6daze project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 6daze project

Been a while since we heard from you, glad to see the Fam and Bronco out on the trails... My 16 y/o doesn't want to drive the bronco, but the 13 y/o is RTG.

Looks like in your last picture that Gil made it down for the ride!
    2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
    1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
    2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

I have completed a few small projects on the Bronco but I also spent some time in Mexico recently. I navigated half of the Baja 500 earlier this month. It was our first race and we did it as a fundraiser for a kid with Cerebral Palsy. 19 hours and 51 minutes later we finished! It was an awesome experience from 5 days of prerunning to 10 straight hours in the car. One minor rollover and no major mechanical problems made for a great day. Here are a couple pics of the car.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6061.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	198.1 KB
ID:	274703Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5390.jpg
Size:	544.6 KB
ID:	274704
      Last edited by 6daze; 06-25-2017, 01:16 PM.
      71 Bronco
      EFI, ZF, Atlas 4.3, 35" BFG's, Explorer serp, hydroboost, 4 wheel disks, Lars Bars, Protofab bumpers, Warn winch,
      Mastercraft seats.

Build thread

ZF swap

Comment

To make it a little Bronco-related I did see this guy down there. The only early bronco in the race. Unfortunately he was upside down around RM 75 and DNF.

Name:	IMG_5961.jpg
Size:	573.6 KB
ID:	274705

Did see this beauty too.

Name:	IMG_5977.jpg
Size:	307.1 KB
ID:	274716
        Last edited by 6daze; 06-26-2017, 05:11 PM.
        71 Bronco
        EFI, ZF, Atlas 4.3, 35" BFG's, Explorer serp, hydroboost, 4 wheel disks, Lars Bars, Protofab bumpers, Warn winch,
        Mastercraft seats.

Build thread

ZF swap

Comment

Name:	IMG_6064.jpg
Size:	578.1 KB
ID:	274711
          Ok, now to some Bronco stuff. I finally replaced the rear seat. The kids are growing out of their car seats. I have had the front Mastercraft seats for a couple years and I really like them. I considered getting buckets for the back but decided on a bench. I drive up to the Off Road Expo in Pomona to try to get a deal. I did save a few bucks but was disappointed to learn that Mastercraft doesn't make seats with headrests any longer. No fixed or adjustable! You can't buy a new vehicle without headrests! They had no explanation for why they no longer made them. If I didn't already have the front seats I might pick a different brand. The only thing I can think of is blocking the view out the back but my tire does a good job of that already! I had to add a bar to my cage as an attachment point for the harnesses. I think I will change these out however as the are difficult for the kids to buckle. PRP makes a harness where the shoulder and waist straps are sewn together. The buckle is much more kid friendly. You do lose the 5th attachment however.
          71 Bronco
          Mastercraft seats.

Build thread

ZF swap

Comment

Name:	IMG_5764.jpg
Size:	446.0 KB
ID:	274712Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6074.jpg
Size:	501.8 KB
ID:	274713

I also picked up some new headlights. Rigid sponsored our race team so I was able to get a little discount on these. Very simple plug and play to install.

Old H4 Hellas:

Name:	DSC_1375.jpg
Size:	251.7 KB
ID:	274714

new LEDs:

Name:	DSC_1386.jpg
Size:	219.2 KB
ID:	274715
            Last edited by 6daze; 06-26-2017, 03:55 PM.
            71 Bronco
            Mastercraft seats.

Build thread

ZF swap

Comment

Originally posted by 6daze View Post
              was disappointed to learn that Mastercraft doesn't make seats with headrests any longer. .
              I talked to a Mastercraft rep at the 4WheelParts Truckfest and she told me the same thing. No benches with headrests anymore. No explanation. I ended up getting a Bestop rear seat.

Comment

Name:	IMG_5918.jpg
Size:	633.1 KB
ID:	274717

And finally some new/old BFGs. Four rims cost me a 12 pack and some elbow grease to shine up. I picked up four slightly used tires from another Bronco brother down here. The new spare and new rim cost more than the other four!
                35 x 12.50 x 15

Name:	IMG_6079.jpg
Size:	428.0 KB
ID:	274718
                Last edited by 6daze; 06-26-2017, 09:40 PM.
                71 Bronco
                Mastercraft seats.

Build thread

ZF swap

Comment

Working...
                X