Donk the '67 Bronc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donk the '67 Bronc

Here are some photos of my little project I am currently working on. Currently I am swapping out frames and will be installing a 5.0 EFI engine. Plans are to make this a "work in progress" or a "rolling project". I don't want something sitting around for two years. I'm hoping to have something to trail ride and take hunting and maybe some Urban Cougar hunting too! Let me if you all have some ideas or feedback.

Plans are: Lift, modest tires, power brakes, front discs. After that is wide open.
    Attached Files

Re: Donk the '67 Bronc

Thats a good lookin Urban Cougar huntin dog ya got there bagged any lately?

Comment

Looks like a great start!

Originally posted by JustaJake View Post
      ...I don't want something sitting around for two years....
      Hey, I resemble that remark... So - you live in Tracy and work in Livermore eh? I think I need to see how my rig does up and over the Altamont after it gets its new shoes and checking out your project sounds like a good excuse to do just that.

Oh yeah - nice Vizsla! I have a 4.5 year old male Vizsla who still thinks he's a pup. They are the greatest dogs... Mine knows what the word 'Bronco' means and has been known to jump 3 feet off the ground in excitement at the mere mention. Glad to see yours seems to approve of your rig as well.

-Tony
      1970 Bronco
      My build thread

Comment

HA you could cheat too and take Old Altamont Rd. I'm actually in Mountain House but not to many folk have any idea where that is.

Originally posted by TN1776 View Post
        Looks like a great start!

Hey, I resemble that remark... So - you live in Tracy and work in Livermore eh? I think I need to see how my rig does up and over the Altamont after it gets its new shoes and checking out your project sounds like a good excuse to do just that.

Oh yeah - nice Vizsla! I have a 4.5 year old male Vizsla who still thinks he's a pup. They are the greatest dogs... Mine knows what the word 'Bronco' means and has been known to jump 3 feet off the ground in excitement at the mere mention. Glad to see yours seems to approve of your rig as well.

-Tony

Comment

I do, I do, I do.......
          1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

I know where Mountain House is... and I'd probably take Old Altamont road at least one direction. Anyway, looks like a fun little project you've got there.
            1970 Bronco
            My build thread

Comment

Good starting point.

Originally posted by JustaJake View Post
              HA you could cheat too and take Old Altamont Rd. I'm actually in Mountain House but not to many folk have any idea where that is.
              hey i resent that!!! hahahahaa
              i take the pass in my truck. I dont like coming down the hill with with my tires and the drum/drum brakes. and dont forget that wind! broncos were not make with aerodynamics in mind. a good gust cant throw you off the side.

I am Always on byron highway. it was wierd when i pulled up to the stop sign (mnt house RD./ Byron Hwy) and the boxcars were gone.
              {o===o}
              Originally posted by TBS-POPS
              EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
              Originally posted by CityHick
              I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

OK my dumbass is back!!! So I've been offline for a few months and the project has had its set backs. mostly work taking up my time and saving the funds to dump into the project!!

Right now I've decided to spend the $$ and get a freshly built engine to my liking and do things right the first time, even if it costs a little $$.

As it looks for now, i'm looking at the following:

5.0 engine install- I have RJM harness, serp setup, upper and lower intakes, etc.
                Steering situation figured out, need from pitman arm to tie rods or swap to different steering box
                acquire and install 3-speed floor shifter and cover
                decide on radiator setup and install

So i have a lot of work ahead but with some planning it should all come together soon.

Wish me luck!!!!

Comment

Over the last few months I have been fairly busy with work, but I have been able to get a few things accomplished. I am trying to be better at taking for pics to share with you all.

I have give me engine compartment a good once over with some black paint and getting to install all the new gear.

I have also have my engine ready to be dropped in, lets hope this weekend!!

I've got the 23 gal tank installed and the fuel lines - both from BC Broncos

So check this photos and I'll have more to come.

Thanks

Here is how its sitting now after the total frame swap and on a 3.5" lift

Comment

nice progress...
                    68 Slightly modified
                    67 LUBR once again
                    61 Willy Wagon

Comment

That is lookin sweet. I am really diggin that 5.0.
                      They flex like a boneless hooker

Comment

Your 5.0 looks very sweet all blacked out. Did you paint it that way yourself? If so, what did you use?

Comment

Dylan, I wish it was the case. My dumbass got a wild hair and had it all powered coated. I'm at odds with the decision cause for what i spent I could have put a little more power into the manifold rather than make it pretty. Since its done I think it looks cool. I want to keep it looking as rugged as possible, rather than polished and shiny. Engines dont need bling for me, though I spent a pretty penny to make it "rugged" hahaha

Comment

Before you run all your fuel lines go to the pick-n-pull & getcha a fuel rail from a '95-'01 5.0 explorer! Keeps all your fuel lines & return on your driver's side away from the exhaust (atleast if you go w/ a 2 into 1 exhaust which most of us seem to be doing these days)...

I agree w/ the others on the looks of your 5.0! Looks tough! Me likes!
                            sigpicRoad trips on an island get boring after the 1st lap...

Comment

Good Looking out, thats some great feedback! I'll have to look into that, I've been going back and forth on the exhaust too. Saves some space I'm sure. Is there any discussion anywhere on the pros and cons?

Comment

Working...
                              X