Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Blwngsket Project

Thought about that.
    1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

^ that'll work, just make sure you have quick feet... Toes don't like falling axle parts!
      SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Was thinking of hooking it up to a rafter with a come a long, lifting it slightly off of the jack stands and the smaking it with a dead blow. Save the toes.
        1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Came home last night to boxes at the front door. Plasma cutter and a TIG welder .
          Just waiting on the cart.
          This is gonna be fun

Comment

What did you get? I'm looking to get a tig soon and can't make my mind up.

Comment

I bought an Eastwood 200 TIG along with the versa cut plasma. It was a package deal with a cart and foot control for the TIG.
              Nothing super fancy, but looks like a good unit.

Comment

Originally posted by blwngsket View Post
                Came home last night to boxes at the front door. Plasma cutter and a TIG welder .
                Just waiting on the cart.
                This is gonna be fun
                Finally gluing that 60 under your 10,000lbs bronco?
                {o===o}
                Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
                Originally posted by CityHick
                I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

I bought an Eastwood 200 TIG along with the versa cut plasma. It was a package deal with a cart and foot control for the TIG.
                  Nothing super fancy, but looks like a good unit.
                  I have a co-worker that has that set. He said he likes it. I've been eye-balling it myself. Let me know what you think.
                  SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

What else can get in the way of working on the pig.

Side job fixing a house up after the tenants moved out.
                    All new fixtures, lights/faucets.
                    Interior paint
                    Closet organizers
                    Pull up carpet/resurface 1950's hardwood flooring in 4 rooms and hallway
                    Replace dry rot in the eves....

Also may be moving. Can't do shit until I figure that one out.
                    Ton of parts and no time........

Comment

What else can get in the way of working on the pig.........
                      I hear that.... And you are not alone... 8 y/o son's Fall baseball season is over this Saturday, hopefully work will slow down some for the Holidays, but then the kids will be home. Fall/Winter house maintenance, My 88 y/o Father's needs are increasing... I am happy to just get a few hrs here and there in the garage
                      2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
                      1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
                      2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

An ARB for a 14 bolt showed up
                        Question now is To shave or not to shave? Full shave or just grind the lip?

Was looking at the TMR kit.

Thoughts about welding steel plate to cast steel?

Any thoughts?

Comment

If'n I were running a 14 bolt, I would buy the full shave kit from one of the vendors and get as much added ground clearance as possible. There is a technique for welding cast steel to steel. Give me a ring if you need some pointers.

Comment

Check. Been doing a fair amount of research on this. be good to talk to someone whos been there. Can you pm your cell?
                            Last edited by blwngsket; 12-29-2013, 06:03 AM.

Comment

http://www.powerblocktv.com/episodes...wheeler-part-3

6 minutes in is where they get to the shave part. This is what I would do if it were me.

Comment

Have that on the DVR.
                                He doesn't show or talk about pre heat, peening or wrapping to slow down the cooling process. He just rips away with a mig and calls it good.
                                Seems the thoughts on this are very mixed.
                                Anyone have any thoughts?

Comment

Working...
                                X