Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Donk the '67 Bronc

Originally posted by JustaJake View Post
    Good Looking out, thats some great feedback! I'll have to look into that, I've been going back and forth on the exhaust too. Saves some space I'm sure. Is there any discussion anywhere on the pros and cons?
    Guys have been talking about making more low end torque with single exhaust. Not sure on actual #s but it is definately cleaner, saves space, allows you EFI guys to run fuel lines away from exhaust and lessen the chances for vapor lock and is cheaper not having to buy 2 mufflers. Can't really think of any cons off hand.
    sigpicRoad trips on an island get boring after the 1st lap...

Comment

With the Explorer rail there any issues with the fuel pressure reg clearing the intake?

Comment

Originally posted by JustaJake View Post
        With the Explorer rail there any issues with the fuel pressure reg clearing the intake?
        That I can't comment on since I'm not EFI. Seems they're sought after so if there is an issue I'm sure someone has a fairly Bronco friendly (read easy & cheap) fix! I haven't heard of any issues w/ it but maybe some of the EFI gurus on here will chime in... If memory serves me correct I think its towards the firewall enough to clear.
        Last edited by Fungus232; 11-12-2009, 03:48 PM.

Comment

TOUCHDOWN!!!! I just set the new 5.0 EFI engine in this evening. I'll get some pics up soon when the light is better. Its nice to have a power plant back in the rig. its getting closer to movin under its own power soon!

I also went ahead and put on a 1" body lift too. possible NV3550 in the works next year

From here its getting the harness set up and buttoning everything up. The last biggest project is the radiator and exhaust.

My thought on the radiator was to install one that will accommodate both types steering boxes that way the door is always open. any suggestions?

Both are more really about $$ than anything else.

Comment

Jake,
            Checkout what I did with a $30 junkyard radiator in my build thread "FungusAmongus". It's from a '93 4.0L explorer ('91-'94). It's the 2 core version (some came w/ single cores but are super easy to spot). This thing works awesome and I mounted it to the passenger side about 1/2" off center to give just a tad more clearance w/ my 4x4x2 box. Worked it real hard this Saturday in the slop and mud for the first time and it didn't get over 190! Best part is it takes stock '99 5.0L explorer upper and lower hoses if you're running the explorer serpentine. Not sure what would be different with a Mustang style front dress. Inlets and outlets are on the proper sides for the 5.0 so you could prob run stock mustang hoses?

Comment

Working...
            X