Bronctoberfest resurrection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bronctoberfest resurrection

You know you all want to do it we just need to get the conversation started. Well......... When and where? I was thinking Oct 10-12. Just a thought. I know it's a lot to have that many broncos and people at someone's house ( by the way tbspops your awesome for dealing with it as long as you did). Open to ideas. I'll head it up if necessary but if someone up north want to do it take it.... Let's do this!

There seems to be to main options Hollister or Prarie City. Both are great options! Let me know what park. So far votes are
    Hollister: 10
    Prairie City:7
    Last edited by TieWire; 08-21-2014, 08:22 PM. Reason: edit votes

Re: Bronctoberfest resurrection

Hollister is a little far for me. I would vote for Prairie City.

Comment

Praire City would work well, they have shaded areas with tables, bathrooms, plenty of space for RV/trailers and a spot to wheel! If we got something going we would just need to reserve it with them for over night stuff for those who would camp.
      Leave No One Behind
      KK6AUW

Comment

I vote for Prairie City too.
        Originally posted by TBS-POPS
        After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

I would love for Bronctoberfest to resume. I would be open for Hollister or Prairie City, but would like to toss another idea into the ring. PiPi Valley up off of Highway 88. A little farther up into the hills; camping available (dispersed vs. designated), maybe a little more scenic? Never been there myself but I have heard good things about staying there. Not super hardcore 4-wheeling but that's okay if it lets people in lesser equipped rigs join (Ahem... the LUBr crowd).

My memories of Prairie City was a pretty flat, dry, bland spot but maybe I'm misremembering... just trying to think of options.
          1970 Bronco
          My build thread

Comment

Sounds like a good time I would be interested in doing something like this.

Comment

Banner is avaliable. Pipi is too far up the hill tony. People won't go that far for a day gig for those who don't stay over. PC is a good central location for all to get to. That's the problem with the participation for bronco de mayo. It's too far south.
              Frank Reins would almost be a great spot for a mid way gig. Probably would get more bay area peeps.
              Last edited by TBS-POPS; 05-10-2014, 02:32 PM.
              72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
              BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
              RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

Frank Raines would be cool too! Haven't been there in close to 20 years... that was a place I used to take my blazer to for overnight underage beer drinking "camping" trips with friends I worked with just out of High School. As I recall the camp area was fairly large and first come, first served.
                1970 Bronco
                My build thread

Comment

I've never been to any of these places.Prairie City seems to have the best variety of obstacles and from what people are saying its goodfor family events. Frank rain seems a little bit more scenic but is probably out of the way for most people.

I say we go with Prairie City on the 10th - 12th

Comment

I've never been to any of these places.but based on what people are saying and the all mighty google, Prairie City seems to be the best choice. It has a wide variety of obstacles and seems to support family events. However it seems to lack scenery and shade Frank rain seems a little bit more scenic and shady but is probably out of the way for most people.

I say we go with Prairie City on the 10th - 12th

Comment

Sounds like fun! Prairie city definitely has space and a little terrain to play on, and I have a place to stay only twenty minutes from there... which sounds a lot better than camping out in the middle of a dusty field (maybe I'm getting old). haha.
                      1970 Bronco
                      My build thread

Comment

Doesn't Hollister have an actual trail?
                        72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

Hollister has planty of flat camping areas that can reserved with flush toilets and fire pits, they have a wide varity of trails and three obstacle courses to play in. I vote Hollister.
                          69, 7" lift,D-44 with air locker, 9" 35 spl full floater with a locker, 4-wheel disc, custom paint, one off custom mods, Hanson bumpers and side protection, 35's on Champion beadlocks.

Comment

I would like to vote for Hollister as well. Good camping, lots of shade trees, trails and obstacles.

Comment

prairie city will provide a place to get together. Hollister will provide trails to wheel on. I vote Hollister.

Comment

Working...
                              X