X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M_luther View Post
    Doug, looks amazing.
    Thanks Mike!

Work Continues.... Once the frame stuff is finished, then back to the engine compartment and underbody....
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 904Bronco; 02-11-2022, 08:02 PM.
    2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
    1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
    2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Really nice work there Doug! I really like how your frame came out. I've been going back and forth about painting vs. powder coating my frame. Is that a satin black?

Comment

Yes Patrick, it is a satin black... Most common black the the shop uses.

Comment

Done hanginging parts on the Chassis, back to the engine compartment. Need to have the two joined back together before my trip in mid March.

Rustmort applied to engine compartment battery rust and wiped down a day later. Primer and filler today if we do reach 65* today?
          Attached Files
          Last edited by 904Bronco; 02-26-2022, 07:32 AM.

Comment

Looks fantastic Doug! Do you plan to repaint the body or are you going to leave the patina?

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
              Looks fantastic Doug! Do you plan to repaint the body or are you going to leave the patina?
              Patrick, I have no plans to paint it. But....

It needs a new tailgate - multiple holes and a hood - cracked in two places. Not to mention filling the front fuel tank filler hole, driver's side rocker has a dent, and some body work could be done at the bottom of the tail light extensions. Then add to that Jim Go tells me he has an interested Buyer if I paint it, probably won't want white paint though.

So, Patrick, I have no plans to paint it. But.... lets just see how long it takes me to get it to be a running/driving Bronco first.

Comment

Doug, if you need a hood, my original is available. Not perfect. Coupla small dings and a very small crack on the left side flange that I repaired with a mending strip years ago, before it progressed into the main hood. Yours for free if interested.

Can provide pix if interested. Email me.
                Last edited by Lars; 03-02-2022, 06:22 PM.
                1970, Exploder 5.0 with P heads, EEC-IV EDIS, lots of wiring.

Originally posted by CityHick
                I suddenly feel rich and feel the need to dump more cash into my Bronco.

Comment

Originally posted by Lars View Post
                  Doug, if you need a hood, my original is available. Not perfect. Coupla small dings and a very small crack on the left side flange that I repaired with a mending strip years ago, before it progressed into the main hood. Yours for free if interested.

Can provide pix if interested. Email me.
                  Thank you Lars

I do have a new hood in a box from Tom's that Brad, aka: 14Justice, brough down for me at Christmas (as well as a new tailgate).
                  Much apreciated the Bronco Brotherhood and the non sales tax/shipping.
                  I can still patch what I have, much as I did for Mater. (The new Owner has already bought a new hood for him)

As many Retired folks will say, I am far too busy at times than I want to be. I have much to do on Betty and really enjoy the process of restoration.
                  I have taken on far more jobs that I used to Farm out and with the cost of things today, I feel that is a good thing.

Again, I much appreciate the Offer...

Comment

Coming together nicely, Doug. What year windstar do you source the ecu box and cover? Thanks, Karl

Comment

Originally posted by onpier55 View Post
                      Coming together nicely, Doug. What year windstar do you source the ecu box and cover? Thanks, Karl
                      1998 vintage... 1st gen1994 >1998 and 2nd gen 1998>2003. I believe that they are all the same. Bring a saw-z-all.... For the inside AC stuff.

And nothing new to report on Betty. I need to sand the high build primer and shoot paint in the engine compartment... But, I t looks like I will have to make my own PS bump our bracket for the Rad support now. I have a template I made, but need to borrow a better brake than I have to bend the 16g sheetmetal.
                      Last edited by 904Bronco; 03-16-2022, 06:39 AM.

Comment

I’d loan you my break but with the gas prices. I doubt you want to drive to Sacramento and back. Haha

Comment

Originally posted by onpier55 View Post
                          I’d loan you my break but with the gas prices. I doubt you want to drive to Sacramento and back. Haha
                          Yeah, even driving south to Prunedale to borrow a buddies Break would have been costly. But I was able to do locally calling in some favors.
                          Got the parts painted with weld on primer last night, will weld them up today.
                          Attached Files

Comment

One more thing off the list... now final prep for paint.
                            Attached Files

Comment

That came out great Doug! Nice work there buddy. Looks better than factory.

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
                                That came out great Doug! Nice work there buddy. Looks better than factory.
                                Thanks Patrick. Here is Sundays work....
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X