Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome to the Nor Cal Broncos forum!!! Please Check In Here!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Welcome to the Nor Cal Broncos forum!!! Please Check In Here!

Welcome! Keep the pictures coming on your project!
    1969 Sport, 351 roller EFI, 4R70W, TEAM BLUE.

Comment

Originally posted by Fireman View Post
      Nor Cal member "Stone Pony" recommended this site to me when I told him about my 15 year old son's 1967 EB project. My son and I are "restoring"(I use the term loosely) the EB for his first vehicle. My son purchased the EB with his own money and is buying parts as we go. I have been the financier and the supplier of cheap labor. It is a blast working on it with him. We have a long way to go. This site will definitely help us through the process.

Thanks,

Fireman
      What a cool dad!!
      Ive been here 3-4 weeks and the site has saved me money and time. All these guys are amazing on here!
      Welcome

Comment

That has got to be the craziest ways I have seen a cage mounted. Square tube can be strong, but those hinges are definitely the weak spot.
        Marc D.
        If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Originally posted by earlybronco72 View Post
          That has got to be the craziest ways I have seen a cage mounted. Square tube can be strong, but those hinges are definitely the weak spot.
          Good eyes Marc! I thought that was some sort of snorkel... That needs to go for safety.

Comment

Thank you for the warm welcome. We have made a few improvements since this picture was taken including the removal of the front left roll bar attachment point. The story from the previous owner an older gentleman, was he was tired of bumping his knee on the roll bar so he cut if off and attached it to the hinges.
            I will get my son to take some pictures of where we are at now.
            To get everyone up to date:
            • Drained and replaced all fluids
            • Replaced brake lines and wheel cylinders
            • Installed power brake booster
            • Rebuilt the carburetor
            • Replaced spark plugs
            • Repacked front wheel bearings
            • welded up some holes in body

The engine runs but is burning oil. The body is rough with some rust.
            Currently we are replacing the rusted out floor boards.
            We have almost all of the components to convert to power steering.
            We looking for a newer Dana 44 with disk brakes.
            Any suggestions or advice is always welcome. We are learning as we go.

Comment

Hey Ya'll. Fireman and Stone Pony introduced me to the site. Fireman is my father, and we have been restoring my 67 EB. I have been working on it for about a year and a half. I turn 16 in less than a month, and have the appointment to get my license on my birthday. Hopefully I can get her road worthy by the beginning of the school year. Will be excited to have the most badass truck at Willits High, also looking forward to tearing up some trails round Mendo.

I am currently working on paint and then welding on my new quarter panels, rocker panels, and taillight end caps. I have sandblasted from the windshield back, inside and out. Going to pull out the motor and sandblast the front half. Need to put my Dana 44 underneath her and get my disk brakes, and power steering set up before I drive her on the road.
              This site has been a bunch of help already, any suggestions are very helpful!

Thank you for all your help,
              Colton Pinson
              67 EB 289
              First vehicle, bought it at 14 and have been getting it road ready for the last two years, hopefully it will be drivable by August.
              3.5 inch lift, Dana 44 with 4.11 and disks, 100% Oakey

Comment

Welcome Colton! You guys have done some great work so far!

Doug
                2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
                1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
                2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Welcome Colton! You're an ambitious guy from the sounds of it and that's very cool that you're building your own first car. Keep it up and post some pictures!
                  1970 Bronco
                  My build thread

Comment

Welcome Colton! Use the search thread allot, lots of experience documented here on the disc brake install for the D44. Gotta have good brakes and stable steering...be safe first!
                    Relativity: Where ever you go, there you are.

Comment

Welcome Colton!

Comment

Sweet! I finally got signed up,

Here is my 1969 Bronco. 1990 Mustang 5.0EFI with a NP435, Dana 20. Front Dana 44 w/Spartan Locker, Rear 9-inch with Detroit, 4.11s. 3.5" suspension and 3" body lift on 35" tires.

and my next big purchase will probably be the NP203/D20 doubler.

Here are a few pictures of me going down the Mirror Lake Trial last year.
                        Attached Files
                        1969 Ford Bronco: 90 EFI 5.0HO, NP435/NP203/D20, 4.11s, D44 w/Spartan Locker, 9" w/Detroit Locker, Lift: 3.5" Suspension, 3" body and 35" tires. Hydroboost, York On-Board Air.

Comment

Welcome aboard! Nice rig

NCb has our annual rubicon trip coming up at the end of june.
                          {o===o}
                          Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                          EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
                          Originally posted by CityHick
                          I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

I've seen that rust bucket around the Madera Ranchos. Always wondered who the poor sap that owned it. It reminds me of this guys rig I used to go wheeling with last year. (See Pic) Hopefully me and him can get back on the trail soon. I'll let you know if we go wheeling.

Welcome to NCB buddy.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by TieWire; 05-23-2013, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bradical69 View Post
                              Sweet! I finally got signed up,

Here is my 1969 Bronco. 1990 Mustang 5.0EFI with a NP435, Dana 20. Front Dana 44 w/Spartan Locker, Rear 9-inch with Detroit, 4.11s. 3.5" suspension and 3" body lift on 35" tires.

and my next big purchase will probably be the NP203/D20 doubler.

Here are a few pictures of me going down the Mirror Lake Trial last year.
                              Your gonna love the 203/205.
                              1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Welcome aboard!
                                1970 Bronco
                                My build thread

Comment

Working...
                                X