Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BRONCO DE MAYO 2014, May 2,3, and 4

aka.... BDM2014
    Last year we canceled because the trail was closed for a period of time to protect the trail. The closure was unexpected and had never been done in the past that I know of. We are planning on BDM2014 happening anyhow. We will have a second plan (Jose Basin) ready, but the second plan will not be as good as Bald Mountain Trail.

Mark your calendars for May 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. The 3rd will be snow/dirt run up Bald Mountain (whatever the conditions, its a go). You can come in on Friday night with camping gear, trailers, RV's and enjoy a campfire night. Hot Coffee/Coco and pastries for breakfast, drive or trailer up to the trail head, wheel whatever conditions it will be, return to base camp for the 3 B's (BBQ, Beverages, and BS), and campfire festivities the second night. We will discuss the way the meal will go as we figure out how many broncple come. May should bring warmer temps for tent camping. Post up, and let the Clovis/Fresno crowd know if you will be apart of this trip.

Attendees:
    Cheesenip73 in
    RoadToad in
    TieWire out
    Crawlin68 in
    Trailbound Saturday night
    Bradical69 out
    Demesauce out
    ProudPapa in
    PDXBronco coming Saturday morning
    EL Rojo + maybe friend with new bronco
    Spaceburger out
    71BRONCO71 in
    Last edited by Cheesenip73; 05-02-2014, 04:14 PM. Reason: Attendance count.

Re: BRONCO DE MAYO 2014, May 2,3, and 4

I dont want to smoke the whole canyon again so my tranny will be fixed. I don't want to catch on fire either so the fuel leak in front of the carb will be fixed. I want to be able to move forward and backwards so I will make sure the linkage to the tranny is solid. I want to crawl so I will make sure my lockers ingage. I want communication so my CB will be installed......... I can go on

Comment

I'm in!!!! Whats Plan B? Jose? mud hole?

Comment

Jose. But we will need someone who has been there. You?

Comment

I'm not that familiar with Jose Basin but i know there are some nice rock gardens in there somewhere... i'll talk to some guys and see if I cant figure something out. It all comes down to how much snow we actually get and when it melts off. thought the trail is supposed to be close from date A to date B during the snow melt, if the trails are in good condition the rangers will open it.

Comment

It's a long way for me to travel to get there, but I'm in!! Can't wait.

Comment

I'm in, I'll bring pictures to prove I own a bronco and I'll probably show up in the Ferd.
              72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

Comment

I'm In!
                  1969 Ford Bronco: 90 EFI 5.0HO, NP435/NP203/D20, 4.11s, D44 w/Spartan Locker, 9" w/Detroit Locker, Lift: 3.5" Suspension, 3" body and 35" tires. Hydroboost, York On-Board Air.

Comment

Sounds awesome, totally in. Drove my Bronco to work this morning for the first time. Only 12 miles, but she ran like a champ!!!
                    1973 Ford Bronco: 3.5" suspension lift, 2" body lift, NP 435/D20. Holley Projection, 4.56 gears.

Comment

Fantastic, Probably no snow this year unless things really change. We will have lots of opportunities on the rocks though!

Comment

I will try and make this. Schedule will be iffy. Be a nice "early in" on the celebration of the big 5 0 on the 7th.....
                        1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Originally posted by blwngsket View Post
                          I will try and make this. Schedule will be iffy. Be a nice "early in" on the celebration of the big 5 0 on the 7th.....
                          Nice! I hope you can make it. it's always a good time.

Comment

Originally posted by blwngsket View Post
                            50 damn that is some old man status there.
                            72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

I thought he was putting a 5 0 on his 7th bronco.
                              Now we may need a B-day cake and sombreros.

Comment

Working...
                              X