Twisted 66 Build Progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Twisted 66 Build Progress

Look'n fantastic! I too love the color. You made a great choice and keep up the good work. And keep the pictures coming too!!

Comment

I agree with monkey

Comment

Its starting to look like a Bronco again, nice work Joe! May need to drive mine over the hill one of these days and check yours out.
        1970 Bronco
        My build thread

Comment

Yeah seems like people for the most part who have a 5.5" suspension lift & 2" body run 37" tires. Once I get the heavier things on it it will pull it down some plus it will settle out after some miles. I am going to go with 37" tires more than likely,but keep opinions coming...

Comment

Originally posted by CityHick View Post
            Its starting to look like a Bronco again, nice work Joe! May need to drive mine over the hill one of these days and check yours out.
            Anytime Tony..

Comment

I love the color

Comment

Some more progress, shot the Raptor liner in the tub. Great stuff and user friendly. Working on putting the dash together, rebuilding clutch, gas pedal, brake pedals, heater assembly in prep for the arrival of the cage. Takes time coaching T-ball so as usual the bronco is on the free time like there is any.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by twisted 66 View Post
                  Takes time coaching T-ball so as usual the bronco is on the free time like there is any.
                  Nice work on the Bronco... The coaching gig will pay dividends for a long time...
                  2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
                  1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
                  2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Looks awesome!
                    Yes I'm a girl, NO I don't like PINK, and DAMMIT I CAN WHEEL!

Comment

It looks great! I want to hear more about raptor liner, I have heard good things, but I have also heard you have to use a LOT of it to get good coverage. How much did you end up using? I have also heard you can get it tinted to almost whatever color you want. I was thinking about using it inside and inside the fenders, kind of like undercoating, but better, to prevent rock dings from the inside.
                      Build thread

Comment

Originally posted by pippinmader View Post
                        It looks great! I want to hear more about raptor liner, I have heard good things, but I have also heard you have to use a LOT of it to get good coverage. How much did you end up using? I have also heard you can get it tinted to almost whatever color you want. I was thinking about using it inside and inside the fenders, kind of like undercoating, but better, to prevent rock dings from the inside.
                        I used all four bottles that it came with because it was there, and has good thickness for what it is. It is not as thick as a Line-X by any means but also is only a little over $100 as compared to $500-$600 for Line-X. It comes in black and a tintable kit. All you do is add the hardner up to a line on the bottle then add what ever color you want up to the other line, shake and shoot. It is really in my opinion a real D.I.Y way to go. Just take the time and do good prep and masking it will come out great. Obviously I can comment on performance yet but it looks like a professional application.

Comment

Little more progress...
                          Attached Files

Comment

Pics of my cage that is sitting on Dave's floor, ready for powder coating...
                            Attached Files

Comment

Got the dash in and wired with the cage as well. Cage came out great thx 2 Dave, got switch panel from 12 volt guy.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Installing Dave's cages is fun, isn't it? I helped 14Justice drop his in... tight fit to say the least! I really like your switch panel up on the cage, and your Bronco is really coming together nicely.
                                1970 Bronco
                                My build thread

Comment

Working...
                                X