Sunnyvale get together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunnyvale get together

I know this is very last minute. Those of you in the Bay Area, there will be a meet and greet tomorrow night at St Johns in Sunnyvale off Lawrence Expressway. There are a few of us from the Yahoo group getting together. We will be meeting around 5:30.

St Johns Bar and Grill
    510 Lawrence Expressway
    Sunnyvale
    Last edited by 14Justice; 03-11-2013, 06:05 PM.
    1969 Sport, 351 roller EFI, 4R70W, TEAM BLUE.

Re: Sunnyvale get together

Ttt

Comment

Great turnout in Sunnyvale this evening! It was real nice seeing everyone. Lots of Broncos to see. Thanks to everyone who showed up!

Comment

shoot!
        i never check this part of the page..and i see i missed the sunnyvale meet and greet

Comment

Yeah, I don't either. Luckily I was aware of it from the other side though!
          I think Brad even smartly brought it up in another unrelated thread in one of the top two sections too, so that might have put it out to more.
          In the past, when I've thought of it enough ahead of time, I put a plug in the Chat forum leading people over hear in case they missed it.

Had a great time too Brad! Thanks for letting us stragglers hang out at your shop after the chow and parking lot cruise too. Always good to see your rig, but to hear it run too was a bonus!

Did you count how many showed up? I'd say it was about 17 to 20 or so, with a good turnout of some very nice Broncos. A few who wanted to, didn't make it, so we were short a bit.
          Hey Henry, we missed you too since you don't work over at the plant any longer. Got to figure out another gig to get you back to the big city.

See you all again soon.
          Last edited by DirtDonk; 03-14-2013, 10:38 PM.
          Wild Horses 4-Wheel Drive
          www.wildhorses4x4.com

71 U15 3.5" WH lift, Hanson rear, cut w/33" Swamper Thornbirds
          68 U15 2.5" WH lift, Hanson front, uncut w/31 BFG Explorer engine/trans

Comment

Guess I need to scroll down and check this section more often. I work right around the corner and would've stopped by on the way home.

Comment

Rats! Sorry you missed it too. I even forgot to call our long-time Bronco friend CraigG, who also works right around the corner. Puts in long hours and doesn't check the site or his e-mails very often, and yet I still forget to give him a shout out.
              Now that we know you're nearby, maybe one of us will remember to say something. You're not far from 2 full-blown resto projects. We just need to do this more often.

Or not... I forget too many things these days!

Next time.
              Last edited by DirtDonk; 03-14-2013, 10:38 PM.
              www.wildhorses4x4.com

Comment

It was great hanging out and seeing you guys.

Maybe we can start an official M&G thread or something so everyone is aware than do the email too....?

Great turn out too for the Bronco's! Love it!

Till next time guys.
                What can I fix next?

Comment

Well, as long as nobody minds (much), I think we should just post up a quick thread in Chat each time there's a notice here in the Meeting Info section.
                  That way, it's still officially listed here, but there's a quick heads-up in the areas that most of us hang out in more often.

Sound reasonable? I think it would do the trick.
                  www.wildhorses4x4.com

Comment

Looks like our 4 month rotation is back up!
                    Next Wednesday July 31st at St John's again is looking like a go.

Will post up any more confirmations, but hold that evening open if you can.

You guys still listening?

Paul
                    www.wildhorses4x4.com

Comment

I'm in....

Comment

What time are you guys thinking?
                        1970 Bronco
                        My build thread

Comment

The "official" time is 5:30 to claim the room. A few of us will usually roll in about then, with the majority coming in at around 6 or so, with a few stragglers after that.
                          I think the last time we had some show up after 7 and still had a decent amount of time to hang out and talk Bronco.

In other words, get there when you can, but 5:30's the official start-time.

Paul
                          www.wildhorses4x4.com

Comment

Thanks Paul. If I get stuck at work late that day then that'll make a good diversion for me.
                            1970 Bronco
                            My build thread

Comment

Well, I think I'll drive mine to the event this time since it's so close. I drove it today and it drove horrible! But it has no shocks, needs an alignment and tires need re-balanced. Looking forward to Wednesday!

Comment

Working...
                              X