Views:	2
Size:	293.9 KB
ID:	288661

NorCalBroncos
    10th Annual Broncos on the CON 2017

Dates:
    Thursday Crew July 20th - 23rd
    Friday Crew July 21st - 23rd

Where: Rubicon Trail (IceHouse Road/loon Lake Dam)
    Directions: ENTER YOUR ADDRESS HERE
    Parking for Trailers: Ample parking exists right at the trailhead, with overflow and oversize parking available in the gravel lot
    adjacent to the Loon Lake Chalet. There is a public toilet at the Chalet and a kiosk with trail information
    and a public toilet at the trailhead.

Printable Fire permit:
    Click Here

Maps
    Printable
    Waypoints

Camping:

On The Trail:
    In the National Forests near the trail and alongside the trail, dispersed camping is allowed in most areas.
    Dispersed camping means just that: you can camp about anywhere you like, but you cannot drive off
    the roads or the Rubicon Trail! Virtually ALL of the camping on the trail itself is dispersed.
    Here’s a list of likely spots to camp alongside the trail:
    Wentworth Springs
    Ellis Creek
    Walker Hill
    Winter Camp (near Little Sluice)
    Little Sluice slab area
    Buck Island lake
    Rubicon Springs (private, $15 per vehicle gets you three nights)
    Top of Cadillac at Observation point area

Off The Trail:
    Airport Flat
    Loon Lake Campground
    Northshore Loon Lake

CB Radio:
    Channel 5

Ham Radio:
    146.805 -.600 PL123.0
    The KA6GWY repeater, covers the west slope of El Dorado County and the Sacramento area.

145.350 (repeater transmitter), odd split to 146.205 (repeater receiver), PL123.0
    The Tahoe Basin KA6GWY repeater, linked 24/7 to the 805 ELD repeater, coverage in the Tahoe Basin.

146.805 simplex, no PL
    This is the repeater output frequency of the KA6GWY repeater. Nice to have so that you can talk to
    your friends right in front of you, still listen to the repeater, but not tie it up when simplex will work just fine.

444.9875 +5.00 PL156.7
    The Rubicon repeater located near Spider Lake, coverage on all of the Rubicon Trail except east of Barker
    Meadows OHV trail.

444.9875 +5.00 PL 107.2
    Same as RUBI except that when using this PL it links to 805ELD and 805 TAH.

444.9875 simplex, PL107.2
    This is the repeater output frequency of the Spider repeater. Nice to have so that you can talk to your
    friends right in front of you, still listen to the repeater, but not tie it up when simplex will work just fine.
    Note, PL is used because some users decode PL on their handheld radios.

"Unnofficial" Schedule:
    This is not set in stone nor an official schedule. Just Ideas

Thursday: Start at the loon lake Dam. Usually takes their time getting to Buck Island Lake and Sets Up camp, then relaxes.

Friday: Friday crew will meet up with Thursday crew at Buck Island and begin relaxing.

Saturday: Trail runs, fishing, swimming, Party etc...

Sunday: Exit through Tahoe side (cadillac hill) or exit Loon Lake Side.

This list will be kept up to date with members posts (SO POST UP!)
    Thursday Crew:
    71BRONCO71
    39ford
    Rockbronco67
    crawlin68
    dblue351
    Broncrick
    Rlemon

Friday Crew:
    efibroncoman
    gddyap
    slow poke

Wednesday Crew:

Last edited by 71BRONCO71; 07-16-2017, 09:14 AM.
    {o===o}
    Originally posted by TBS-POPS
    EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
    Originally posted by CityHick
    I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Re: The ***OFFICIAL*** 10th Annual "Broncos on the CON" July (20) 21 22 23

Very nice write up Ryan. If my rig is done, I'll be in on the Thursday crew.
    Last edited by Rockbronco67; 05-13-2017, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Nice thread Ryan! I'll be there with my lil' sis. We'll be going in on Thursday. Can't wait to see everyone again this year.

Comment

Planning on Thursday night rolling in.
        WT 4x4
        91' One Ton Bronco
        1971 Bronco
        9/11/01 Never Forget

Comment

Hopefully I can make this next year...!

Comment

I'm going to try to head in Friday afternoon.

On another note, the Portland guys that do Moab and Florence every year are now looking to come down the week of September the 10th for a Rubicon run. That will be a good trip too.
            SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Thurs morning here also ��
              68 Slightly modified
              67 LUBR once again
              61 Willy Wagon

Comment

THREAD UPDATED!

The more the merrier. I plan on bringing my kayaks and a blow up party island
                {o===o}
                EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....

Comment

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 View Post
                  THREAD UPDATED!

The more the merrier. I plan on bringing my kayaks and a blow up doll
                  WHOA!!! Dude! Keep it clean, this is a family group!!! LOL
                  SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Probably going Fri morning with a jeep friend. Anyone planning on going all the way thru or is everyone coming back out Loon?

Comment

I can't make it, it's my dad's 70th birthday that weekend. I might be up there July 5th-8th with the Santa Cruz 4 Wheel Drive Club. Take lots of pics!!
                      Kyle
                      Aptos
                      1967 EB, 5.8, AOD, Stak 5.22, 37's, Dana44/9" w/ARBs 5.13s, 3.5" WH SL, 2" BL, 4wheel disc hydroboost, wristed.

Comment

I'm rig less again this year.
                        67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
                        69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
                        69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
                        79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
                        67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

ohh this looks good. im just seeing this
                          KK6DAD
                          70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

I'm a maybe for Thursday. Sill working on getting the new 5.0 bugs worked out as well as make a new fuel tank. This thing goes through way more fuel than the old 302. Hope to meet some of the NCB crew again.
                            76, DuPont midori sour green, explorer 5.0, Mild built C4, D20, 1 ton steering, 44 w/soft locker 4:11, 9" w/locker, 4.5" lift, 1" NHL Bodylift, Duff front long arm's,4.5 WH front and rear, 35 toyo's, FloFit seats and other dodad's.

Comment

Originally posted by gddyap View Post
                              Probably going Fri morning with a jeep friend. Anyone planning on going all the way thru or is everyone coming back out Loon?
                              I will be heading out loon lake
                              {o===o}

Comment

Working...
                              X