X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Delta 4 Wheel
    Nice truck...for a Chevy @!#%$$@$#$$!
    Watch what you say about her she is SENSITIVE about her low belly and wide a$$!
    Kevin
    71 EB 56K original miles stock for now!

73 EB/rock buggy 351W EFI, Art Car C-4 manual VB w/ comp braking, 37 MTR's, 4-Link F&R, Fox Air 16", Full Hydro and now it runs!

51 F1 PU with MII front end, T-Bird IRS

70 C10 SWB, 92 LT1 vett motor, 700R4, power everything, great driving street rig.

Comment

I'd love to hit the pedal on a nice wide corner with the tail just pitching sideways in that thing....

Gotta love speed. My Mother in law made a mistake and let me take her new Acura on a test drive this week end. A nice 140 mph zip up highway 33....for a mile or so. freaking sweet...full manual automatic. Shifting at 8K!
      “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

yea one of my other projects will be the Honda/Acura killer! 1964 VW Nothcback with a WRX Subby motor (efi and turbo for 315hp)and trans mounted mid engine on a street tube frame! Then we also have a 2004 mini cooper super charged 6spd(when she lets me drive it)! Yes speed is great in moderation. For those who don't know moderation is the area where the cops are not!

Kevin

73 EB/rock buggy 351W EFI, Art Car C-4 manual VB w/ comp braking, 37 MTR's, 4-Link F&R, Fox Air 16", Full Hydro and now it runs!

70 C10 SWB, 92 LT1 vett motor, 700R4, power everything, great driving street rig.

Comment

Dude! I am an old VW addict from the late 80's. My first 3 cars were a 70 Square, 65 Coupe and then a 62 Rag Top. If I wasn't so tall, I would be building another one...and oval rag...or an early convertable suitable for Santa Cruz...with a little 2441 tucked into it...
          “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Small world! I'm an old VW guy too. I built a few but my favorite one was my "59" rag top. I loved thing! Until it was stolen and stripped. Mother F*#@ers!!!!

Comment

Me too, built some sand rails and had 3 for the street, fav was the 63, lowered, perfect body, paint, interior and a 1776 with dual webers that ran perfect and pretty fast. I've always missed that car. Now I may have the "BUG" to build another.

Comment

I'd also love to build a slammed bus rag top. good luck finding one of those..

Patrick, bummer about your rag top. I traded mine for a Scirocco. Had to go water cooled didn't I...bad choice in hind sight..

Comment

I've always liked the 23 window buses with the safari windsheild, theres one in Woodland I asked the owner if he would sell, told me maybe after he died but not before. He has a ton of $$ in it, big ass engine, lowered, all disc brakes and all, show quality VW!

Comment

Originally posted by ACE
                    I've always liked the 23 window buses with the safari windsheild, theres one in Woodland I asked the owner if he would sell, told me maybe after he died but not before. He has a ton of $$ in it, big ass engine, lowered, all disc brakes and all, show quality VW!
                    I'd love that...

Comment

Originally posted by Delta 4 Wheel
                      I'd also love to build a slammed bus rag top. good luck finding one of those..

What color do you want? I stumbled accross a shop in san leandro last week and in back were about 9-12 old bus's just lined up sitting their. I did not stop but the front of the place lookid like a old used car lot.

I to started life as a VW guy. My first 15 cars were VW then I would get sick of repairs all the time and get an old honda, get sick of that and back to a VW. This patern went on for years. Also my first bending was on sand rails back when I was 14 or 15 so it is kind of in my blood. Now here it is 18 years later and what is in the shop but a 64 Notchback and a modern day rail (my eb buggy).

Kevin
                      Attached Files

Comment

I like following a "notchback" with a picture of mine. (always liked those cars)

Wade from San Diego for about another week then moving to Colorado. I have a 3 year project that is still not done yet (but I don't think it will ever be done.) At least we have been able to start enjoying this now. few details...
                        68 bronco, full width axles, coilovers, 5.0 swap, beadlocks, and other fun items.

Wade
                        Attached Files

Comment

I've seen that rig before. I remember seeing the front skid plate...

Comment

I've seen it too, on the computer that is. I was following the build up on Bfix
                            Marc D.
                            If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Originally posted by Rokcrln
                              33's that is just to cute!

Jusk kidding nice rig! What are your plans?

Kevin
                              Eventually going to go with a 5.5 lift with 35s. But I didn't have the money for the lift yet and got a deal on the 33s, $525 for 4 Pro-Comp Mud T/As. I just bought an EFI setup from a 87 Mustang GT. That will be my project for next summer.

Comment

I remember the day I bought my first EB and took it down for new tires, 33-12.5-15 good year m/t's and people thought I was nuts for going that big!

You have to start some where! Just have fun doing it.

Kevin

Comment

Working...
                                X