out for real, and is a nice place to hang out with friends and zip out for a quick trail ride or hill climb. OR to do Tank Trap!
                    It's all good basically. Surprising too how long you can stay out on trails before heading back to camp. Some days just fly by out in the boonies and the obstacle course watching others play around. Especially fun sometimes showing the new kids the ropes.

Nice area basically.
                    Ok camping mostly, with some very sweet spots too. Even has real trees and everything!
                    Almost forgot the wild pigs that roam around and look at you sideways and laugh because you didn't bring your gun.

Many of you guys are used to some pretty serious wheeling, and trips that take you into the back of nowhere. This isn't like that, but it's still fun and a good central spot to go for a group. I thought it was a good idea to have the event there, but I'm biased since it's closer to me than most areas and let's me get away from the peeps (down to one peep now) without going too far away for a quick return if needed.

Can get hot, but hot days just make it nicer to hang under a tree with friends.

Paul
                    www.wildhorses4x4.com

Comment

• Re: Bronctoberfest resurrection

You have first come first serve camping on the motorcycle side for camping (nicer) and a one minute drive to the 4x4 side. You don't need to collect money from everyone and day trippers may be more tempted to go. You accomplish the same goal. From the bush in JV
                      67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
                      69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
                      69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
                      79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
                      67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

A couple are going to be camping overnight whether there's an official event or not.
                        I'll be there Saturday to play, along with (hopefully) slow poke, if his schedule allows.

Hope others decide to use it as a fun day/weekend either way. Whether reserved or first-come, it should be a fun time.

Paul
                        www.wildhorses4x4.com

Comment

I'll be out too at some point. Just got the PSC box back this morning. Thing was bent to hell inside from the Frame Twister at TTC. lol Just have to throw it in tonight and flush the system. Not sure what time I'll be out Saturday or Sunday, but whenever I can fit it in between the kids Football and Cheer. See some of ya out there.
                          House of Diesel on Facebook
                          http://www.facebook.com/pages/House-...53145751393079

Comment

I'd say this is dead

Comment

Working...
                            X