Project Rockbronco67

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Project Rockbronco67

I got some stuff done this weekend. I made my front and rear hardline for my brakes. Still have to run them from the MC to the cutting brake. I also started on my front bumper. I made the hoop but I bent it a little to much and had to bend it back out 4 degrees on each side. I was wondering what everyone thought? Should I redo it or just leave it. The hoop will be about a inch lower once I cut the bottom of the tube to mount it. Also what do you think about the angle. It is at 70 degrees, I like the angle. I still need to add the brush guard tubes. Also the winch I bought is in the picture. It looks brand new. I added some random picks of my dash and engine. I have not cleaned up the wires under the dash yet so don't comment about the mess.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Rockbronco67; 03-09-2009, 09:48 AM.

Comment

I like the angle of the bumper. I did mine similar because otherwise you can't get over the stinger to get into the engine compartment. The bend is o.k. but I would like to see the other option you had in mind . Thanks for the pics of the cross member that helps alot. Are those the 1350 cv joint flanges? Is yours a "B" box? Think I am getting confused with the B vs. the mini. Yours STak box looks different then Cary T's in his thread. Thanks for the help.

FM <><
      72EB, one-ton fab project that will never end

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
      1 Cor 16:13-14

Comment

His looks like the B Box, not the mini. Both come in 3 spd versions. From what I got from Cary, the B boxes were meant for high horsepower rigs. 400 plus at least.

I want to know what you are using for a speedo. If you have one at all.
        Last edited by kwspony; 03-09-2009, 07:27 PM.
        1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Comment

I like the front hoop Matt. The brake lines look good too. You do very nice work fo sho! What's with all of the wires hanging down under you dash? LOL! Sorry I couldn't resist. He He.

Comment

I like the angle of the bumper. I did mine similar because otherwise you can't get over the stinger to get into the engine compartment. The bend is o.k. but I would like to see the other option you had in mind . Thanks for the pics of the cross member that helps alot. Are those the 1350 cv joint flanges? Is yours a "B" box? Think I am getting confused with the B vs. the mini. Yours STak box looks different then Cary T's in his thread. Thanks for the help.
            Familyman,
            Mine is the huge B-Box not the mini. When I purchased this, they did not have the Mini. I have a 1350 flange in the rear and 1350 non cv front with Tom Woods drive shafts. Here are the pictures of the shifters you asked for earlier. I don't know if they are the same as the Mini. My floor is pretty cut up so I was able to get a good picture. I am going to redo my floors later on.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Rockbronco67; 03-10-2009, 10:00 AM.

Comment

I want to know what you are using for a speedo. If you have one at all.
              kwspony, I am not going to run a Speedo right now. I am concerned on how the engine is going to run with out the VSS hooked up. I started a good thread about this and we found out maybe the Dakota Digital SGI-5 will work. I have not purchased this yet but I plan to if my engine does not run right.

http://www.dakotadigital.com/index.c...rod/prd126.htm

Comment

I will probably go with a new Autometer speedo and the vss option Stak has. I have been wanting a new dash setup for awhile now anyway. I like the Dakota setup but it is way to costly.
                1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Comment

O.K I think if I am going to do this once then I want the "B" box. Thats the one I have been looking at. I hope someday to run 400+ hp and I don't want to chance it. The shifters look like they come over into your leg room area pretty good. Is that the pic or do you think they will hit your leg when in gear?

I like the way you flipped the mounting points for the trann/t-case cross-x with the 1" lift bocks. I think I will probably copy that

Thanks for the help,
                  FM <><
                  72EB, one-ton fab project that will never end

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
                  1 Cor 16:13-14

Comment

The shifters are not in the way really. They only move forward a little to engage them but you can always run cable shifters. The mount is raised 3/4 of inch. I could have done 1" but I already built my tcase mount. The transfer case is big. I have it raised 3/4 inch, clocked flat, and it still hangs down 2.5" below the rails.
                    Last edited by Rockbronco67; 03-10-2009, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Autometer speedo and the vss option Stak has
                      What option?

Comment

http://www.stak4x4.com/3speed_mini.htm

toward the bottom of the page. It is supposed to work with a Jeep. I found the wiring diagram and posted in another thread.

Comment

Nice work just got in here at the tail end, I ahve bbe looking around for the best link setup.. I just got my 1 ton rear 77.5 60 and need my hp60 front what is the best , Flat tops?

Comment

Nice work just got in here at the tail end, I ahve bbe looking around for the best link setup.. I just got my 1 ton rear 77.5 60 and need my hp60 front what is the best , Flat tops?
                            My front is a 1979 F350 HP D60. I don't know what the best year is. Some like different years because the tube on the driver side is shorter.
                            Last edited by Rockbronco67; 03-31-2009, 08:52 AM.

Comment

This weekend I put the tires back on so I can clean my garage. Here it is with out the rear coil overs, just some pieces of 4x4 under the bumps. As you can see the front end is still about 3" to high but I still need to put my winch on and finish the bumper. I actually drove it around the my property with out brakes just to make sure everything turns freely. It was the most I drove it in three years.

I am about to start working on the body. My question is what color should I paint it? I don't want it too bright. I was thinking either some shade of blue metallic or grey metallic. It has to match the roll cage and links. Let me know what you think.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Rockbronco67; 03-31-2009, 08:48 AM.

Comment

That thing is really nice. I know you probably already posted this, but what is your wheel base?
                                1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Working...
                                X